Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long time reader, first post...

Old 02-12-2019, 03:51 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 139 Posts

+1 on the price being reasonably fair for a dealer. I'd prefer 65 but the CPO is worth it - hell you're looking at $3500 in free door panels within a year or 2 anyway ;-) Throw in a couple change over valves, you almost got your $ back. Negociate what you can and enjoy, base cars are fun...
Old 02-12-2019, 03:52 PM
Casotakar
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Benedict14

Hey man. Welcome.

I owned a 2014 C2. Almlost the exact same spec apart from color. Price - $65 - $67K would seem right to me. Miles are on the highish side for a 911 (totally normal for any other car). Someone mentioned the wheel color; if they weren’t delivered that way then I’d want to know how they turned black. The seats and some other parts are leather. The rest is pleather. I didn’t care at the time, and you don’t sound like you do either.

The Bose needs the surround sound turned off, and the base and treble adjusted. The source is important. Satellite sounds bad but Spotify at its highest setting sounds ok. Plug your phone in using USB. Bluetooth messes with the sound as well.

The car is missing a sport exhaust. That engine sounds epic with it installed and the dealer can do it for you. After I had it added it transformed the car. Negotiate on price for the install, and don’t be afraid to make dealerships compete. They will. I had the OEM exhaust put on, but there are other options.

Cheers

thanks for the reply. 26k miles over 3 years is high? I would have thought for a 911, although obviously daily driven, this is still considered young. I didn't have a lot of time to try the radio or the speaker tone adjustments because I was so concerned with the engine noise, tire noise, etc...I'm not what you'd call an audiophile and have had bose or harmon and kardon in most of my vehicles, should suffice for me. I do agree it's a bit over whelming at higher volumes in this car in a bad way. and yes, the leatherette and real leather pieces won't be a deal breaker for me. if it has them it's a bonus, but if not I wouldn't fly across country and drive the same spec car back just because it had more leather.

what is a reasonable cost for something like pse installed at dealer? sounds pricey. will check on the wheel color. glad some of you are mentioning it, was one of the first questions I asked dealer.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:03 PM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 603 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by drive95
Now that the Wikilender site no longer will generate Porsche window sticker, and instead redirects you to Cars.com, how do you pull up these stickers? I can't seem to find a site that will do it now

Thanks
Here:
https://vinanalytics.com/
Old 02-12-2019, 04:07 PM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Casotakar
thanks for the reply. 26k miles over 3 years is high? I would have thought for a 911, although obviously daily driven, this is still considered young. I didn't have a lot of time to try the radio or the speaker tone adjustments because I was so concerned with the engine noise, tire noise, etc...I'm not what you'd call an audiophile and have had bose or harmon and kardon in most of my vehicles, should suffice for me. I do agree it's a bit over whelming at higher volumes in this car in a bad way. and yes, the leatherette and real leather pieces won't be a deal breaker for me. if it has them it's a bonus, but if not I wouldn't fly across country and drive the same spec car back just because it had more leather.

what is a reasonable cost for something like pse installed at dealer? sounds pricey. will check on the wheel color. glad some of you are mentioning it, was one of the first questions I asked dealer.
Lol. I know it sounds ridiculous, but 26K is ‘high’ for a 2015 911. The GTS I bought was nearly 2 years old and had 3000 miles on it. I daily drive it now, but I don’t daily commute to work (weird job). Whoever owned the car you’re looking at drove it everyday like a normal human being. Many people own a 911 as a weekend toy and only drive in the summer. This is kind of nice if you’re the second owner, and the first owner barely broke the car in. Short story long - these are reliable cars and you’ll have a warranty. Don’t sweat the miles, but do use them to negotiate if you can.

Cant remember the PSE price accurately. I bought the majority of the exhaust from a performance shop they was adding an Akra to some guys GTS. The other parts I bought from Sunset. Then I negotiated the Labour rate with a dealer. $3-4K ? if you just ask them to do it. Someone on here will give you a better answer.

Totally agree on the leather and the stereo.

Enjoy !

Old 02-13-2019, 12:30 AM
Casotakar
AutoX

Lol. I know it sounds ridiculous, but 26K is ‘high’ for a 2015 911. The GTS I bought was nearly 2 years old and had 3000 miles on it. I daily drive it now, but I don’t daily commute to work (weird job). Whoever owned the car you’re looking at drove it everyday like a normal human being. Many people own a 911 as a weekend toy and only drive in the summer. This is kind of nice if you’re the second owner, and the first owner barely broke the car in. Short story long - these are reliable cars and you’ll have a warranty. Don’t sweat the miles, but do use them to negotiate if you can.

Cant remember the PSE price accurately. I bought the majority of the exhaust from a performance shop they was adding an Akra to some guys GTS. The other parts I bought from Sunset. Then I negotiated the Labour rate with a dealer. $3-4K ? if you just ask them to do it. Someone on here will give you a better answer.

Totally agree on the leather and the stereo.

Enjoy !

so knowing what I want to get from a 911, the driving experience, what other 'from factory' options should I be most concerned with? should I worry about S model with rear steer and torque vectoring? pasm? sport chrono for sure? anything else? I will definitely look for pse, I want that 911 noise. I was looking at bmw m2c for a comparison car and at this point, I'm honestly in belief that a second hand 991 is more worth my time and money than an m2c. this is something I want to get behind the wheel and drive the heck out of. I'm only home 2, maybe 3 days a week, and I want to make sure those times are filled of great driving and fun, on the road experiences with a great car as I like to "day-cation" so anything to make each mile more enjoyable, I want to know from current porsche users what those options are. thanks again.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:32 AM
Casotakar
AutoX

Originally Posted by Greg D.
+1 on the price being reasonably fair for a dealer. I'd prefer 65 but the CPO is worth it - hell you're looking at $3500 in free door panels within a year or 2 anyway ;-) Throw in a couple change over valves, you almost got your $ back. Negociate what you can and enjoy, base cars are fun...
this is what I keep reading and seeing from other porsche owners....base models are sometimes the most fun if you're JUST getting into a porsche. before I go too deep into a full blown gts or more, I feel like the first one should be a humble base model or at most an S. thanks for the reply.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:59 AM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

so knowing what I want to get from a 911, the driving experience, what other 'from factory' options should I be most concerned with? should I worry about S model with rear steer and torque vectoring? pasm? sport chrono for sure? anything else? I will definitely look for pse, I want that 911 noise. I was looking at bmw m2c for a comparison car and at this point, I'm honestly in belief that a second hand 991 is more worth my time and money than an m2c. this is something I want to get behind the wheel and drive the heck out of. I'm only home 2, maybe 3 days a week, and I want to make sure those times are filled of great driving and fun, on the road experiences with a great car as I like to "day-cation" so anything to make each mile more enjoyable, I want to know from current porsche users what those options are. thanks again.

You’re over thinking this.

A BMW is not a 911. Nor is at a Porsche. Like many people here, I owned BMW - None of them are sports cars. Find a Cayman (981) and drive it. Then ask yourself if any BMW is a sports car. Same with the 911. Some of the options that you’ve named weren’t on the table until the 991.2 (RWS etc.).

To answer your question - The car you’re looking at has everything you need equipment-wise. Minus the sport exhaust (in my opinion). Keep looking if you don’t like this one.

When I bought the C2 - I drove it away in the dark, in a rainstorm, into a traffic jam. Cackling like a little kid
Old 02-13-2019, 01:08 AM
Casotakar
AutoX

You’re over thinking this.

A BMW is not a 911. Nor is at a Porsche. Like many people here, I owned BMW - None of them are sports cars. Find a Cayman (981) and drive it. Then ask yourself if any BMW is a sports car. Same with the 911. Some of the options that you’ve named weren’t on the table until the 991.2 (RWS etc.).

When I bought the C2 - I drove it away in the dark, in a rainstorm, into a traffic jam. Cackling like a little kid
ha, fair enough...the old saying is ignorance is bliss. sometimes I do hate forums and easily accessible informational blogs and videos that infiltrate what I really want from this 911. I should probably take myself away from these platforms until I actually buy a car, own it for a while, then come back and access what I've done.

you're completely right benedict, I'm over thinking this. plain and simple. thanks for that.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:12 AM
_RS_
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

Casotakar, most of your queries have been taken care of, but I'll add that PDK is sublime. After 40 yrs of manual, i'm addicted to PDK (and that does not include any other dual clutch transmission I've owned or driven). I do drive exclusively in manual mode and it's all I want.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:39 AM
dkhm3
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 49 Posts

ha, fair enough...the old saying is ignorance is bliss. sometimes I do hate forums and easily accessible informational blogs and videos that infiltrate what I really want from this 911. I should probably take myself away from these platforms until I actually buy a car, own it for a while, then come back and access what I've done.

you're completely right benedict, I'm over thinking this. plain and simple. thanks for that.
I have never driven a 991.1 (just purchased a new 991.2 S), but I would think that you should keep things as simple as can be- figure out what options you would like and find cars to test drive them. I imagine there are few cpo examples out there that will fit all your wishes, so any car you pick out will be a compromised choice. You'll need to accept this and try to keep things as simple as can be or the option is to wait months and months to find the "perfect" car. Even then, it may have too many miles, not the right color, or been in an accident, etc.

I would also agree with Benedict, there's no way a bmw M car drives close to a 911, it's just designed from the ground up to be a sports car. I am truly smitten with it and just in awe of the joy of driving this car.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:06 AM
Contadino
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 911.1 S Cab. I know it is a little bit different but it has pdk and I am really happy with it. My previous 3 Porsches were manuals and I really debated about the pdk but I'm happy I went with it. My car doesn't have PSE which I thought I wanted but now that I have had it for a while I don't think I'll add it. The standard exhaust sounds great in sport mode. So I would suggest driving the car for a while and then ask yourself if you need the PSE.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:08 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 239 Posts

Looking at a 2015 base carrera with PDK that I know is above asking price, but not by HOW much...I've looked at everything from 996 turbo, 997.2 c2s and c4s...but the only vehicle I could convince my wife to even give a chance at was the 991. We ended up test driving a 2015 base carrera with pdk (cannot convince her to buy a manual so that is out of question) and we both loved it. you can find the car online at autotrader at tyson's corner porsche. 2015 with 26k miles, asking $71. love the color and wheel combo. I'm looking at price range of it being more close to the lower 60's. not to mention, my parents just bought a brand new 2019 Cayenne 5 days ago from them...link below to the add.

2015 Agate Grey 991

any suggestions on actual suggested price without being a low baller, I want to have a good dealer close to buy from every so often. little bit of background, only owned bmw in my past (328, m3, 335, currently daily an x3 m40i). with my first porsche I wanted a base model n/a with 6 speed any 996/997.2/991 but I also want to take into consideration of the wife. 991 body and slightly newer interior with pdk had us in a nice compromise. looking for good car in traffic around the northern va/dc and a car to drive a bit of distance in comfortably. this car seems to fit all our needs, just need a little pricing advice.

thanks rennlist community...
From what I have seen recently, that price is closer to a CPO 2016 C2 nicely optioned with SC.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Long time reader, first post...