Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/)
-   -   991.2 4 - Best Mods for under $5k (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1116531-991-2-4-best-mods-for-under-5k.html)

Jammy P Jaffers 12-04-2018 08:00 AM

991.2 4 - Best Mods for under $5k

Beyond the Cobb Stage 1 what else could you recommend for a C4 991.2 M with limited slip, sports mode and sports chassis? This won’t ever hit the track - but looking for a few “go fast” mods. Headers? Exhaust? Intercooler? Thanks!

PTS-BRG 12-04-2018 08:10 AM

Cats. Change the cats for the best bang for the buck, after the Cobb Tune.
Weight savings, sound improvement and increased HP in one shot. Change the cats.

Jammy P Jaffers 12-04-2018 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG (Post 15473693)
Weight savings, sound improvement and increased HP in one shot. Change the cats.

Puurrfect advice - any set of Cats I should swap to? Estimated cost of cats + labor? Much thanks

PTS-BRG 12-04-2018 08:23 AM

I had the Soul cats and loved them. I switched to a complete new exhaust that have proprietary cats so the Souls were sold.
I hear that Cargraphic makes a nice set. Soul Performance does too. I'm sure others will chime in, but essentially they all use the same cores so you can't make a wrong choice.

cosmo1 12-04-2018 08:39 AM

PTS-BRG I feel really bad the way you were treated on Boostaddict. Sticky and his boys run that circus show over there and are very biased when it comes to things. That guy is a real tool and an idiot to boot..
Back on subject, I just ordered the AMS Intercooler for my 991.2 and will do a review soon..

PTS-BRG 12-04-2018 08:47 AM

Thanks Cosmo, but in all seriousness I could care less. I post my "reviews" for everyone and with 3 members over there posting 99% of the responses, it makes ZERO difference to me what they say.
He's been banned everywhere except his own forum so let him rule his roost. He's the only one that reads it anyway :) Thanks for the support.

I'm not sure the OP needs intercoolers as that is a stage 3 mod and his car will never be tracked. It also wont make it go any faster, just keep it cooler in the event he goes all out.
Looking forward to your AMS review. Keep in mind AMS is a direct competition to the stuff Sticky sells so you wont get much support over there.

Guards_Red_991 12-04-2018 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG (Post 15473693)

This is the best advice! Just stay away from FabSpeed...

Bob Z. 12-04-2018 10:31 AM

I recently bought a pair of Soul Cats from Vivid Racing (talk to Austin) and after I get them installed Thursday I will be out about $2k, which is peanuts for what the end result will be. Search for "Soul" threads here for info, sound clips, etc. There are several that make the cats but most are 200 cell, which is what you want.

Jammy P Jaffers 12-04-2018 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Z. (Post 15473899)
I recently bought a pair of Soul Cats from Vivid Racing (talk to Austin) and after I get them installed Thursday I will be out about $2k, which is peanuts for what the end result will be. Search for "Soul" threads here for info, sound clips, etc. There are several that make the cats but most are 200 cell, which is what you want.

Thanks Bob will do! Sounds like it’s the Cobb Tuning plus Soul Cats FTW and I’ll be out around $4K with $1k left to spend on... hmmm. Gas? Lol

Soul Performance 12-04-2018 10:47 AM

Thank you everyone for the mentions!

Originally Posted by Bob Z. (Post 15473899)

I was wondering when your install would take place, Bob! :) We can't wait to hear your feedback!

Originally Posted by Jammy P Jaffers (Post 15473906)

Thanks Bob will do! Sounds like it’s the Cobb Tuning plus Soul Cats FTW and I’ll be out around $4K with $1k left to spend on... hmmm. Gas? Lol

Thank you for considering us! If you have any questions we're always here to help, give us a call!

-Mike

Bob Z. 12-04-2018 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Jammy P Jaffers (Post 15473906)

Always glad to help. If you talk to Austin tell him Bob Z. from Rennlist referred you, which may not help but it won't hurt. And I will be sure to post my thoughts after I drive home Thursday; however, I have already driven a car with the Soul cats, Fabspeed, and one other that I cannot recall now so I know what to expect.

fsmich 12-04-2018 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jammy P Jaffers (Post 15473682)
Beyond the Cobb Stage 1 what else could you recommend for a C4 991.2 M with limited slip, sports mode and sports chassis? This won’t ever hit the track - but looking for a few “go fast” mods. Headers? Exhaust? Intercooler? Thanks!

Do you have PSE? If not, I have a pair of AWE non-PSE sport cats looking for a home. They came off after 4000mi when I added the PSE/X51 kit. Really made a nice sound improvement to the NON-PSE exhaust. 1/2 off sale!
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...6a030739d8.jpg

Jammy P Jaffers 12-04-2018 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by fsmich (Post 15474074)
Do you have PSE? If not, I have a pair of AWE non-PSE sport cats looking for a home. They came off after 4000mi when I added the PSE/X51 kit. Really made a nice sound improvement to the NON-PSE exhaust. 1/2 off sale!
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...6a030739d8.jpg

I don’t have PSE - it’s a 4 (not S) with quad tips. As I am a bit of a noob to the 991.2 and modding in general - would this be in place of Soul Cats or this is just an exhaust? Difference between this exhaust and standard non PSE in the C4?

flsupraguy 12-04-2018 12:31 PM

AMS ic and hydra tune if you are in florida. The cobb ots sucked for my car and I picked up nearly 50 hp and tq over the cobb with a custom hydra tune.

luv2sleep 12-04-2018 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jammy P Jaffers (Post 15474096)

I don’t have PSE - it’s a 4 (not S) with quad tips. As I am a bit of a noob to the 991.2 and modding in general - would this be in place of Soul Cats or this is just an exhaust? Difference between this exhaust and standard non PSE in the C4?

I’m a noobe to Porsche myself and not a 100% sure but I don’t think Soul makes high flow Cats for non-PSE. You might want to double check with them.