Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cobb Pro Tune for 991.2.. Its ready

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 05:58 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 621 Likes on 340 Posts

I doubt I have the fastest GTS especially since I have a Targa, but that was never my desire.
I always want my cars to be different from the pack. Color, Speed, Stereo, etc..

There is no doubt in my mind that your car will be faster. Stickys car will be faster. I want the best bang for the buck and I think I got it.
If you want to bolt on bigger turbos, intercoolers, meth injection..then you will smoke me and thats fine by me

I will re start my feud with you 4 point 0 that the IPD plenum does nothing and that all of these headers essentially perform identically.
I think once you get into pro tuning you may find the same thing

We may be waiting a lifetime for Sticky to do his header testing as I dont think it will ever happen...
Old 01-06-2019, 06:07 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,181 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG

I will re start my feud with you 4 point 0 that the IPD plenum does nothing and that all of these headers essentially perform identically.
I think once you get into pro tuning you may find the same thing

I can accept that all equal length, ceramic coated headers will perform very similarly. But a non ceramic coated, non equal length header will not be in the same league.

As for the IPD, everything is relative. It does nothing when compared to a COBB tune, or compared to equal length ceramic coated headers. But It might do something when compared to a BMC filter. (Which is not much)

We can agree It won't be the IPD that makes the difference, it will be the 50 Hours of Dyno time and 100's of hours of track testing that will make the difference.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:16 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

4 point 0: you aren't understanding what I am saying and I have said it repeatedly...

The IPD plenum will do NOTHING for performance. Not nothing compared to a 100hp Cobb Tune, I mean it does zero, zilch, absolutely nothing at all for the engine performance.
I just wanted to make myself clear so that anyone reading this understands my position on this. It is more likely to DECREASE overall performance than do anything positive, so actually it may do something

I am also not 100% sold on the header gains.. I am still on the fence about their overall benefits as well. Again, would love to see more independent testing on this.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:21 PM
fastforddriver
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

From the dyno sheet that appears to be a Mustang dyno, they measure the power differently than a Dynojet dyno and they do read lower. I bet you're another 30+ whp/wtq on a Dynojet. Also will depend on the correction factor used, too.

Best and most accurate dyno is the track 8-]

Nice numbers!
Old 01-06-2019, 10:15 PM
Ttz06vette
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 147 Posts

4 point 0: you aren't understanding what I am saying and I have said it repeatedly...

The IPD plenum will do NOTHING for performance. Not nothing compared to a 100hp Cobb Tune, I mean it does zero, zilch, absolutely nothing at all for the engine performance.
I just wanted to make myself clear so that anyone reading this understands my position on this. It is more likely to DECREASE overall performance than do anything positive, so actually it may do something

I am also not 100% sold on the header gains.. I am still on the fence about their overall benefits as well. Again, would love to see more independent testing on this.
How about their Y-Pipe? Any improvement over stock With that?
Old 01-06-2019, 10:18 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Any pipe that will eliminate the cats will improve HP. No idea about anyone specific pipes, but a straight pipe has been shown to provide the most gains.
The following users liked this post:
Ed99 (07-07-2019)
Old 01-06-2019, 10:29 PM
Ttz06vette
Rennlist Member

Any pipe that will eliminate the cats will improve HP. No idea about anyone specific pipes, but a straight pipe has been shown to provide the most gains.
Thought you were referring to their intake plenum. The IPD Y-Pipe goes into the manifold plenum.
Old 01-06-2019, 10:34 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

This is the part I am referring to:
https://www.ipdplenums.com/products/...arrera-s-turbo

It makes no gains in HP or torque but some people buy into their claims. I have been pretty vocal on the forums about how worthless this part is.
Been out a while, still no independent dyno results showing anything near their 30-40 hp torque gains...
Old 01-06-2019, 10:44 PM
TXGold
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Psorcery
Why don't you just attach the logs in a file form here on rennlist? Just the excel file itself.. Or perhaps a screenshot..
please do!
Old 01-06-2019, 10:45 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

I emailed them to Psorcery so you can ask him to extrapolate them and post them in this thread. He's had them for hours
Old 01-06-2019, 10:49 PM
TXGold
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Just curious when whoever was reviewing your logs says that 90% of knock is gone. What metric was used to show this? Also wouldn’t any knock at all be bad?

Regarding the the comment that they are curious how they got more power and torque AND it was lean, it’s my understanding from my piston flying days that peak power is made lean of peak cylinder temp. I’m sure there are many other factors but from what we could control, full rich for landing and take off and in cruise lean it out for max range, and power at a particular RPM and MP.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:32 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

With all due respect PTS your datalogs gave me a headache. Just post them up and stop fearing for your identity.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:09 AM
Mojo.K
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Does the Cobb Pro Tune work with the PSE option?
Old 01-07-2019, 01:19 AM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Mojo.K
Does the Cobb Pro Tune work with the PSE option?
​​​​​​
​​​​​​No, it would be pretty impressive if it did. But no.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:54 AM
Ttz06vette
Rennlist Member

This is the part I am referring to

It makes no gains in HP or torque but some people buy into their claims. I have been pretty vocal on the forums about how worthless this part is.
Been out a while, still no independent dyno results showing anything near their 30-40 hp torque gains...
Same part I was referring to...they sell a Y Pipe as well that goes into it
https://www.fabspeed.com/porsche-991...SABEgJa6fD_BwE

Quick Reply: Cobb Pro Tune for 991.2.. Its ready