Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not even 48 hours into ownership and this......

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 01:41 PM
911sccab
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Holy First World Problems.

Let it go indeed.
Old 12-28-2018, 01:44 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

It's just as valid to assume the Honda driver deliberately backed into the parking space to avoid his/her passenger from dinging your Porsche, knowing they'd be more cautious then their occupant. I say "good parking job by the Honda ".
Old 12-28-2018, 02:35 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,141 Likes on 981 Posts

Does anybody really see what is wrong with this picture? I don't get it.

Originally Posted by t0mas
Not just at holidays unfortunately......

Old 12-28-2018, 05:56 PM
phefner
Rennlist Member

Received 699 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
So what's the big deal here? Ok, so the pickup truck driver is a lousy parker. That ain't news, and will always be existent. Have you ever driven a truck that size? They are very-very wide and fill up the space in most all retail shop parking spaces.

Why take the time and find the driver of the truck? Who needs the confrontation and drama? Just open your passenger door, cross over your center console, and drive away.

I'd like to see more of the picture. What was on your right side? Another spot, or did you park on an end-spot. I always park at an end-spot and hug the curb. This gives those poor parkers more margin.
Lex, your always SPOT-ON. Its just something we have to deal with right. Price to pay. Though I've heard of a few people creating a monor inconvience, like maybe flattening a tire or two, in that situation. A subtle message.
Old 12-28-2018, 10:26 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 954 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by AKB991

t0mas - looks like all the cars are parked properly in the spots - what are you supposed to do ? Those spots look exceedingly tight.
Yeah, I would blame the lot designer (and maybe in turn blame the cheap-*** property owner and/or the local agency that might mandate spot size or count).
Old 12-28-2018, 10:45 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
I hate the holidays and I hate people. The person worked at the Whole Foods that was in the shopping center. So frustrating. Why stuff like this doesn't happen in my Land Rover is beyond me.
I have no idea why they're giving you such a hard time. I'd have done exactly the same thing. That pickup driver is a ****ing moron. Whichever car I'm driving I'm always considerate of the cars next to me and I expect the same treatment.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:34 PM
kikcaffine
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
I have no idea why they're giving you such a hard time. I'd have done exactly the same thing. That pickup driver is a ****ing moron. Whichever car I'm driving I'm always considerate of the cars next to me and I expect the same treatment.
With you. The driver of the pick up truck almost clipped the lady in the van (she said she had to jump out of the way as the truck driver was flying through the parking lot). So yeah going inside was 100% fully justified IMO. The seat in the truck was all the way forward, I think the lady was 5'2 maybe 5'3 at most.
Old 12-29-2018, 04:03 PM
mgordon18
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 134 Posts

Not my Porsche, but I had this happen to me a few years ago. My car is the CR-V, and I got there first. The blue car's side mirror is literally overlapping mine! Didn't think it was done on purpose - just an idiot driver not caring about anyone but themselves. I got upset, took a picture, slid into the car from the passenger side and wiggled out of the spot with a good story. I think I must have retracted both our mirrors to get out.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:14 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Old 12-30-2018, 08:25 PM
Porscheforever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hats off to the OP for being brave & stand on what he believes in. If people wrong you, there are times you shouldn’t stay silent or you let them walk all over you. I would do the same. Just make sure you carry some protection or call cops before you do that in case they intend to cause you harm.
Old 12-30-2018, 10:56 PM
kikcaffine
Advanced

Originally Posted by Porscheforever
Hats off to the OP for being brave & stand on what he believes in. If people wrong you, there are times you shouldn’t stay silent or you let them walk all over you. I would do the same. Just make sure you carry some protection or call cops before you do that in case they intend to cause you harm.
Keep a 911 in the 911 for that reason.
Old 12-31-2018, 02:26 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
6'3"
Huh. You look a lot smaller in your avatar picture.

LOL.

You guys who get all worked up over these idiots parking so close to you have got to start to realize that NO ONE cares any more. I don't mean us, here, of course we care, we are car guys (and gals). I'm talking about the average driver out there, who just wants to get to work and/or shopping without dropping their double-shot grande latte while they talk on the phone. The fact that they were able to park next to you, even crooked, without hitting your car, is a miracle.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:51 PM
kikcaffine
Advanced

Cool

Originally Posted by MJBird993
Huh. You look a lot smaller in your avatar picture.

LOL.

You guys who get all worked up over these idiots parking so close to you have got to start to realize that NO ONE cares any more. I don't mean us, here, of course we care, we are car guys (and gals). I'm talking about the average driver out there, who just wants to get to work and/or shopping without dropping their double-shot grande latte while they talk on the phone. The fact that they were able to park next to you, even crooked, without hitting your car, is a miracle.
A double shot grande latte sounds delicious actually.
Old 01-01-2019, 10:55 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

My wife used to think I was crazy but doesn't even comment anymore when I drop her off wherever we are going and then park in a secluded area where some jerk has to work hard and walk if they want to inconvenience me.
Or if I know we are going someplace that I know this tactic isn't possible we take her car. I've dealt with many careless or ignorant drivers and just prefer to avoid the situation. Walking a little more won't kill me.
Old 01-01-2019, 11:44 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,117 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by Penn4S
My wife used to think I was crazy but doesn't even comment anymore when I drop her off wherever we are going and then park in a secluded area where some jerk has to work hard and walk if they want to inconvenience me.
Or if I know we are going someplace that I know this tactic isn't possible we take her car. I've dealt with many careless or ignorant drivers and just prefer to avoid the situation. Walking a little more won't kill me.
It doesn't matter how far or where you park, this always happens.

Quick Reply: Not even 48 hours into ownership and this......