Credit card
Cell phone
Tire plug kit
This and whatever else is in the Porsche tool box
Old 02-16-2019, 03:11 PM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

Add these to the list. Strobes - designed to stop the common garden variety window-licker from running into you at night, on a dark road.

A consideration with the glass breaker/seat belt cutter. - make sure it’s somewhere that you can reach hanging upside down. If it’s unsecured in a door pocket it may end up out of reach. That would be frustrating
Old 02-16-2019, 03:49 PM
P4H
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by keithgreer
I started to carry a small jump start battery kit inside the car (behind the passenger seat on the floor) in case the battery dies and I can't open the frunk to jump it. Thanks to this forum, I was made aware that it could be useful to have that inside the car with the cigarette lighter adapter so the frunk can be popped open. Also, I keep a tire plug kit inside the car.
Which jump starter do you guys recommend? Any concern with leaving it inside the car on very hot days?
Old 02-16-2019, 07:11 PM
phefner
Rennlist Member

Received 699 Likes on 416 Posts

Bottle of Tequila.

Let the world pass by.
Old 02-16-2019, 07:25 PM
Jim137a
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by P4H

Which jump starter do you guys recommend? Any concern with leaving it inside the car on very hot days?
I purschased an Anti Gravity XP-10. They’re a site sponsor.

https://shop.antigravitybatteries.co.../micro-starts/
Old 02-16-2019, 11:16 PM
Porsche Jeff
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Pretty handy group here, me not included. I keep Altoid mints, my hairbrush and some cologne. Never know when you need to look and smell good with fresh breath! Hoping cell phone works and a couple of $50s in my wallet usually do work.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:18 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 953 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by P4H

I have this one. And remember that if you want to use it to open the frunk after the car battery fails, then the booster can't be in the frunk!

Amazon Amazon
Old 02-17-2019, 01:50 AM
TwinTurbo420
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche Jeff
Pretty handy group here, me not included. I keep Altoid mints, my hairbrush and some cologne. Never know when you need to look and smell good with fresh breath! Hoping cell phone works and a couple of $50s in my wallet usually do work.
I think all of us, especially when still under warranty, plan on calling Porsche "free" roadside assistance as Plan A. Once out of warranty, either your insurance company roadside assistance or AAA. Still plan A.

Plan B would be when you are in some area where you have no phone service & no one to help you.

A tire plug kit + the included compressor may be able to get the car drivable, so you can get to a tire shop. Or at least to where you can call a tow truck.
Some of the other emergency equipment may also be useful such as jumper cables. You may be able to get going in 10 minutes rather than waiting 1-2 hours for Roadside assistance, useful if you are in a hurry. The emergency lights, triangles, etc & 1st aid stuff is self explanatory. You can have a great phone & plenty of $50s & get smashed by another car that failed to see you at night in a poorly lit area if you were unable to pull off the road to a safe area.

Just saying.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:21 AM
fastforddriver
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 737gdog
Tire plug kit, a bottle of scotch and a gun.
Excellent!
Old 02-18-2019, 03:47 AM
ScreaminBejesus
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

one .45 caliber automatic
two boxes of ammunition
four days concentrated emergency rations
one drug issue containing: antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills
one miniature combination Russian phrase book and bible
one hundred dollars in rubles
one hundred dollars in gold
nine packs of chewing gum
one issue of prophylactics
three lipsticks
three pair a nylon stockings
Old 02-18-2019, 03:50 AM
ScreaminBejesus
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If I’d read the comments before posting, I wouldn’t have felt so clever.
Old 02-18-2019, 08:43 AM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

Just the basic stuff and for everything else
  • Porsche Road Service info
  • Insurance Road Service info
  • AAA Road Service info

Old 02-18-2019, 05:14 PM
ryandarr1979
Three Wheelin'

Received 834 Likes on 417 Posts

I live in South Shore MA so don’t drive in the middle of nowhere but I always have jumper cables, a 100 piece Craftsmen tool kit, a couple bottles of water, 2 quarts of oil, a leatherman, microfiber towels, duct tape, Porsche fire extinguisher, and Porsche tire seal kit and compressor. I’m usually packing, so a .40 pistol and extra 10 rd magazine and edc knife too.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:46 AM
vincenz0
Racer

Received 145 Likes on 61 Posts

I used to keep an "earthquake kit" in each of our vehicles, figuring that here in California the odds of an earthquake striking while I'm at work (with my car) are about as high as striking while I'm at home sleeping (just based on % of time I spend in each of those locations.) So that had things like some water, first aid kit, non-perishable food, rubber gloves, blanket, N95 breathing masks, stuff like that. It all fit in a backpack so you could take it with you if you needed to head out on foot.

With the limited capacity in the Porsche I'm debating if I should keep that stuff...I have it plus my roadside toolkit, jumper cables, etc but I am going to look to pair it down or consolidate based on some of the tips in this thread.

Quick Reply: Do you keep an emergency kit in frunk?