Notices
991
Sponsored by:

The PCCB Debate Ended Once and for All

 
Old 02-01-2019, 03:18 PM
  #46  
ipse dixit
Super User
 
ipse dixit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,399
Default

Spec’d as a factory OEM option, they are the biggest bargain Porsche has on offer currently. Considering replacement OEM ceramic rotors are close to 3x the price

ipse dixit is online now  
Old 02-01-2019, 03:25 PM
  #47  
Archimedes
Super User
 
Archimedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 8,516
Default

Originally Posted by mreloc View Post
I'll go out on a limb and say that the ArmorAll Outlast I buy for $9 a can is just as effective as having PCCB, or if not, it's a world of difference from before I started using it. I can easily go a month without washing my rims. https://www.amazon.com/Armor-All-Out...86585199&psc=1
Love Outlast, swear by it, but it's not the same as PCCB clean. I had both at the same time and, while it works great, PCCB is cleaner. But the cleanliness is just a bonus, the brake feel at speed and ability to modulate so precisely is why you go PCCB. I'd never spec a new Porsche without it.
Archimedes is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 03:26 PM
  #48  
Archimedes
Super User
 
Archimedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 8,516
Default

Originally Posted by ipse dixit View Post
Spec’d as a factory OEM option, they are the biggest bargain Porsche has on offer currently. Considering replacement OEM ceramic rotors are close to 3x the price
Agreed. I don't have them on my Spyder and I've seriously considered dropping $20k to get take offs out of Germany and do the conversion.
Archimedes is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 04:01 PM
  #49  
Buteo
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Buteo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,588
Default

Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
Agreed. I don't have them on my Spyder and I've seriously considered dropping $20k to get take offs out of Germany and do the conversion.
Why not grab sst ceramics?
Buteo is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 08:56 PM
  #50  
abiazis
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
abiazis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Berkeley Lake, Georgia
Posts: 2,000
Default

Once you go PCCBs you can never go back........stop too well with great feel and wheels stay clean.....
abiazis is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 09:07 PM
  #51  
fastforddriver
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
fastforddriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 104
Default

lol, $9,000 buys a lot of tire and wheel cleanin'
fastforddriver is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 09:38 PM
  #52  
Bob Z.
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Bob Z.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Marineland FL
Posts: 2,900
Default

Originally Posted by fastforddriver View Post
lol, $9,000 buys a lot of tire and wheel cleanin'
Worth every penny to me...I just had PCCBs installed today. They look fantastic, feel outstanding and my back will feel much better from now on since I do not have to clean my Black wheels.

Last edited by Bob Z.; 05-14-2019 at 09:53 PM.
Bob Z. is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 10:09 PM
  #53  
hbear
User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 262
Default

Too bad about the yellow calipers, wish they came in another colour. Yellow (in my mind) just doesn’t go well with sapphire blue.
hbear is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 10:24 PM
  #54  
RobC4sX51
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
RobC4sX51's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Louisville KY
Posts: 1,262
Smile

Originally Posted by bkrantz View Post
For $9000 you could pay to have some dusting done. Just saying.


That is sweeeeeeet ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
RobC4sX51 is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 10:39 PM
  #55  
Bob Z.
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Bob Z.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Marineland FL
Posts: 2,900
Default

Originally Posted by hbear View Post
Too bad about the yellow calipers, wish they came in another colour. Yellow (in my mind) just doesn’t go well with sapphire blue.
Personally I think yellow goes better with blue than red but I have seen many cars with calipers that matched since they had them painted or powder-coated.
Bob Z. is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 11:11 PM
  #56  
Papa Fittig
User
 
Papa Fittig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,012
Default

Love my PCCBs with my shade of Blue
Papa Fittig is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 12:02 AM
  #57  
Grantsfo
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Grantsfo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Bonny Doon
Posts: 284
Default


Grantsfo is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 04:44 AM
  #58  
hbear
User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 262
Default

Originally Posted by Bob Z. View Post
Personally I think yellow goes better with blue than red but I have seen many cars with calipers that matched since they had them painted or powder-coated.
Red just ties into the other red highlights on the car (tails, reflectors). Nothing wrong with those that like the yellow, just not my personal taste. One can always add yellow interior highlights to tie it in however.

Now red interior with Sapphire blue.....well that’s a different story.

However in the end beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder.
hbear is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 08:26 AM
  #59  
white6speed
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
white6speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 946
Default

In my PHO both red and yellow look great. We all think highly of PAG and for as long as I can remember steel was red, PCCB was yellow and many other car mfg's made their ceramic calipers yellow. My choice (not for extended track) is always PCCB for appearance and DUST. Dealers say you will get back 50% on trade so real cost could be $5k.
white6speed is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 08:31 AM
  #60  
Hurricane
Super User
 
Hurricane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 3,466
Default

Originally Posted by hbear View Post
Red just ties into the other red highlights on the car (tails, reflectors). Nothing wrong with those that like the yellow, just not my personal taste. One can always add yellow interior highlights to tie it in however.

Now red interior with Sapphire blue.....well that’s a different story.

However in the end beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder.
Happy with my yellow caliper PCCBs but interesting that on the 992 you can also spec them in black...
Hurricane is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: