Sponsored by:

Cobb Pro Tune for 991.2.. Its ready

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 11:17 PM
cosmo1
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
You're the most likely candidate due to low post score. He does chime in frequently but always a new account and very low post score before someone recognises him.
lol, good one but I assure you I'm not him.... My turbo upgrade will be a bit bigger than the current 991.2 gts turbo size..
Old 01-08-2019, 11:21 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,186 Likes on 626 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmo1
lol, good one but I assure you I'm not him.... My turbo upgrade will be a bit bigger than the current 991.2 gts turbo size..
Spdracerut is far too smart to be sticky,
Flsupraguy and Psorcery are too cool to be sticky.

PTS and //Method I know their real names, they aren't sticky.

Sorry buddy, its looking like you. I'm just kidding.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:26 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 621 Likes on 340 Posts

Ok, then my car is still producing more as I figured. My car is the red line AFTER Pro Tune. The blue line is my car BEFORE the Pro tune.
So, you are comparing your green line to my previous stage 2..now I understand.
I do believe that a 3rd gear pull is paramount to get accurate numbers. Different gearing, different speeds. Not apples to apples. Thats the main issue

The fact that the red line (pro tune) falls off late in the rpms is not right. I need to do a proper data log with a non heat soaked engine.
I will try and get one good run over to SPD tomorrow, then I wont have any answers or excuses

Sticky has not yet posted in this thread..
Old 01-08-2019, 11:31 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 777 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
Spdracerut is far too smart to be sticky,
Flsupraguy and Psorcery are too cool to be sticky.

PTS and //Method I know their real names, they aren't sticky.

Sorry buddy, its looking like you. I'm just kidding.
LOL I havent been called cool since high school. Excuse me while I bask on old memories....
Old 01-08-2019, 11:34 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
I do believe that a 3rd gear pull is paramount to get accurate numbers. Different gearing, different speeds. Not apples to apples. Thats the main issue

The fact that the red line (pro tune) falls off late in the rpms is not right. I need to do a proper data log with a non heat soaked engine.
I will try and get one good run over to SPD tomorrow, then I wont have any answers or excuses

Cool, I will do a third gear pull as well and send it to SPD.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:35 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 621 Likes on 340 Posts

I honestly believe the results with a 3rd gear pull will be nearly identical to my blue line. Please do that so we can see. THX
Old 01-08-2019, 11:40 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by Aatish
I need to get my ECU unlocked...
when you do im coming over to check it out
Old 01-08-2019, 11:42 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Cosmo is sticky.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:45 PM
///M3THOD
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Psorcery
Hey Method, I'm also having traction issues with the tune. What tires are you running? My Cup 2's gave me 2 wicked launches at the track but since they've worn a little and it's colder they don't do squat.

I had made a long time request to COBB to possibly include boost by gear on the protune or at least limit first gear to stock boost.. That way we can keep our solid launch the way it comes from the factory.

The 4GTS guys are lucky when it comes to launching!
Im running PZero's, which I haven't ever been a fan of. Weather was too cool to do any launches today. I plan on buying a Dragy and as soon as I have a warmer day I plan on doing some some launches to see how I hook up.

I DD my car so Cup 2's are just a of a liability in the occasional cold and wet conditions. I'm interested to see how the Protune addresses the launch, just turning up the boost and engagement rpm doesn't necessarily mean quicker times if traction is compromised.

Cosmo is sticky.
lol. Ive watched him and sticky go after each other on PBoost on multiple threads. If he is sticky, its the most elaborate and ridiculous ruse Ive ever seen.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:43 AM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I had made a long time request to COBB to possibly include boost by gear on the protune or at least limit first gear to stock boost.. That way we can keep our solid launch the way it comes from the factory.
Boo, no. I want to have max power and max fun. I don't care about a perfect launch. Even my GT3 with Cup 2 slides its *** all over the place on a launch unless conditions are perfect, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

My GTS is spinning its tires in third gear at speed now, now that's more like it.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:43 AM
TXGold
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ///M3THOD
Im running PZero's, which I haven't ever been a fan of. Weather was too cool to do any launches today. I plan on buying a Dragy and as soon as I have a warmer day I plan on doing some some launches to see how I hook up.

I DD my car so Cup 2's are just a of a liability in the occasional cold and wet conditions. I'm interested to see how the Protune addresses the launch, just turning up the boost and engagement rpm doesn't necessarily mean quicker times if traction is compromised.

lol. Ive watched him and sticky go after each other on PBoost on multiple threads. If he is sticky, its the most elaborate and ridiculous ruse Ive ever seen.
cosmo IS sticky. He DM’d me saying so. And accused me of being sticky’s pal to again make it look more legit. And sticky threatened suing him for the same reason. You’re busted Kramer!!!
Old 01-09-2019, 01:11 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

OK, I have done my 3rd gear data log and sent to SPD.

I was at the lights and it was a perfectly clean patch of freshly laid bitumen. I smiled,a nd thought, OK I won't launch , but I will plant it and see what happens.

Cup 2's and they were warm from a 50 mile drive. Lit up like a xmas tree. I think its the first time it was a full spin. Normally I don't straight floor it. I roll on.

Stage 2 has adapted more since yesterday. I am feeling car much stronger down low. Lets see what the logs say. Loving the feed back. Keep the logs coming!

He who smelt it, deblt it. Comso1 is not Kramer, but STICKY. Hey Sticky. So I was right.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:58 AM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Lmao at Cosmo getting exposed.

jk.

I flashed the map over and drove on it for a little.. Top end is the same.. Little more power in the mid range.. Let's see how this map settles in.

I did a 4th gear log on the Stage 1 93 map as a before. Will do the same on the stage 2 93.. Speedracernut, willing to chart it?

Oh, I spun 2nd gear ever so slightly on the stage 2 map. That's a first.

Now it's time to make some videos on the Gopro I got for Christmas!
Old 01-09-2019, 04:16 AM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 542 Likes on 369 Posts

Just a straight up comparison of time vs. engine speed. 3rd gear pulls.
Doesn't say anything about power, just that 4point0's car is faster with the given test circumstances (higher engine speed at same time)
Unknown on how level the roads were. Unknown on wind conditions. Unknown car weights. Unknown driver weights.
4point0 has a lighter GTS than PTS's heavier Targa GTS.
4point0 being in summer in Australia right now, IATs started at 115F and finished at 122F. PTS being in winter in the US northeast, IAT for the -17 run started at 86F and went to 94F. 4point0 was on Stage2 tune. PTS was Stage2 for -12 run and Protune for -17 run which added a lot of mid-range.

These are 4point0s timing data. On run 3, there was enough individual cylinder timing retard to cause the main ignition timing to retard at about 4100rpm by 4 degrees. On the -5 run which was heat soaked, you guys can see how much timing was pulled. Past 6400rpm, a lot of the main timing got pulled and the top-end power suffered of course. In the engine speed vs. time plot, you can see how 4point0 run 5 started out faster than PTS-17 but then lost power on the top-end and PTS-17 caught up.

Old 01-09-2019, 04:38 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by spdracerut
Doesn't say anything about power, just that 4point0's car is faster
I'm sorry, I couldn't read anything further after this.

I have a question. I never drive in Sports + on the street as it holds the gears too long. But when doing the run, I wanted it to stay in 3rd gear, So I thought I would flick it over to sport+

My question is, do we need to adapt each mode when we add a tune? If so, then Sport + has not been adapted. As I 98% of the time drive around in Sport.

It's only at the track I drive in sport +. But haven't been to the track with stage 2 yet. Only got it yesterday.

Quick Reply: Cobb Pro Tune for 991.2.. Its ready