Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had my one year service done today

Old 01-29-2019, 08:58 PM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Had my one year service done today

Had my '18 GTS in for its yearly service today, which just happened to be the exact one year anniversary of my taking delivery. Everything was perfect as expected, but 2018 was a tough year. That rear-ending I got less than 3 weeks into ownership sure took the shine off my brand new red rocket, and it just cascaded from there. It took 3 months to get it into the PCCC, which really limited how much I drove the car. I drove it around town, but was reluctant to take it on any trips due to not knowing what may be hidden damage underneath. Then when I got it in the PCCC, it took 6 weeks to get it fixed. Not because it was seriously damaged, but almost all that time was waiting for parts from the fatherland. I'll just say the parts supply chain in the US is not adequate. The repairs were not difficult at all, but it was a complete exhaust system from the turbos back, a new impact bar, heat shields, and bumper cover. Never came close to even scratching the frame, so that's a good thing.

I got the car back the same week I put it on a CTEK, and left for my Summer residence in NH, and didn't return until late September. That's given me about 4 months to really enjoy the car, and enjoy it I have.

It's a great car, and everything I hoped for including being faster than my last Vette (C6). I guess the bottom line is despite all my travails, everything is well that ends well.

1. The car has been put back into OEM new condition.
2. The car has not thrown any codes at all since the day I took delivery (incl. the accident), which has left the warranty fully intact.
3. The accident despite cost was relatively minor.
4. I negotiated and received a check for a pretty decent diminished value claim.

Here's hoping for a smoother 2019.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:06 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,364 Likes on 2,307 Posts

Good news overall. When you see me flying past you on Rt. 40 flash your lights and I'll wave in my rearview at you!
Old 01-30-2019, 09:09 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Wow, I cannot believe it has already been a year since you took delivery! I remember when you ordered it. Sorry again to hear about the accident but glad that you are enjoying it.

Is there anything different about the 1 year service from the 991.1?
Old 01-30-2019, 09:24 AM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

Is the accident on the national databases or kept off?
Old 01-30-2019, 01:21 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 429 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurricane
Is there anything different about the 1 year service from the 991.1?
Basically an oil/filter change and various "inspections". The one significant difference - no charge on the first one year service!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Had my one year service done today