Hazard lights/door lock button not working - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 991
Reload this Page >

Hazard lights/door lock button not working

Notices
Sponsored by:

Hazard lights/door lock button not working

Old 11-24-2018, 12:36 PM
be_cuey
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Hazard lights/door lock button not working

as stated in the title my hazard button/door lock button stopped working after unplugging the button. Does anyone know if a battery unplug would fix that or what tool is needed to reset this switch?

My battery is only 2 years old
Old 03-14-2019, 11:18 PM
mgordon18
Addict
Rennlist Member

Bringing this thread back from the dead...

This exact thing seems to be happening to me too. I'm not sure if it started after I DIY replaced my battery a few months ago or after my dealer installed PSE a few weeks ago, but not only do the hazard button and lock buttons not work, their backlights don't even work at night. They seem to be completely disconnected.

Is this a programming thing or a physical connection that needs to be re-connected?

Last edited by mgordon18; 03-14-2019 at 11:53 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:43 AM
mgordon18
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well that was easy. I fixed it myself in the last 20 minutes. God, I love the internet.

Thanks to Plenum's writeups (again!) and a video from MacCarbon, I was able to pull apart the console and find that the stupid switches were unplugged. Great work installing my PSE button, Paul Miller! Grrrrrr.

I plugged it back in, buttoned everything back up and, voila - it all works again.

Feels great to fix it myself. DIY FTW!
Old 03-15-2019, 05:38 AM
Porsche_nuts
Super User

Glad you fixed it. Big thumbs down to Paul Miller. I had this one sales guy call me when I was shopping my Porsche - rudest guy ever, a real dick.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: