Sponsored by:

991 50th Anniv

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 07:16 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 125 Posts
Default 991 50th Anniv

On the hunt for a 50th Anniversary edition. Does anyone have a list of what came standard on the car and what was available as options?

Looking for one of the Geyser or Graphite, 7 MT, sport seats in agate w/ pepita and suspension upgrades (i.e. was PASM standard? How about PDCC?)

Thanks!

Last edited by GBX; 12-01-2018 at 11:44 PM.
Old 11-30-2018, 07:56 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Old 11-30-2018, 09:01 PM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 87 Posts

There’s one for sale in the Marketplace....$107K OBO.
Old 11-30-2018, 11:15 PM
Cysco
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GBX
On the hunt for a 50th Anniversary edition. Does anyone have a list of what came standard on the car and what was available as options?

Looking for one of the Geyser or Graphite, sport seats in agate w/ pepita and suspension upgrades (i.e. was PASM standard? How about PDCC?)

Thanks!
Recently took delivery of a Geyser Grey 50a. (PDCC, SPASM, 18-way seats, PDK)

The cars came pretty well sorted as stock. basically GTS level options. The main stock features of note on a 50a are the Power kit (430hp) Sport Exhaust sport chrono, PASM and all the cosmetic changes (wide body fenders, wheels, cloth inserts, green gauge numbers, full leather dash etc.)

Beyond that though, everything else was an option like a normal 911. Major things to look at/for:

Sport PASM - Option
PDCC - Option
Various Dirvers assists (lane change assist, active cruse control, park assist, enter and go)- Options
Headlight Upgrades - Option
Sunroof metal or glass - Option
18-way seats - Option
Seat heating - Option
Seat Cooling - Not an option (unless you deleted houndstooth fabric and went with full leather)
Various Stereo Upgrades- Option
Steering wheel multi-function - Option

FWIW, I was like you and wanted one with 18-way seats, SPASM, PDCC and no sunroof. Now that I found one, I can say it was worth the wait. These cars are absolutely amazing. In person they are stunning. I really think it's the best looking 911 Porsche has made in some time. I highly reccomend getting one. Just do yourself a favor and wait for the right one.
Old 11-30-2018, 11:26 PM
chance
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 29 Posts

Road Scholars has a graphite and a geyser for sale.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:07 AM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by SoCal C2S
There’s one for sale in the Marketplace....$107K OBO.
Looking for a manual but thanks.
Originally Posted by Cysco
Recently took delivery of a Geyser Grey 50a. (PDCC, SPASM, 18-way seats, PDK)

The cars came pretty well sorted as stock. basically GTS level options. The main stock features of note on a 50a are the Power kit (430hp) Sport Exhaust sport chrono, PASM and all the cosmetic changes (wide body fenders, wheels, cloth inserts, green gauge numbers, full leather dash etc.)

Beyond that though, everything else was an option like a normal 911. Major things to look at/for:

Sport PASM - Option
PDCC - Option
Various Dirvers assists (lane change assist, active cruse control, park assist, enter and go)- Options
Headlight Upgrades - Option
Sunroof metal or glass - Option
18-way seats - Option
Seat heating - Option
Seat Cooling - Not an option (unless you deleted houndstooth fabric and went with full leather)
Various Stereo Upgrades- Option
Steering wheel multi-function - Option

FWIW, I was like you and wanted one with 18-way seats, SPASM, PDCC and no sunroof. Now that I found one, I can say it was worth the wait. These cars are absolutely amazing. In person they are stunning. I really think it's the best looking 911 Porsche has made in some time. I highly reccomend getting one. Just do yourself a favor and wait for the right one.
Great info. Do all adaptive sport seats have leather backs instead of plastic on the 50th?

Originally Posted by chance
Road Scholars has a graphite and a geyser for sale.
That’s a beautiful example. I contacted them. Any idea on price?
Old 12-01-2018, 10:18 AM
Cysco
Racer

Originally Posted by GBX

Great info. Do all adaptive sport seats have leather backs instead of plastic on the 50th?

Standard option for 18-way seat backs would be the silver plastic. If the car has leather backs, it would have been an option (and a pretty expensive one at that) FWIW, from what I was seeing when looking for mine, the average MSRP for an ordered 50a was likely in the mid $130k USD range (basically $10k worth of options) with some approaching $140k. If you find one that had a MSRP of $140+ that original owner cheked a LOT of boxes.

EDIT:
Just looked at the graphite one at roadscholars. It checks all your boxes. MSRP of $137k. They're asking $128,500 for it which seems a bit high. It is beautiful though EXCEPT FOR THE GIANT COFFEE STAIN on the passenger's seat! Ugh, what a shame. Not the complete end of the world as you can get the fabric replaced, but still a bummer.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:14 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Isringhausen has one.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:55 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cysco
Standard option for 18-way seat backs would be the silver plastic. If the car has leather backs, it would have been an option (and a pretty expensive one at that) FWIW, from what I was seeing when looking for mine, the average MSRP for an ordered 50a was likely in the mid $130k USD range (basically $10k worth of options) with some approaching $140k. If you find one that had a MSRP of $140+ that original owner cheked a LOT of boxes.

EDIT:
Just looked at the graphite one at roadscholars. It checks all your boxes. MSRP of $137k. They're asking $128,500 for it which seems a bit high. It is beautiful though EXCEPT FOR THE GIANT COFFEE STAIN on the passenger's seat! Ugh, what a shame. Not the complete end of the world as you can get the fabric replaced, but still a bummer.
Wow. Thanks. Didn't notice the stain. Thanks for pointing that out!! What do you feel is the right price for this one?

Originally Posted by evilfij
Isringhausen has one.
Its nice but would prefer agate gray over black leather.

Anyone know anything about this one? Was the ducktail an option on the 50th? Seems like a steal although buying from a random dealership does make me nervous. Cant tell if its grey or black leather either from the pics.

https://www.ultimomotors.com/invento...ab2a99es122021
Old 12-01-2018, 07:37 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 228 Posts

Ducktail was not an option on the 50th. It was an option on the GTS year later. Looks like someone retrofitted a duck to a 50th. I would inquire to see if the original spoiler is available. If not, that could be a huge negotiating point as its not original.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:27 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 400 Posts

http://www.auto-brochures.com/makes/...11_50_2014.pdf

http://www.auto-brochures.com/makes/..._50_2014-2.pdf
Old 12-01-2018, 09:58 PM
Cysco
Racer

The one with the stain on the seat? I'd say it's 10-15k overpriced. If I were considreing it, I'd definitely look into what it'd cost to have those stained fabric pieces replaced. I know there's a company on here that has a lot of OEM houndstooth fabric that you could purchase and have a high-end upholstery shop replace them. You'd have to dig around for that.

The one at Ultimo is really nice. That's a solid price. That car is an example of someone "checking all the boxes" MSRP of $148,xxx! That interior is the black/silver, not the Agate grey. You could enquire about an aftermarket warranty. Ultimo is fairly reputable I believe.

Edit:
as far as the ducktail. Like mentioned above, it's not original and wasn't offered on the 50a. I personally don't like it, but I could see how someone would. If you like it, go for it!
Old 12-02-2018, 12:20 AM
GBX
Rennlist Member

What’s everyone’s feeling on the 18 way seats? Am I settling for a car with standard sport seats? The 18 ways are def better but the standard seats do have a bit of a more retro feel to them in a way.
Old 12-02-2018, 01:16 AM
dchang81
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 28 Posts

Is roadscholars reliable? That coffee stain would be a deal breaker, is it not possible to get a replacement?
Old 12-02-2018, 06:39 PM
chance
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by dchang81
Is roadscholars reliable? That coffee stain would be a deal breaker, is it not possible to get a replacement?
not a stain that’s a strange reflection. No affiliation but they sell the best of the best. Purchased my 67 912 and a gt4 from. Amazing group of people.

Quick Reply: 991 50th Anniv