Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dragy times Protomotive tuned 991.2 C4S

Old 01-13-2019, 12:26 PM
TXGold
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Dragy times Protomotive tuned 991.2 C4S

Knocked another tenth off 60-130 and 1/4 with latest Protomotive tune revision. More timing was added in down low and torque request was increased a little. Still hoping we can bump more boost and more timing down low. Logs show 22.5PSI and tapers off to 21.7 PSI up top around 5700RPM. The stock boost gauge WILL NOT read past 22.5 of 22.6, something near that. An aftermarket gauge will be required to read more. Thanks to Steve Ott at Driver Source and Todd Knighton at Protomotive for all the help.

My mods are 3" Inlets by Tial, AEM WMI w/ small nozzles, Catless

Old 01-13-2019, 12:37 PM
quattr0
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Impressive time for a manual!!! Looks like better tires could improve that 60ft. Still owe you a beer? Free today? ;-)

I told Steve that I will follow yours shortly....maybe adding turbos as well.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:43 PM
TXGold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by quattr0
Impressive!!! Looks like better tires could improve that 60ft. Still owe you a beer? Free today? ;-)

I told Steve that I will follow yours shortly....maybe adding turbos as well.
Hey man, not today but soon!!!

I just added R888R's in 315 in back. My best 60' was 1.72 today. I'm going to have to go back to Mexico and try for a 1.72 or better to get a 10 second time. I know it's there. Maybe with another final revision we see timing we want and boost to hold across the rev range and we can knock another tenth off these times.

I called Pure and they said they are testing their turbo upgrades and may have more information this week. Tial told us the max WHP for the M660 is likely 650. I can't pull the trigger for something limited to that. I don't want to build the motor so I want a turbo that can incrementally be turned up and the M660 is going to limit that ability. Hopefully the Pure and others that are bolt on come to market soon or I may have to spend the money for a 30 frame custom setup.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:31 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,438 Likes on 776 Posts

Nice times thanks for sharing. I assume 2nd gear roll and shifted to 3rd to finish?
Old 01-13-2019, 01:35 PM
quattr0
Instructor

Originally Posted by TXGold
Hey man, not today but soon!!!

I just added R888R's in 315 in back. My best 60' was 1.72 today. I'm going to have to go back to Mexico and try for a 1.72 or better to get a 10 second time. I know it's there. Maybe with another final revision we see timing we want and boost to hold across the rev range and we can knock another tenth off these times.

I called Pure and they said they are testing their turbo upgrades and may have more information this week. Tial told us the max WHP for the M660 is likely 650. I can't pull the trigger for something limited to that. I don't want to build the motor so I want a turbo that can incrementally be turned up and the M660 is going to limit that ability. Hopefully the Pure and others that are bolt on come to market soon or I may have to spend the money for a 30 frame custom setup.
DIdn't know you already have R888. Dang that manual hurts but a blast thol!!!

I'm not too crazy with high numbers in the hp department but 3DMetal mentioned M660 is capable of 800+whp soon on ************.
Todd's tune basically is so far faster than GTS Cobb stage 1 with headers+bypass, which is impressive given yours is a S. LavaGTS did 11.06 @127.8 mph but that's warmer weather and to be fair, yours is custom tune and stage 1 is OTS. Thought I would throw it out there.

Did you run on 93 oct? Thanks for pushing it man.
Old 01-13-2019, 03:08 PM
TXGold
Rennlist Member

Yes 93 octane. Tial just told Steve via email limit of the M660 is 650whp. PDK on a 1/4 pull is likely worth a lot of points.

No offense but stock turbos are all that should matter and what size turbo. All the other things upgraded can help understand what the improvement was via time difference but the tune and the turbos are the greatest differences. This Protomotive tune is great. Easy to drive, both smooth and powerful. Any BUTs like I had a passenger, uphill, too cold too hot, headers vs no headers, don’t matter. This is my best attempt of many. This 60-130 is the record for all known 991.2 Carreras.

60-130 is a 3 to 4 shift. Start about 50mph.
Old 01-13-2019, 03:30 PM
quattr0
Instructor

Originally Posted by TXGold
Yes 93 octane. Tial just told Steve via email limit of the M660 is 650whp. PDK on a 1/4 pull is likely worth a lot of points.

No offense but stock turbos are all that should matter and what size turbo. All the other things upgraded can help understand what the improvement was via time difference but the tune and the turbos are the greatest differences. This Protomotive tune is great. Easy to drive, both smooth and powerful. Any BUTs like I had a passenger, uphill, too cold too hot, headers vs no headers, don’t matter. This is my best attempt of many. This 60-130 is the record for all known 991.2 Carreras.

60-130 is a 3 to 4 shift. Start about 50mph.
Agreed w record time on stock turbos.

Dont want to speculate but i believe the 800 number is behind a a few other things hes working on, like the wastegate is one of them. I believe he designs all or most the after market parts out there so i dont think it's bs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dragy times Protomotive tuned 991.2 C4S