Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Momentum Porsche Houston: Reputation?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 08:35 PM
BlueNorther
Pro

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts
Default Momentum Porsche Houston: Reputation?

Background: I'm looking for a 2nd Porsche to add to my 991.2 GTS Coupe, something to drive in the snow (AWD) and also a cab (for summer top down experience). This C4 cab caught my eye, and since I didn't see it listed in Car Gurus as CPO, I asked the young sounding sales rep I got connected to this pm if was CPO. I was surprised to hear it was CPO. Which I need, because I'd have it delivered sight unseen (yes, a risk, but with CPO minimized). Sure enough it is listed as CPO on their website. So I tell the guy to send me some pics and documentation of work done including repair to "minor damage to rear". Instead I get a text informing me it isn't CPO after all, it would cost extra to make it so. And yet it is listed as CPO!!!:

So does anybody have any experience with this dealership? Could this really be an honest mistake, or is this an obvious bait and switch, run don't look back?

Thanks for any input RL'ers
Old 02-12-2019, 08:52 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

Deleted - Answered about the wrong dealership.

Last edited by StormRune; 02-12-2019 at 09:28 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:04 PM
BlueNorther
Pro

Thanks for the reply StormRune. So do you think they are in the process of making it CPO, and are listing it at a lower price until it becomes CPO? I would think it wouldn't be listed as CPO until the have done the inspection and found it will qualify. It has been listed for sale for 22 days per Cargurus (and dropped it's price by a couple of grand recently, which is why it caught my eye). Then again it could be an honest mistake and they will change the listing on their website...
Old 02-12-2019, 09:10 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Sorry, I really can't say, but if they were going to CPO would have done it during that time period so I'd have to imagine that is the non-CPO'ed price. You'd just have to ask what it would take to get it as a CPO.

The good news is they seem to think it is CPO'able based upon your first post, so it mustn't be in too bad of a shape. CPO does allow some damage and repaired damage, there are other threads here somewhere talking about that.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:27 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Hey BlueNorther, I just realized you asked about Momentum Porsche, not North Houston. I was referring to the wrong dealership and will strike my prior post talking about the dealership. I have no experience with this one. Sorry for the head-fake.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:37 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 360 Likes on 121 Posts

I have a very good relationship with them.

I can ask the GM and let you know.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:58 PM
BlueNorther
Pro

Originally Posted by alex_c
I have a very good relationship with them.

I can ask the GM and let you know.
That would be great. C4 cab MT’s are not common, I’d like to try and make a deal if I could trust them.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:28 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,364 Likes on 2,307 Posts

Nice looking car and since it is manual Cab with AWD at a pretty good price it would be a good deal if they CPO'd for $62k.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:30 PM
roadrat
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 42 Posts

Momentum is my local dealer. Hate them. Bought my macan there. But not my 911. Service department sucks. Bad service is not a complete reflection on sales, but is a good indicator.

However, with an independent PPI I would not be too concerned.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:42 AM
BlueNorther
Pro

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Nice looking car and since it is manual Cab with AWD at a pretty good price it would be a good deal if they CPO'd for $62k.
I figure the price reflects the "minor damage to rear" on the car fax.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:44 AM
BlueNorther
Pro

Originally Posted by roadrat
Momentum is my local dealer. Hate them. Bought my macan there. But not my 911. Service department sucks. Bad service is not a complete reflection on sales, but is a good indicator.

Thanks for the feedback.

I was hoping that with a 2 year CPO, I'd avoid the hassle of arranging a PPI from a distance.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:00 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 404 Likes on 289 Posts

Wow man that is a huge dice roll, non-clear carfax and still not gonna take the time to look at a 62K purchase ? I would for sure do an independent PPI. My guess is this is not gonna go well. Can you pay someone else to go look at the car ?
Old 02-13-2019, 04:38 PM
BlueNorther
Pro

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
Wow man that is a huge dice roll, non-clear carfax and still not gonna take the time to look at a 62K purchase ? I would for sure do an independent PPI. My guess is this is not gonna go well. Can you pay someone else to go look at the car ?
I was figuring CPO from reputable dealer good for 2 years would be good enough to catch the major issues.

But in any case I just rechecked the dealer website, and they have moved the listing so it no longer appears under the CPO cars. So back to the search, hopefully something closer to home will turn up.

Thanks all!
Old 02-13-2019, 05:43 PM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts

All dealers make mistakes. Check out this $13 million dollar 991!

Old 02-13-2019, 07:32 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,316 Likes on 723 Posts

Originally Posted by roadrat

This is sadly accurate. CPO is worthless without inspection as prior crashes and aftermarket crap won't negate certification.

Quick Reply: Momentum Porsche Houston: Reputation?