Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm thinking of bringing her out before spring.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 09:30 PM
NightBlueTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Guards_Red_991
This is my stance too. Yes, I have a heated garage queen as I don't need to use it as a DD. I love to drive my Porsche but I also love to keep it as new as I can. I don't do it for the next owner, I do it for me.
I doubt many of us that DD, “need” to use it as such. Rather, I see it as I “get” to daily drive it. I have other cars I could DD, I just can’t bring myself to do it when I have the TTS begging to be driven

I can relate to wanting to keep it as new as possible, but find myself in direct conflict with the desire to drive it (nearly) regardless of the weather. As such, I’ve found myself washing the car in 8 degree weather (-10 windchill) where the spray kept freezing as the wind would gust. Fortunately I have a hot water supply for my winter washing needs and complete the final (spotfree) rinse inside my heated garage. It’s a job that’s much easier due to the ceramic coating on the car.

And while I kinda love the statement that a dirty/salty TTS makes, I love how shiny she is when she’s freshly washed!

Out for a <coffee> run this morning
Old 02-10-2019, 10:05 PM
phefner
Rennlist Member

Received 699 Likes on 416 Posts

Well said.

Quick Reply: I'm thinking of bringing her out before spring.