Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 991.1 owner. Pictures inside!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 02:26 AM
PatrickBateman
Racer

Received 143 Likes on 79 Posts
Default New 991.1 owner. Pictures inside!

Hello all,

I'm pleased to be back on Rennlist after a brief absence of P car ownership. I sold my Panamera 4 to a RL'er last year (I had purchased the Panamera because my 997 C2 did not suit my needs as an only car but I really wanted a Porsche) because I wanted to get into another 911 but got busy with life before I could buy another. I have spent the past few months lightly looking for a 991, but couldn't really find one with the options/spec I wanted. During my routine search on all the usual car for sale websites, I happened upon a listing for a car in Miami and had a feeling I found the one.

Fast forward to (last) Sunday, I took delivery of a 2014 991 C2 base. List of $107,xxx with the notable options being PSE, Sport design steering wheel, and sport plus seats. I really like the wheel and PSE.

Initial impressions: car is near flawless. I can't find a scratch on the paint, and the interior looks new but for a small crease on the driver side bolster. Car has plenty of power for me. I have driven a lot of different cars, from torquey AMG's, to the 'baby' Lamborghini's and Ferrari's and I don't feel like this base model 991.1 is lacking anything I need in a fun car. I'm sure S power would be amazing, but I do not feel like I'm missing out one bit.

Car is sitting at 21,xxx miles and I'm considering purchasing a 3 year/40K mile warranty for $4290 from my local Porsche dealer as the factory warranty just expired. Will look into cheaper options if am pointed in the right direction.

Before any modifications. No tint, no clear tails,OEM turbo wheels in silver.

After powder coating wheels gloss black, and in process of being tinted.

After- installed clear tails myself with the help of a buddy (SUPER EASY), had windows tinted 20% all around, and wheels are done in gloss black powder coat. Pretty happy with the result, though something seems off- I'm thinking it may be the ride height. Being that this car doesn't have PASM, I think it sits a bit high from factory. Open to thoughts on this.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:35 AM
jimwood
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrats! Looks great. I doubt you'll have warranty issues, but piece of mind is worth something. I have an agate grey (similar dark look), and the silver lettering looks off to me; so, I took it off. I'll probably just add a 993 sized "911" and call it day. Have not decided if I want to replace the PORSCHE with matte black.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:37 AM
PatrickBateman
Racer

Received 143 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by jimwood
Congrats! Looks good. I doubt you'll have warranty issues, but piece of mind is worth something.
Thank you, Jim. I, too, doubt that I'll have any significant issues but I think the price is low enough that it makes sense. Essentially caps my OOW cost of ownership at just over $1300/year.
Old 01-18-2019, 03:30 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 441 Likes on 284 Posts

Excellent, congrats!
Old 01-18-2019, 06:48 AM
Jay-S
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 49 Posts

Not sure about the ride height (my driveway dictates I keep my cars stock), but I did install the Porsche 5mm spacers on my 2013 and I thought that really improved the look. You can always go with bigger spacers but I like the subtle change.
Old 01-18-2019, 06:49 AM
adcampo
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats looks nice. It looks really good to me, but sitting a little lower would look even better. Welcome back.
Old 01-18-2019, 07:03 AM
rporzio
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Well done, looks great. I want to see the steering wheel...!
Old 01-18-2019, 07:44 AM
gc88
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrats! I like the changes you have made so far.
Old 01-18-2019, 08:51 AM
IMPorsche
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Beautiful car, like the clear tail light with black out wheels n tint. What state are you in? is 20% tint all around legal?
Old 01-18-2019, 09:05 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 404 Likes on 289 Posts
Default search fidelity here

You may have some cheaper warranty options.
Old 01-18-2019, 10:23 AM
Duke I
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats and welcome back. You're gonna enjoy that car!
Old 01-18-2019, 10:32 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,212 Likes on 1,114 Posts

Nice. I've written here before about my 2.7L Cayman - the smaller displacement means you can wind it up further to make it sing! It's a beauty, congrats, and good luck!
Old 01-19-2019, 10:08 AM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 259 Likes on 170 Posts

Welcome aboard, great car with a free breathing engine!!
Old 01-19-2019, 10:46 AM
Cman21
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PatrickBateman
Hello all,

I'm pleased to be back on Rennlist after a brief absence of P car ownership. I sold my Panamera 4 to a RL'er last year (I had purchased the Panamera because my 997 C2 did not suit my needs as an only car but I really wanted a Porsche) because I wanted to get into another 911 but got busy with life before I could buy another. I have spent the past few months lightly looking for a 991, but couldn't really find one with the options/spec I wanted. During my routine search on all the usual car for sale websites, I happened upon a listing for a car in Miami and had a feeling I found the one.

Fast forward to (last) Sunday, I took delivery of a 2014 991 C2 base. List of $107,xxx with the notable options being PSE, Sport design steering wheel, and sport plus seats. I really like the wheel and PSE.

Initial impressions: car is near flawless. I can't find a scratch on the paint, and the interior looks new but for a small crease on the driver side bolster. Car has plenty of power for me. I have driven a lot of different cars, from torquey AMG's, to the 'baby' Lamborghini's and Ferrari's and I don't feel like this base model 991.1 is lacking anything I need in a fun car. I'm sure S power would be amazing, but I do not feel like I'm missing out one bit.

Car is sitting at 21,xxx miles and I'm considering purchasing a 3 year/40K mile warranty for $4290 from my local Porsche dealer as the factory warranty just expired. Will look into cheaper options if am pointed in the right direction.

Before any modifications. No tint, no clear tails,OEM turbo wheels in silver.

After powder coating wheels gloss black, and in process of being tinted.

After- installed clear tails myself with the help of a buddy (SUPER EASY), had windows tinted 20% all around, and wheels are done in gloss black powder coat. Pretty happy with the result, though something seems off- I'm thinking it may be the ride height. Being that this car doesn't have PASM, I think it sits a bit high from factory. Open to thoughts on this.
Ride height is subjective, look at HR and Techart lowering spring. Tagmotorsports has a bunch of photos of our cars with them installed. There's also a thread here with lots of pictures that has a comparison of the two setups. After much debate I went with the Techart and have been very pleased with the ride height and compared with the stock PASM the ride maybe a little better than factory.

Cman21
Old 01-19-2019, 11:07 AM
Mrsosoo
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats and welcome back, love the all black!!!

Quick Reply: New 991.1 owner. Pictures inside!