Sponsored by:

Momentum Porsche Houston: Reputation?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 08:10 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I wouldn't go for that particular car ... ding on the CarFax will make it too difficult to sell. I have my own 2013 cab (platinum silver/Carrera red) for sale near Boston, it's clean no-stories CPO till March of next year, has half the mileage (15k) and is the same price. However, it's a PDK and not AWD.

I think there are a lot of cars out there without troubling histories and closer to home. I would never trust a dealer without seeing the car in person, particularly in certain states -- Texas and Florida in particular. Lots of cars closer to you where you can see and drive it first. You can usually tell right away if the car's had a hard life. Good luck with your search.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:55 PM
flgfish
Pro

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

I have no personal experience with Momentum, but they don't seem to have the best reputation amongst the folks in the local PCA chapter.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:17 PM
hpapad01
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

If the repair was performed by an authorized Porsche repair facility then it becomes part of the CPO certification. If they certify it and later there is an issue with the previous repair/accident then Porsche NA will not pay and the dealer will have to cover the cost. Therefore, if the repair was minor and done correctly then they should not have a problem CPOed it.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:23 PM
jkfuel
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interesting. I've been to the dealership and have spoken to them on many occasions but have not purchased from them yet. They seem forthcoming if somewhat stingy (won't negotiate much) on the cars I've looked at. I never got the sense that they were being deceitful though with any of the cars I was interested in.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:24 PM
saeyedoc
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

There are still things that could be present and not noticed or ignored when the car is certified. Mine had some damage from prior service that shorted out the brake light that comes on when the spoiler is up. Luckily my dealer (not who I bought it from) got it covered after some effort, but otherwise I'd be stuck trying to get the other dealer to repair it. That dealer was only an hour or so away, but for longer distances like in your case it could cause some issues.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:32 PM
jsaviano
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Or, since you already have a 911, you could go for a very nice Boxster. Not AWD, but something different.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:40 PM
BlueNorther
Pro

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by jsaviano
Or, since you already have a 911, you could go for a very nice Boxster. Not AWD, but something different.
Ha, yes, I've been thinking I might do that!

I've owned an 06 Cayman S (my first Porsche) and loved it. It was even decent in the snow with performance snow tires and good tread. Not AWD great, but decent, and gave top notch feedback through the hydraulic steering on the road surface. I could get a 987.1 Boxster S for close to 20 grand and not be out of much if it self destructs. Could go through 3 for the price of a 991.1 C4. Plus I've still get a set of winter wheels and tires from my prior Caymans. Would love to have another NA flat 6 right behind my ear, and experience the convertible in summer with the Boxster.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:35 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,365 Likes on 2,308 Posts

Here's one for you: https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1128838

Quick Reply: Momentum Porsche Houston: Reputation?