Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to me 991.1 in Bay Area (Now with pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 11:28 PM
SF997S
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Awesome car. Enjoy.
Old 01-31-2019, 11:43 PM
manuelfangioG
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you local SF Bay guys running front plates? My car came from a state that didn't require them, so there are plugs in the bumper that I took out. I ordered a front plate bracket from Suncoast, but either the bolts they included are too short, or the holes that were made for the plugs are too big. Gotta figure something out.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:08 AM
sc532j
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

YYMV of course but I had a GTI in 2003 without a plate, got a fix it ticket after 3 months in the City while parked. Wife has been driving an A4 without a front plate in and around Oakland for 7 years now without any ticket, similarly my ex-M3 for the last 2 years without issue including daily parking in Rockridge BART. The guy that bought it wanted the front plate since he said he would repeatedly get tickets parked in the BART carpark in Union City. So it looks like it depends on the local beat. I took the front plate off the 911, figure I will put it back on if I get a ticket.
Old 02-01-2019, 02:34 AM
ragabnh
Advanced

Congrats, I have the same 991.1 Agate Grey, fantastic color and you will love the car.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:04 AM
Mountain_Smith
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by manuelfangioG
Are you local SF Bay guys running front plates? My car came from a state that didn't require them, so there are plugs in the bumper that I took out. I ordered a front plate bracket from Suncoast, but either the bolts they included are too short, or the holes that were made for the plugs are too big. Gotta figure something out.
I finally broke down and put a front plate on my 911. I bought a Rho Plate so I could get a fix-it ticket signed off, and have left it on ever since. Between my two cars without front plates I was getting a fix-it ticket every few months and I was getting sick of dealing with it.

Not sure what your issue might be as I've never seen the Porsche mount. If I had holes in my bumper already, I guess I'd be inclined to just run the Porsche bracket myself.

BTW, beautiful car. I'm running around the Bay Area in an Agate Grey (with an Agate Grey interior) C2S Cab myself.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:37 AM
achtung6
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Beautiful car! I love those Carrera Classics!
Old 02-01-2019, 09:15 AM
Carrera-T
Rennlist Member

Received 513 Likes on 225 Posts

Congrats and very sharp! How’s about some pics of the interior.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:29 AM
manuelfangioG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mountain_Smith
I finally broke down and put a front plate on my 911. I bought a Rho Plate so I could get a fix-it ticket signed off, and have left it on ever since. Between my two cars without front plates I was getting a fix-it ticket every few months and I was getting sick of dealing with it.

Not sure what your issue might be as I've never seen the Porsche mount. If I had holes in my bumper already, I guess I'd be inclined to just run the Porsche bracket myself.

BTW, beautiful car. I'm running around the Bay Area in an Agate Grey (with an Agate Grey interior) C2S Cab myself.
Thanks. With the new CA Exhaust law, and PSE, I don't want to tempt fate so I will likely mount the plate. Hoping it just needs longer screws to catch. If not, may just have the local dealer do it.

Originally Posted by achtung6
Beautiful car! I love those Carrera Classics!
Thanks! Yeah, they're growing on me.

Originally Posted by Carrera-T
Congrats and very sharp! How’s about some pics of the interior.
Hopefully today or this weekend if weather permits.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:40 AM
mkpierro
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Very nice.

I just got a 2017 base in the same color and wheels and also my first 911. Enjoy!
Old 02-01-2019, 10:32 AM
manuelfangioG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mkpierro
I just got a 2017 base in the same color and wheels and also my first 911. Enjoy!
Congrats! How do you like it so far?
Old 02-01-2019, 10:51 AM
mkpierro
Advanced

Default Love it

I like it a lot. With the cold and snow here in northern NJ I have not used it as much as I would have liked.

Now trying to figure out what performance upgrades to do that will not mess with my warranty.
Old 02-01-2019, 11:05 AM
ThePhanatic
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by manuelfangioG

Thanks! I'm a pretty recent East Coast transplant, so haven't yet taken on the local teams yet.

I've been here about 6 years. Prior I was born and raised in Philly. Took to the A's almost immediately. Fun organization, cheap games, amazing new ballpark coming.Have done some meets at a game with people before and that's always a good time.
Old 02-01-2019, 11:29 AM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 330 Likes on 195 Posts

I like it a lot. With the cold and snow here in northern NJ I have not used it as much as I would have liked.

Now trying to figure out what performance upgrades to do that will not mess with my warranty.
Quick question for you. Where did the folks at Paul miller mount your temporary license? I can't see one in the rear window, but could be hidden in shadows.
Old 02-01-2019, 11:32 AM
mkpierro
Advanced

Default Licencne Plate

This picture was taken while I was filling out paperwork. NJ uses a paper temporarily licensplate. So they installed it in the plate holder on the back.
Old 02-01-2019, 11:47 AM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 330 Likes on 195 Posts

This picture was taken while I was filling out paperwork. NJ uses a paper temporarily licensplate. So they installed it in the plate holder on the back.
Ah, okay. Thanks.

Hm... Does the plate holder have a waterproof pouch? How does the paper stay dry?

I have a car coming from the same dealership soon, (or at least I hope it's soon, it's at Davisville, but found out today that it has a quality action hold). Anyway, I am planning to use the mounting approach from this thread to mount it. Have given instructions to the dealership to not drill holes. So I figured I'd need to put the temp license inside the rear window. But I suppose I can bring the aftermarket mounts to the dealership and attach them there. Then I can use the dealership's holder with the temp license until the real license arrives.

Quick Reply: New to me 991.1 in Bay Area (Now with pics)