Sponsored by:

Giving Dealer Spec for first Porsche in the Morning

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 07:02 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 330 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
I also like how on GT silver, you get the silver seat hardbacks on the 4 way and 18 way seats. Some hate the plastic silver backs but I liked it for a more sporty touch to match GT silver. On another exterior color, I would opt for leather backs or go 14 way which has the faux leather backs. You can also eliminate the plastic silver seatbacks on the 4/18 ways I think.
Went back and looked at the build photos and the silver is very obvious. No idea how I missed this as I've stared at the photos quite a bit. Duh. In the photos, at least, I kind of like it. Although I totally agree that if it was not a silver exterior, it would probably look a bit off to me.

Thanks again for mentioning that as I will probably still go and check it out in person, just to be sure. Assuming, that is, that there's an inexpensive way to remove it. If not, then I'll like it well enough.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:28 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by V999
Went back and looked at the build photos and the silver is very obvious. No idea how I missed this as I've stared at the photos quite a bit. Duh. In the photos, at least, I kind of like it. Although I totally agree that if it was not a silver exterior, it would probably look a bit off to me.

Thanks again for mentioning that as I will probably still go and check it out in person, just to be sure. Assuming, that is, that there's an inexpensive way to remove it. If not, then I'll like it well enough.
No worries - I maybe wasn't clear that the 4 and 18 way sport seats plus on the 991 come with the standard silver plastic hardbacks *regardless of exterior color* You can delete the silver plastic with a leather covered option if it bothers you

So I personally liked the hardbacks on a GT Silver car as I thought it matched nicely, but on any other colored car it would have bothered me. 14 way seats have faux leather all the way around so they are pure black. For comfort I found personally 4 way > 18 way > 14 way but ended up with the 14 way on my pre-configured C4
Old 11-09-2018, 01:37 PM
DY369
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I can tell you one thing......you won't get it right the first time. It takes time in the car to realize what you wish you had or did not need.

I'm on my 3rd and there are still things I wish I would have changed. The 4th will be "just right"
Old 11-09-2018, 02:14 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DY369
I can tell you one thing......you won't get it right the first time. It takes time in the car to realize what you wish you had or did not need.

I'm on my 3rd and there are still things I wish I would have changed. The 4th will be "just right"
A fourth is a little hard to imagine for me right now.

I think I have most or all of what I've prioritized in this build. Still, as you say, until I have seat time in it, I don't know what I don't know.

I'm going to visit the dealership (or two), sit in different types of seats, and take longer looks at the leather vs. alcantara. And take measurements of the front end to see if I can trip away the FAL, although I'll be very surprised if I can.

Old 11-09-2018, 03:14 PM
OliverK68
Burning Brakes

Received 377 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by V999
Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

I've modified some stuff and sent to the dealer: http://www.porsche-code.com/PKPTWJC1

It's not quite yet set in stone, and I realize I have some time, after the order is submitted, to make changes. But I think the above is pretty close to everything I feel I really want.

I think.
Looks good. Glad you included premium pkg as a min.

One thing they they don’t tell you about Car Connect. If you don’t have premium pkg plus, the app will let you view the status of your door locks, but won’t let you operate them from your phone. Something to consider if that’s important to you.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:02 PM
dkhm3
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 49 Posts

congrats! I too have one on order but a c2s. I wanted pdk and my gts build would have been over my budget

nice build, I too focused on the performance- and kept my interior plain... went over my initial budget too.

I was thinking about putting the guards red belts, and a red sport chrono watch, but I looked at some used 991.1's with that red and the interior seems more dated. The classic black does age better I think.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:40 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by OliverK68

Looks good. Glad you included premium pkg as a min.

One thing they they don’t tell you about Car Connect. If you don’t have premium pkg plus, the app will let you view the status of your door locks, but won’t let you operate them from your phone. Something to consider if that’s important to you.
That's useful to know. Not sure, though, how much I'd really use the phone to manipulate the door locks (vs. the key).

There's a kind of confusing thing in the configurator w/the 18-way premium plus packages. One ($1550) lists auto dimming mirrors, seat heating, entry & drive, light-design pkg, and 18-way seats. The other ($2160) lists all that stuff, but adds seat ventilation and says it's add LED headlights w/PDLS+. But it doesn't add the LED lights, at least not from what I can tell in the summary. So the flyover hint description is apparently incorrect.

So I called the dealer, in the midst of writing this reply. He confirmed there's an error, for GTS's at least. He tried a C2 and the package works correctly, including the LED.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:51 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dkhm3
congrats! I too have one on order but a c2s. I wanted pdk and my gts build would have been over my budget

nice build, I too focused on the performance- and kept my interior plain... went over my initial budget too.

I was thinking about putting the guards red belts, and a red sport chrono watch, but I looked at some used 991.1's with that red and the interior seems more dated. The classic black does age better I think.
Congrats on yours as well? First Porsche?

I was just playing with various thing to add some color to the interior. To be honest, the more I played, the more I liked it as is, without adding different colors. I'm leaning towards switching to the Premium Plus package and the leather seating (not full leather interior though). That gets me a couple other options bundled, and I think saves a little bit in doing so. Plus a leather steering wheel.

Otherwise, I think I'm pretty happy with the build as is.

For now.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:35 PM
whojoemama
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by P4H
Mainly because the cabin is noisy at speed and it’s hard to tell the difference.
confirmed
Old 11-10-2018, 12:37 AM
JR1946
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

V999, here are a few suggestions you could consider for about the same $: http://www.porsche-code.com/PK72AQS2

I ordered my (first) Porsche 911 GTS coupe 991.2 and after a 4 month wait it arrived at the end of April ... You will be totally amazed with your 911!
JR1946

Quick Reply: Giving Dealer Spec for first Porsche in the Morning