PSE install - Can the button be placed in the middle? - Page 3 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 991
Reload this Page >

PSE install - Can the button be placed in the middle?

Notices
Sponsored by:

PSE install - Can the button be placed in the middle?

Old 01-10-2019, 09:31 PM
garfunkle
User

Originally Posted by mymac View Post
Everything will work as usual except for the PSE button. That will have to be programed at the stealership. I paid $150 to get mine programed. BTW give Sonnon Porsche a try for a parts instead of Suncoast.
Well, it depends. The buttons will do the same thing if pressed in the same place. If you change the order, it will do whatever it was programmed to do regardless of the picture on the button.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:22 AM
mgordon18
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
I noticed there's just ONE 991.1 PSE kit, but as we all know, on the base car, it requires the side mufflers too, so it has to be a lot more expensive, correct? The only kit I found is $2,6xx, if memory serves me right. The car already has the optional black tips, so don't want more tips either. My question for you is if the $1,800 quoted excludes both the side mufflers and tips, or just the tips. Or do you get the side mufflers anyway, and just need to throw them away if you own an S? Just curious.
There are two versions of the kit. One for base cars' 3.4L engines and one for S cars' 3.8L. Suncoast allows you to choose your car type and appropriate up-charge for base cars because that kit DOES include side mufflers. If you have a base car, you will also need the PSE exhaust tips. The base standard tips won't fit.

The $1800 price I got includes everything necessary for my S (and nothing more), which means no side mufflers and no exhaust tips.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:11 AM
vodkag
User

yes it can be done, I installed my PSE after and my button is in the middle. it all depends on where you put it when you replace the button console. I guess i did it the OEM way so that's how they programmed it
Old 01-11-2019, 10:31 AM
Bob Z.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mgordon18 View Post
There are two versions of the kit. One for base cars' 3.4L engines and one for S cars' 3.8L. Suncoast allows you to choose your car type and appropriate up-charge for base cars because that kit DOES include side mufflers. If you have a base car, you will also need the PSE exhaust tips. The base standard tips won't fit.

The $1800 price I got includes everything necessary for my S (and nothing more), which means no side mufflers and no exhaust tips.
If someone needs PSE tips send me a PM - I have a pair of Black GTS ovals.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:04 PM
mgordon18
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mymac View Post
Everything will work as usual except for the PSE button. That will have to be programed at the stealership. I paid $150 to get mine programed. BTW give Sonnon Porsche a try for a parts instead of Suncoast.
Sonnen Porsche FTW! I priced it all out with them and they ended up being more than $200 cheaper than Suncoast. Placed my order today. Looks like I'll be having my indy do the work, though. The dealership near me met my price on labor but told me they couldn't get to my parts price, which they originally quoted as more than DOUBLE Sonnen's! They said the price I asked for was below their cost...
Old 01-11-2019, 05:57 PM
adcampo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Congrats. It's like a late Christmas present. That things gonna scream. Is it a .1 or .2?
Old 01-11-2019, 06:46 PM
mgordon18
Addict
Rennlist Member

Turns out the dealership is allowing me to bring in the parts (!), so I'm going with them as a one stop shop at the price I requested. This way I know it'll be done right (or at least I can demand they get it right eventually!) and they can program the button all at the same time. I might crack open the box for the console button and place the PSE switch where I want it myself, though, so they are prepped for where it's supposed to be. I don't want them forgetting that I asked for it in the middle slot. I'll put it there myself and have it ready for them...
Old 01-11-2019, 07:17 PM
jungkim1234
User

I DIY'ed the PSE install myself on a '13 4S. If your dealer is going to charge you labor for the buttons, do it yourself. You'll still have to have them program it. It literally takes 10 minutes from start to finish. If you can build a basic 20 piece lego kit, you can put it together.

If your're poor like me, you should keep the old button module and can sell it for $100.

Also the Non PSE tips WILL Fit on the PSE exhaust with a mil gap (if that) or so. I'm as **** as they come, and the only way I could see the gap is by laying on the ground and pointing a flashlight from the center of the car toward the back. It is not loose fitting.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: