Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012. C2S. What is a good price?

Old 02-21-2019, 05:16 PM
CaptainL
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
Sports chrono, PDCC, S brakes, PSE, 20 inch wheels ETC ETC. the .2 base is still not an S. If drag racing/ 0-60 is your only concern then yes they are very similar. The new S is faster than the old S.
hey Bud. Fair enough. I guess the base 991.2 doesn't have those options available? What else would you consider? Just trying to figure it all out. Thanks
Old 02-22-2019, 02:17 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 403 Likes on 288 Posts
Default For what purpose

Well I know there are a lot of threads and everyone has their own opinion and likes/dislikes. It depends on your usage. I just added a 10/100 warranty to mine and will probably keep 15 years if I'm lucky. If you are going to track the car I would say the PDK is better although I prefer the manual for my weekend driver. I like the S3.8 liter N/A motor because of heat. Turbos are asked to do more with less. As a daily driver for gas mileage the low end response of the turbo is probably better but again that is not what I use my vehicle for. I also used to ride motorcycles and like to wind a car out during which said usage the N/A sounds and feels great. Here is a link to a thread on the .1 SC package. https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1053...-chrono-3.html. I also very much like the look of the clock on the dash which comes with SC although some people do not. On the .2 I am not well versed on the SC option but perhaps someone else can chime in. To further complicate matters on the .2 the T has some of the SC functions without ordering it but apparently not the clock. If I were buying a .2 I would buy the T. Again for me, a sunroof, CAB or Targa is not a good idea with Porsche. Although they have nice interiors fit and finish is not their strong suit (I just got 6K in door panels replaced under warranty). Sunroofs and other stuff tend to rattle. I hate rattles. If you are someone who changes cars every two years or are not concerned with weight/performance in the twisties this does not affect you. I very much like the 4 way sport seats. They are great support and lightweight. Again, everyone has a different size bucket. I'm 6"1 and 220. I open the window for a radio and listed to the pop/crack of the PSE. The base stereo unit is more than enough for me but others would not own the car without the burmiester thumping bass. Porsche makes a great product and you really can not go wrong between the .1/.2 but the best way to decide is drive a bunch of them. For me everything is about power to weight ratio as I like to go fast. No sunroof -50 pounds, no heated and cooled seats -35 pounds, S rims -30 pounds, etc.

Originally Posted by CaptainL
hey Bud. Fair enough. I guess the base 991.2 doesn't have those options available? What else would you consider? Just trying to figure it all out. Thanks
Old 02-23-2019, 10:53 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

He'd be crazy to let it go for $60K.

There's a reason 991.1's have been holding up so well in the used market since 991.2's came out, and are so closely priced despite being years older. IMO, especially as the 992 comes out, they'll hold strong depreciation being the last of the N/A Carreras. You really need to "want" one to pay the prices they command.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012. C2S. What is a good price?