Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/)
-   -   Frustration with service department delay. (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1120289-frustration-with-service-department-delay.html)

adcampo 12-24-2018 12:33 PM

Frustration with service department delay.

I have another thread on some issues with my PSE DIY, but I just need to vent some frustration on my dealer. Long story short, I got the car on 12/3. Installed the PSE around 12/10. Had the PSE button programed on 12/12, but it didn't work. I figured I missed a vacuum line an could fix it myself. Then a coolant failure light came on, no heat and no PSE so it was time to have to dealer look at it. Dropped it at the dealer on 12/17 assuming. COV went bad. Some back and forth with my service advisor and today he said the tech who can look at it is out until Friday 12/28. Assuming the car fixed on Friday, I will have owned it 4 weeks and it's been at the dealer for 2 weeks. The car is CPO. I hope they don't come back and hit me with a large service bill saying it has something to do with my PSE install. Which I'm sure it does.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Porsche_nuts 12-24-2018 01:19 PM

Nothing new with Porsche service delays, overcharges, or screw ups. Sorry, but most times it is the luck of the draw or just bad timing.

I am sure you car will be fixed fine, but agree that the waiting and service shenanigans can be frustrating.

Jay-S 12-24-2018 01:45 PM

That’s frustrating. I had to have my MY19 worked on three times right out of the gate. If the dealer had done their job in delivering the car, none of it would have been necessary.

I hope it it works out for the best and you are letting it rip in no time.

dkhm3 12-24-2018 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jay-S (Post 15518897)
That’s frustrating. I had to have my MY19 worked on three times right out of the gate. If the dealer had done their job in delivering the car, none of it would have been necessary.

I hope it it works out for the best and you are letting it rip in no time.

what happened?

Bxstr 12-24-2018 03:06 PM

You shouldn't have an issue getting it all covered under warranty. Whether you installed the PSE or they did, it is an OEM part and they can't blame it on that unless it was an error on install that you or an independent shop did. If they did the install, then they should make it right. Best of luck getting everything fixed.

visitador 12-24-2018 03:54 PM

I don't know the interaction among the COVs in the 991.1 but it seems to me that somehow the covs controlling the heat and PSE got affected and are no longer working. Who knows what may have happened during your DYI process but at this rate, you may as well take it easy and let the dealer diagnose it. It has been my experience not to bring a car in December for servicing bc (I don't know why) the dealer's service department gets swamped.

Check post no. 2 in the following link for a better understanding of the COVs. Wish you a quick resolution:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8002...-on-991-a.html

mymac 12-24-2018 04:11 PM

Oh, i'll bet whatever is wrong it will be your fault and not theirs.

orclean1 12-24-2018 04:18 PM

It is frustrating and to avoid this in the future build a relationship with the service manager , the results are day and night ! Good luck

CSK 911 C4S 12-24-2018 08:04 PM

Did they offer you/give you a loaner?

Jay-S 12-24-2018 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by dkhm3 (Post 15518908)

what happened?

:) the dealer’s clear bra installer likes bubbles.

adcampo 12-25-2018 11:49 AM

I'm sure the problem is related to my PSE DIY. I'm guessing it's a vacuum leak from a line or connector or a bad COV. Trying to keeping cool and patient in order to build some good will. The last thing I want is a big labor bill. I'm guessing since I got a coolant error and my heat stopped working it should be covered under the CPO. Just can't wait to hear the PSE and dog it some! I really want to try the Launch Control!

Thanks all and Merry Christmas!

MJG911 12-25-2018 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jay-S (Post 15519617)

:) the dealer’s clear bra installer likes bubbles.

If you got it at Hennessy, I used their guy years back and wasn't real happy with his work. My friend who recently bought a GT3RS from them has to have his PPF redone also. I only trust Derek at Atlanta Protective Films. He's done more than 10 cars for me, and all have been flawless.

wareaglescott 12-26-2018 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by adcampo (Post 15520473)
I'm sure the problem is related to my PSE DIY. I'm guessing it's a vacuum leak from a line or connector or a bad COV. Trying to keeping cool and patient in order to build some good will. The last thing I want is a big labor bill. I'm guessing since I got a coolant error and my heat stopped working it should be covered under the CPO. Just can't wait to hear the PSE and dog it some! I really want to try the Launch Control!

Thanks all and Merry Christmas!

I will be curious to hear how this works out.
You have mentioned you feel this problem is due to your DIY. Wont be surprised if that limits what they cover under CPO. I understand your frustration about having the car in the shop for a good portion of the time you have owned it but since you induced the issue with your DIY and it happened to line up with Xmas the delay seems understandable. Had they induced the error it seems like it would be more on them to fix it quickly. Good luck getting everything sorted. Let us know how it works out.

adcampo 12-27-2018 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by wareaglescott (Post 15522292)
I will be curious to hear how this works out.
You have mentioned you feel this problem is due to your DIY. Wont be surprised if that limits what they cover under CPO. I understand your frustration about having the car in the shop for a good portion of the time you have owned it but since you induced the issue with your DIY and it happened to line up with Xmas the delay seems understandable. Had they induced the error it seems like it would be more on them to fix it quickly. Good luck getting everything sorted. Let us know how it works out.

With the back drop of a big holiday and maybe December being a bad month to bring a car in for service, this all still seems very odd. I've owned a dozen new BMW's and never had an experience like this. Just saying.

Yes, I get the feeling like my car is not a priority because of the DIY PSE. However, that's still bad customer service. They should have to earn some good will too. Especially if they end up charging me.

Assuming I do have to pay hundreds of dollars or more for the repair, I would expect it would be resolved just as quickly as warranty work. I'll be happy in the end, if they end up pushing it through as CPO work even though it's related to my DIY, With the heater not working and the coolant error, seems like it's a bit more than just a vacuum line leaking.

Tomorrow (Friday) is the big day when the tech who can work on it will be back in. All will be forgotten and right in the world once I get my new car back and I can scream that PSE at WOT!

JW911 12-27-2018 10:55 AM

Fyi, my dealer installed my PSE. I had to return it to them a week later when the coolant warning came on. It was a loose vacuum line from the install they did.