Sponsored by:

Exhaust options 991.2

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 02:14 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,256 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by spdracerut
Yeah, I feel ya. I almost didn't get passed on smog due to having an oil catch can that was a fully closed system (not vented). I wonder how close the Sharkwerks 991 Turbo exhaust would be to fitting. I'm a big fan of Sharkwerks design philosophy which is basically simple and effective.

https://www.sharkwerks.com/exhaust/p...urbo-s-SHAX422
I think their exhaust philosophy is refreshing and protective of themselves, their customers, and partner shops: no catalyst delete, and muffler replacements (which are still legal in CA, to my knowledge, despite a recent law that gives more discretion to an officer...one I suspect SEMA will go after).

All I know is I am interested if they do a 991.2 non-PSE muffler replacement, as their 997 GT3 system was aural art—you could drive it quiet if you wanted to around town, but it went GT3 Cup in the canyons. The latter, of course, cuts two ways, but the turbos might reduce the "downside."
Old 03-06-2019, 03:06 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 572 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
I think their exhaust philosophy is refreshing and protective of themselves, their customers, and partner shops: no catalyst delete, and muffler replacements (which are still legal in CA, to my knowledge, despite a recent law that gives more discretion to an officer...one I suspect SEMA will go after).

All I know is I am interested if they do a 991.2 non-PSE muffler replacement, as their 997 GT3 system was aural art—you could drive it quiet if you wanted to around town, but it went GT3 Cup in the canyons. The latter, of course, cuts two ways, but the turbos might reduce the "downside."
I'm beginning to wish I hadn't ordered PSE.

God bless,
TT
Old 03-06-2019, 03:48 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,256 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
I'm beginning to wish I hadn't ordered PSE.

God bless,
TT
You're actually in better shape, as it sounds like they already have something for you.

(Disclaimer: I've come to like those crazy cats over at Sharkwerks quite a bit—but they've earned my admiration the hard way with 3.9 and now 4.1 liters. I am curious to try their 991.2 PSE setup, and will bug Alex to see what's possible.)
Old 03-06-2019, 03:51 PM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 135 Likes on 106 Posts

Pretty sure I'm going with Fabspeed X pipe. If ice ever melts up here I'm going t o drive it for a couple of weeks and see what I think....pretty sure its too quiet.
Thanks for all your help everyone.
Old 03-06-2019, 03:53 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by stout
You're actually in better shape, as it sounds like they already have something for you.

(Disclaimer: I've come to like those crazy cats over at Sharkwerks quite a bit—but they've earned my admiration the hard way with 3.9 and now 4.1 liters. I am curious to try their 991.2 PSE setup, and will bug Alex to see what's possible.)
I'm thinking I could've saved the money I spent on PSE and gone to the Sharks, instead. Also, after having seen pictures of your Brewster Green car--in my view one of the most beautiful 911s ever--I'm beginning to agree that the base 991.2 looks best without PSE. Please keep us posted on what you find out from bugging the Sharks...something wrong with that phrasing, I think. ;-)

God bless,
TT
Old 03-07-2019, 03:08 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,175 Likes on 431 Posts

Having pondered the options from Litchfield (I’m going there on Monday to get their handling package work done on my Carrera T) I’m now re-assessing the need for more power (partly influenced by Pete’s thread regarding when 370hp is enough). My thinking is turning towards a more modest package aimed solely at giving the car a thoatier, slightly more menacing sound, without needing any uplift in power or torque. I like the sound of Sharkwerks (see what I did there).

Any thoughts? Am based in the U.K.

Cheers!
Old 03-07-2019, 03:23 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 425 Posts

I would say just get an exhaust + sport cats if the regulations permit in the uk. If youre gonna remap the ecu at all, get the full litchfield package with the extra ponies!!!
Old 03-07-2019, 03:26 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
Having pondered the options from Litchfield (I’m going there on Monday to get their handling package work done on my Carrera T) I’m now re-assessing the need for more power (partly influenced by Pete’s thread regarding when 370hp is enough). My thinking is turning towards a more modest package aimed solely at giving the car a thoatier, slightly more menacing sound, without needing any uplift in power or torque. I like the sound of Sharkwerks (see what I did there).

Any thoughts? Am based in the U.K.

Cheers!
I think your thinking makes good sense. My personal opinion is the car is already plenty fast enough. I have PSE but since I started reading this thread I've been driving with it "off" and may actually like that best as you can hear the wonderful mechanical sounds of the drivetrain so much better.

God bless,
TT
Old 03-07-2019, 03:38 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

^^^ Thanks, guys! I’ll research Sharkwerks and ask the opinion of the guys at Litchfield next week.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:43 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
^^^ Thanks, guys! I’ll research Sharkwerks and ask the opinion of the guys at Litchfield next week.
Never thought I'd say this about a yellow car, Wing Commander, but your car looks terrific, including with the 19" wheels.

God bless,
TT
Old 03-07-2019, 03:49 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
Never thought I'd say this about a yellow car, Wing Commander, but your car looks terrific, including with the 19" wheels.

God bless,
TT
Thanks, Tom! The 20” Carrera S wheels in Titanium Grey go back on next week!
Old 03-09-2019, 11:14 PM
BA73
Racer

Received 237 Likes on 100 Posts

I've considered starting my own thread, but I feel it fits here. 2019 Carrera T. 7-speed, PSE.

Soul Sport Cats or Sharkwerks Sport Exhaust Upgrade?
https://soulpp.com/product/porsche-9...ic-converters/
https://www.sharkwerks.com/exhaust/p...-s-gts-SHAX506

I know the real power bump will come from the tune down the road, in the meantime, looking for (in order) SOUND and a small power bump.

Soul & Sharkwerks...Ya'll have been great in answering my questions...but youtube clips only do so much, and only one of you has a dyno, so I am asking the masses for their opions. Thanks everyone!

OP: If you want me to post my own thread, just tell me to kick rocks
Old 03-09-2019, 11:24 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,364 Likes on 2,307 Posts

Another option is to go with the Soul cats and headers, which will result in better sound and more power.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:31 PM
BA73
Racer

Received 237 Likes on 100 Posts

Bob, you're the man. which headers do you reccomend
Old 03-09-2019, 11:32 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by BA73
I've considered starting my own thread, but I feel it fits here. 2019 Carrera T. 7-speed, PSE.

Soul Sport Cats or Sharkwerks Sport Exhaust Upgrade?
https://soulpp.com/product/porsche-9...ic-converters/
https://www.sharkwerks.com/exhaust/p...-s-gts-SHAX506

I know the real power bump will come from the tune down the road, in the meantime, looking for (in order) SOUND and a small power bump.

Soul & Sharkwerks...Ya'll have been great in answering my questions...but youtube clips only do so much, and only one of you has a dyno, so I am asking the masses for their opions. Thanks everyone!

OP: If you want me to post my own thread, just tell me to kick rocks
Get the cats and leave the PSE alone.. Soul is the best bang for buck between the two. Power will be clearly noticeable as will sound.. You won't notice a power difference with the Sharkwerks exhaust.. It's also $2000 for 2 90 degree pipes.

Quick Reply: Exhaust options 991.2