GTOWN83
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome. I moved from the 996 forum.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:34 AM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 603 Likes on 330 Posts

Welcome - I am too an ex 997.2 (C4S) owner and have now enjoyed my 2015 Targa for close to two years and 17,000 or so miles. You will love your new car - can't wait to see pictures!
Old 01-26-2019, 11:14 PM
Fbrooksr
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Took delivery today!

Picked up the '19 Night Blue Metallic PDK Targa 4S this morning. Spent most of the morning riding around getting used to the PDK as my 997.2 was MT. Tomorrow will be northern MD-southern PA countryside! My wife's and my initial thoughts about the car are below:
  • The color is deeper than we expected. We both love it. Strongly considering coating it to preserve the finish. The metallic is outstanding.
  • The cabin is much roomier than the 997.2. Very comfortable. Thigh room is huge.
  • There is definitely turbo lag, but who the heck cares! This thing is a rocket ship! Holy smoke, does it kick you in the seat in Sport+.
  • The PDK shifts fast! Very fast! Lightning fast! With a solid feel! Love it! Though I continually reach for the clutch pedal when I come to an intersection. Funny.
  • It was in the 30's most if not all of today. We had the top down, windows up and heater going... I was asked to put the top up. Oh well. Tomorrow scarves around the necks! No real buffeting, but I am used to some as I had convertibles most of my life, so maybe I'm immune.
Pictures below:

Didn't want to shut it off!

Walking around it while on our parking pad.

Up and own, up and down...

Do I recommend the 991.2 Targa 4S? Oh Hell yes!

Better pics tomorrow. By the way, the side markers are clear. They are just lit up in the pic. Thanks for the earlier welcome. Hope I can live up to the mark set by those already in the string!
Old 01-26-2019, 11:24 PM
Fbrooksr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Psorcery
Welcome, you bought a wicked car in a wicked color.

The difference in car will blow you away.
Psorcery - you couldn't have been more right. Had fun with a Mustang GT, and Volvo Crossover something that thought he was hot stuff, and a VW TDI this afternoon after dropping off my more responsible partner. Wicked!
Old 01-27-2019, 03:39 PM
go.illini
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Fbrooksr
Picked up the '19 Night Blue Metallic PDK Targa 4S this morning. Spent most of the morning riding around getting used to the PDK as my 997.2 was MT. Tomorrow will be northern MD-southern PA countryside! My wife's and my initial thoughts about the car are below:
  • The color is deeper than we expected. We both love it. Strongly considering coating it to preserve the finish. The metallic is outstanding.
  • The cabin is much roomier than the 997.2. Very comfortable. Thigh room is huge.
  • There is definitely turbo lag, but who the heck cares! This thing is a rocket ship! Holy smoke, does it kick you in the seat in Sport+.
  • The PDK shifts fast! Very fast! Lightning fast! With a solid feel! Love it! Though I continually reach for the clutch pedal when I come to an intersection. Funny.
  • It was in the 30's most if not all of today. We had the top down, windows up and heater going... I was asked to put the top up. Oh well. Tomorrow scarves around the necks! No real buffeting, but I am used to some as I had convertibles most of my life, so maybe I'm immune.
Stunning. Nice car. Enjoy it!
Old 01-27-2019, 04:20 PM
masti99
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 87 Posts

Congrats, enjoy in good health!
Old 02-09-2019, 10:13 PM
Fbrooksr
Rennlist Member

Default Thanks! Ceramic Coating and Expel This Weekend

Thanks for the great welcome to this forum.

We have great cars! The PDK is awesome! I'm still reaching for the shifter at intersections, but that will end with time.

Took the Pcar to Perfection Detail in Fallston, MD today for SB3 Alpha ceramic coating after the requisite paint work, Xpel clear bra as well. A week's worth of work. I pick it up next Saturday and more pictures then. Can't wait!
Old 02-09-2019, 10:40 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 954 Likes on 568 Posts

Beautiful car-congrats!

But you really should have kept the 997, and then gone back through all the 991 series to collect a complete Targa set.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:42 PM
superdog
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

Beautiful. Huge congrats.

Im receiving something super similar in March. Gonna be a long wait.

Enjoy the magnifcent machine you’ve got there.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:17 PM
Fbrooksr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bkrantz
Beautiful car-congrats!

But you really should have kept the 997, and then gone back through all the 991 series to collect a complete Targa set.
Had I an unlimited budget... had I place to keep them... had I the patience to chose which one to drive that day (or, night)... had I... ok, had I a wife that didn't take great umbrage with the time I spend with my single Porsche!
Old 02-10-2019, 01:23 PM
Fbrooksr
Rennlist Member

Default Immeasurably better

Originally Posted by superdog
Beautiful. Huge congrats.

Im receiving something super similar in March. Gonna be a long wait.

Enjoy the magnifcent machine you’ve got there.
Thanks! Porsche has a winner here. Just enough creature comfort. More than enough power. And, plenty of "guy entertainment " stuff in the robotic top! My wife and I saw our first 991.1 Targa in NYC and she knew by the drool there was one in our future. One and a half years later... she was right!
Old 02-10-2019, 02:54 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,242 Likes on 573 Posts

Originally Posted by Fbrooksr
Jeez guys, lighten up! I'm about to have a heart attack now... even without the positive comparisons to the 997. LoL!

I've been looking for something for about 6 months, and finally pulled the trigger. Now I gotta wait for truck delivery. Probably Thursday. Maybe Friday. It's killing me! Requested pictures coming soon as I sit in the seat. Thanks for the welcome notes.
I feel your pain! I'm coming from two 997.1's (C2S and TTcab), 987.2 Spyders, a 981 Cayman and a 993 into a soon to be built Carrera T and I'm slightly nervous about the size! So thanks for everyone else's comments - whew - I fell relieved!

And welcome to the 991 Forum with a beautiful Night Blue Metallic Targa. I also owned a Macan GTS in that and it was STUNNING.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:59 PM
NJRon
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful!!
Old 02-10-2019, 03:20 PM
gripshifter
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Beautiful Targa, congratulations! I also came from a 997 2S, then a 991.1 2S to a Targa 4S.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:43 PM
flgfish
Pro

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Beautiful car. Love the Turbo wheels on it. Congratulations.

edit: The more I look at them, I realize they're different than the Turbo wheels I was thinking of, but very similar... still sweet!

Quick Reply: Hello. Moving to the 991 forum.