Sponsored by:

Crappy Dealer Service

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 05:14 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 404 Likes on 289 Posts
Default Crappy Dealer Service

So I am located out in the sticks and my service advisor has been in place long enough that he is not worried about performance. As a matter of fact it seems like each time I deal with him I get increasing attitude (so much that the last time I actually drove to Jacksonville to have the PCM checked). I called PCNA and they gave me the same line about all dealerships being privately owned and even though I see Porsche as a brand the dealerships have nothing to do with that brand. The kicker is I am looking for a Golf R and it also would have the be serviced at this dealership. Has anyone faced a similar situation of an aggressive service manager with an attitude and how have you handled ? A loaner car always takes at least a month and the interaction is painful.
Old 01-16-2019, 06:24 PM
VII7
Racer

Received 122 Likes on 81 Posts

By never going to the dealership
Old 01-16-2019, 06:36 PM
jkfuel
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there another SA you could use?
Old 01-16-2019, 06:53 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ask him face to face, "Do you have a problem with me?"

Or speak to the general manager of the dealership, and give him bad marks on the inevitable survey. About all you can do.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:47 PM
orclean1
Pro

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

Bring him a pizza and tell him he the cats meow !!
Old 01-16-2019, 09:02 PM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 125 Likes on 93 Posts

Just change service advisors.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:15 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 400 Posts

Nope.

Service has always been upfront, friendly, loaner available and call with an update every day from the SA or Tech working on car.....etc.....and I'm a DIY'er that rarely takes the car in.

But I do take them donuts every once in a while on Saturdays when I'm in the area.....
Old 01-16-2019, 09:32 PM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,146 Likes on 629 Posts

I believe that dealers are 50/50 crap shoot. In many areas like where I live there is a monopoly and they treat their customers like crap.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:41 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,299 Likes on 729 Posts

Nobody has to take crap from a service advisor. Tell him you want a sit down with him and the GM because you are concerned about his attitude toward you and his aggressive demeanor. If he does not make it happen or change attitude set the meeting up yourself.
Trying to win him over by being sweet seems like a lost cause. No one needs to beg for good service when buying $100k+ cars.
If you find the management to be just as oblivious to customer service just move to another dealer and give this one a crappy reference through PCNA. Life is too short to deal with idiots when you are a high paying customer.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:10 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,364 Likes on 2,307 Posts

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
So I am located out in the sticks and my service advisor has been in place long enough that he is not worried about performance. As a matter of fact it seems like each time I deal with him I get increasing attitude (so much that the last time I actually drove to Jacksonville to have the PCM checked). I called PCNA and they gave me the same line about all dealerships being privately owned and even though I see Porsche as a brand the dealerships have nothing to do with that brand. The kicker is I am looking for a Golf R and it also would have the be serviced at this dealership. Has anyone faced a similar situation of an aggressive service manager with an attitude and how have you handled ? A loaner car always takes at least a month and the interaction is painful.
If you are in the Jacksonville area get in touch with Terry at Pulse Racing Services, unless you have warranty work, but for any type of service use him. I have and I will never go anywhere else; tell him Bob Z. referred you.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:42 AM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by vjd3
Ask him face to face, "Do you have a problem with me?"

Or speak to the general manager of the dealership, and give him bad marks on the inevitable survey. About all you can do.
this is what not to do. That’s overly aggressive and hostile. Approach the service advisor and politely let him know that you don’t appreciate his behavior towards you. It’s is possible that he doesn’t realize how he comes off.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:38 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Default All good advice for Capital Porsche Tallassee

I did ask him directly what the problem was yesterday and he remained aggressive. I called and left a VM with the GM's assistant yesterday and they did not even bother to call me back. It sucks I have to drive 2 and 1/2 hours to get service. I have owned a bunch if audi's and it is the same thing. one time this ****show even replaced my audi oil plug with a volkswagon one and all the oil leaked out of my new A4. I only go to the dealer for CPO items and as soon as that ends I will be coming to jax. it is a shame when customer service sucks so badly.

Originally Posted by awrryan

this is what not to do. That’s overly aggressive and hostile. Approach the service advisor and politely let him know that you don’t appreciate his behavior towards you. It’s is possible that he doesn’t realize how he comes off.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:55 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Default del

Del

Old 01-17-2019, 11:38 AM
vodkag
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Penn4S
Nobody has to take crap from a service advisor. Tell him you want a sit down with him and the GM because you are concerned about his attitude toward you and his aggressive demeanor. If he does not make it happen or change attitude set the meeting up yourself.
Trying to win him over by being sweet seems like a lost cause. No one needs to beg for good service when buying $100k+ cars.
If you find the management to be just as oblivious to customer service just move to another dealer and give this one a crappy reference through PCNA. Life is too short to deal with idiots when you are a high paying customer.
+1

FYI, I have been really lucky with my SA and my dealership. service is always 100%+
Old 01-17-2019, 11:49 AM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 327 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
Del
Have a friend come with you next time and video tape the entire exchange. Introduce yourself on the video, and ask the SA to introduce himself as well. Be very friendly to him the entire time no matter how he behaves. Tell the service adviser that you're starting a YouTube channel and part of it will be videos of your Porsche experiences.

If he continues to give you an attitude, post the video on YouTube and forward a link to the dealership's GM and PCNA along with some flowery talk about how much you love Porsche, how great the car is, and how this experience is in conflict with what you feel the Porsche brand is all about.

Quick Reply: Crappy Dealer Service