991.2 GT Silver Satin PPF/Nano Coating/Customization

Old 01-08-2019, 09:02 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 698 Likes on 366 Posts
Cool 991.2 GT Silver Satin PPF/Nano Coating/Customization

This was our final project of 2018 and client gave us a long list of wish lists and we gladly accepted challenge. Project of this scale, and request, requires extreme precision and management. It's a skill we've earned over the past two decades. Specializing in Porsche allows us to make these amazing requests from a client's imagination, a reality. I hope you enjoy the journey as much as we did.

Most projects arrive to our studio, lovingly called The Asylum, via flatbed concierge delivery from dealership, or enclosed trailer from various area of the country. This one was local and arrived safe and sound

Once paint correction is complete, we begin disassembly and cataloging the vehicle, then begin installing ppf, clear bra. In this case, client wanted a satin look, similar to options offered by BMW and Mercedes, but not by Porsche. GT Silver is so stunning, but with matte ppf, it truly becomes enchanting. The metallic fully comes through the satin ppf and paint still looks "alive"

Strategic edges are extended in our software. With matte ppf, extreme attention to detail is given to extensions since NO gloss should be visible

Custom door for a seamless installation around door handle and mirror base

Most will never see behind the scenes. Knowing the project is done with un-paralleled attention-to-detail is satisfying for us and the client. The more functional reason why we obsess over the smallest detail, amazing level of durability and ease of maintenance since there's little to no seams

Custom gas door

At GP, we use DAP from XPEL...arguably the best, and most expensive, pattern software in the industry. Sometimes, patterns aren't suitable for our needs, so we go back to our roots...doing custom installations that started it for us

No detail is too small. These edges MUST be hand trimmed with precision. If you're off by a fraction of mm, the edge of the film will be exposed once the fins are installed back on

Even the carbon fiber door sills are protected and no one would ever know there's ppf on them

Client wanted a few suggestions to make this Turbo S more unique. The bare plastic accents around the 911 didn't quite match the glossy black accents that client optioned. We suggested that all matte plastics be custom painted gloss black to match other various OEM accents. This took tremendous effort to color match, get the overall texture correct, and also to protect with ppf as there was no pattern for these small pieces

Semi-Custom 1-piece 1/4s. The rear 1/4 window and trim are removed for a more seamless and clean installation

Custom Rear bumper

We use OEM emblems. Well-worth the effort considering our goal is to enhance something already new. We invest heavily into proper tooling. We have the entire library of every 991 and 991.2 generation 911

Headlights are also protected against pitting from rock chips

Mirror assembly. The outer cover was GT Silver, gloss. We wanted a SEAMLESS matte look, and only proper way to achieve those results, is to apply a matte clear coat. For an OEM appearance, we separate the mirror into its individual parts, paint each piece, and re-assemble. It's how the factory would do it

First round of this project complete. She'll be back soon for some other amazing upgrades

Custom painted GPS antenna and mirrors

Wheels and calipers nano'd

New gloss accents

All interior surfaces are nano'd giving excellent protection and a richer appearance. This process looks near OEM and doesn't take away new-car smell many enjoy

Old 01-08-2019, 09:58 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 710 Likes on 495 Posts

Beautiful. GT Silver and Black/Bordeaux is a great combination.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:41 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 102 Posts

The attention to detail is mind boggling, in a good way.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:31 AM
Carrera-T
Rennlist Member

Received 502 Likes on 218 Posts

Amazing work down to the smallest details. I thought PPF on Porsche headlights was a no no?
Old 01-09-2019, 09:06 AM
rxtrom
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

How did you wrap the door handles?
Old 01-09-2019, 02:58 PM
phefner
Rennlist Member

Received 699 Likes on 416 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Carrera-T
Amazing work down to the smallest details. I thought PPF on Porsche headlights was a no no?
I recall reading same and found the thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...eadlights.html

Be good to hear what the OP knows as they clearly do an incredible job. Love the look guys.

Last edited by phefner; 01-09-2019 at 02:58 PM. Reason: syntax
Old 01-09-2019, 03:24 PM
Stevie 77 930
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By far the most detailed job from GP documented so far. Moe you and your team are just perfectionists.
Typically, I have not been a fan of the matte look paint job, but this looks car looks amazing.... Great choice by your client
What further upgrades could even think about doing ????
Old 01-09-2019, 05:49 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

oddly enough, to me, it makes GT silver look like artic silver
Old 01-09-2019, 06:18 PM
skxf430
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Amazing work Moe!!!!
Old 01-09-2019, 06:25 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,115 Likes on 665 Posts

Moe - you and your crew are artists! Fantastic as usual.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:10 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thank you everyone for the kind words and checking out this thread. To say we had a lot of fun working on this project would be an understatement.

Originally Posted by Carrera-T
If installed correctly, not an issue. I'm still puzzled by the warning in the manual but no one has given clear explanation why Porsche doesn't approve the install. It mentions something about heat. I don't see how ppf would affect the heat on/inside headlights??? If anyone knows, please share.

Originally Posted by rxtrom
How did you wrap the door handles?
Door handles were already painted black from Porsche. We did put ppf on the handle to protect it

Originally Posted by Stevie 77 930
By far the most detailed job from GP documented so far. Moe you and your team are just perfectionists.
Typically, I have not been a fan of the matte look paint job, but this looks car looks amazing.... Great choice by your client
What further upgrades could even think about doing ????
Thanks Steve...she'll be getting tint soon, possibly audio upgrade and ALP radar/laser installation. Tint is Huper Optik Select series...arguably the best tint in the world for its performance and look. Stay tuned!
Old 01-12-2019, 10:58 PM
JPJRJR70
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 51 Posts

Moe you are amazing in what you do! You will be wrapping my next car! Will need to find a dealer near you to purchase! Question? What nano did you use inside? Looking for matte look on my Carrara Red.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:28 PM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 122 Posts

Amazing Moe!!!
Old 01-17-2019, 12:25 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by JPJRJR70
Moe you are amazing in what you do! You will be wrapping my next car! Will need to find a dealer near you to purchase! Question? What nano did you use inside? Looking for matte look on my Carrara Red.
that would be awesome and we could help with your purchase.

cquartz leather was used on interior

Originally Posted by armanslr
Amazing Moe!!!
thank you Sir. All of us here at GP take pride in our work
Old 01-17-2019, 12:51 PM
rporzio
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 991.2 GT Silver Satin PPF/Nano Coating/Customization