Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Numbers...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 01:19 AM
seis-speed
Pro

Received 426 Likes on 186 Posts

Anyone know how much longer we can order a 2019 Carrera T?

Any guesses on end of production?
Old 11-02-2018, 01:30 AM
TexZen
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by seis-speed

I apparently squeaked one in last Friday, there was definitely some doubt in my and my SA's part that it would happen. I'd call your local/trusty Porsche SA and see what you can do.

Last edited by TexZen; 11-02-2018 at 01:31 AM. Reason: in, not ON
Old 11-02-2018, 02:20 AM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Great data, thanks!
Leaving Carrera T and Carrera 50th edition as a separate lines here is how it looks like by model designation sorted by numbers:

Old 11-02-2018, 03:13 AM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

Thanks for the feedback, fellas! I've pm'd a few of you, and again, this info is all out there... And constantly changing! Just overnight for example, 7 more Ts added to bring it up to 627 at this point. Love it!

Some interesting numbers for sure. Especially when you compare the lower ones to some equally low ones in other years when Porsche wasn't producing the number of cars they are today. Time will tell! For me, and some of you too, it is also interesting to see how Porsche markets and emphasizes things in order to get to, and increase, their bottom line. A business, in the end, and glad they are still making these great tools for our use. Personally I love the history and other aspects they manipulate in what they do. I consciously buy into the hype...

Have a great weekend, everyone.

S
Old 11-02-2018, 04:32 AM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts

As soon as .1 and .2 will be separated the numbers will be totally different.

Cannot compare production number for only .2 cars with common model between .1 and .2

Old 11-02-2018, 09:15 AM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 385 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by nilaz
As soon as .1 and .2 will be separated the numbers will be totally different.

Cannot compare production number for only .2 cars with common model between .1 and .2
I believe you'll be right. Loess and I will be seperating total 991 GT car production in our stats and everyone will see the difference.

For example, when the 997.2 facelift came out it coincided with the economic crisis and Porsche did not make as many as intended, nor were sales great.
Old 11-02-2018, 12:33 PM
Copperhead37
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

What is really mind blowing for me is looking at these lower production number models and applying an average scrapage rate of 2.5 percent to estimate number of survivors in 20 years when these cars are antiques. The results produce extremely low numbers for several models.

Disclaimer: the scrapage rate changes year to year. From 2009 to 2017 it has increased by 23%. To 5.3% because of the yearly fluctuations I personally use 2.5% this is not a exact number or result. Rather a general average/estimate over any given 20 year period that tends to provide a reasonable result.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:02 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 700 Likes on 511 Posts

Originally Posted by Copperhead37
What is really mind blowing for me is looking at these lower production number models and applying an average scrapage rate of 2.5 percent to estimate number of survivors in 20 years when these cars are antiques. The results produce extremely low numbers for several models.

Disclaimer: the scrapage rate changes year to year. From 2009 to 2017 it has increased by 23%. To 5.3% because of the yearly fluctuations I personally use 2.5% this is not a exact number or result. Rather a general average/estimate over any given 20 year period that tends to provide a reasonable result.
Higher rate for scrapping a car might be because of the 996 IMS issue where maybe 3-5% of the total production of those cars were a lemon. Might be higher than 5%? From 1999 until 2009? 10 years of it for a high production model?

It seems that older cars are being rescued more and more due to appreciation, the first few series of 911s, 912s, 944s, 968s, 928s and 914s
Old 11-02-2018, 01:20 PM
Copperhead37
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Good point. I also think some of it is do to the cash for clunkers push that happened in the 2009 -2010 time frame. Combined with the recession. I forgot to add this data was for USA only. I got my research from the insurance institute.
The current Delta between a regular Cayman vs a Cayman R is pretty significant. I am hedging my bets that if the rest of the models in the 600 unit production range continue to remain in low production thru the 992 variant. Then long term ownership of the models should turn out to be a nice thing for the owners of those models.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:21 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 404 Likes on 289 Posts
Default amazing numbers

My last 911 (A 1990 handmade targa) was with me for 15 years and the total production number was 158. Im sure one day i will regret selling the old oil spitting camel. I think its great there a boat load of S cars floating around as perhaps it will spurn a wave of talented indies who can allow us to forgo the contentious relationships dealers perpetuate. Hard to believe 24k total 991s floating around, I guess they are mostly sealed in airtight bubbles in climate controlled garages. It would really be interesting to see how rare vehicles are by option code. Perhaps big data or even PCNA one day will serve this to owners as they are deciding on options.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:22 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,364 Likes on 2,307 Posts

Originally Posted by seis-speed

Your SA can tell you exactly how many allocations of a particular 911 variant are available, and he can probably trade for what he does not have, depending on the dealer of course.

In respect to the numbers, "...Klaus Zellmer, President and CEO of PCNA, on Nov. 1 at Porsche Salt Lake City, one of the oldest Porsche dealerships in the U.S. “About 70 percent of all Porsche cars ever made are still on the road today,” said Zellmer. “The high-quality work of our technicians helps keep them going. We want to recognize our employees’ loyalty and expertise, which have such an important impact on the Porsche customer experience.”
Old 11-05-2018, 09:23 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Your SA can tell you exactly how many allocations of a particular 911 variant are available, and he can probably trade for what he does not have, depending on the dealer of course.

In respect to the numbers, "...Klaus Zellmer, President and CEO of PCNA, on Nov. 1 at Porsche Salt Lake City, one of the oldest Porsche dealerships in the U.S. “About 70 percent of all Porsche cars ever made are still on the road today,” said Zellmer. “The high-quality work of our technicians helps keep them going. We want to recognize our employees’ loyalty and expertise, which have such an important impact on the Porsche customer experience.”
With all the Porsche SUVs out there in the mass market, daily driver Mecans and Cayennes, that number will fall rapidly. I don't see that 4 cyl loaner Mecan (as nice as it was) being a long term keeper. Did he exclude SUVs in his number?
Old 11-05-2018, 10:03 PM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by PJ Cayenne
With all the Porsche SUVs out there in the mass market, daily driver Mecans and Cayennes, that number will fall rapidly. I don't see that 4 cyl loaner Mecan (as nice as it was) being a long term keeper. Did he exclude SUVs in his number?
Did not get your point...It's all about cars still being on the road. Ownership change is not in the equation.

As for the models on the road, there are more SUVs out there, but at least around where I daily drive my 911 I see couple of 911s (mostly 991s) pretty much everyday. So it does not feel like "they are mostly sealed in airtight bubbles in climate controlled garages"- like Bud's saying. And sure I see Caymans and Boxsters more often than 911s.

Back to numbers, it would be really interesting to see 991.1 vs 991.2 split.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:16 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 700 Likes on 511 Posts

I see lots of 991s as daily drivers in Atlanta....

It is amazing though how many Macans are out there....

Mostly women drivers in Macans versus men that seem to have Cayennes....love to see the gender purchases data breakdown on the SUVs...

Mostly men with the sport cars except for Boxsters...

So I guess an all woman household in today's world would be a Boxster and Macan)
Old 11-06-2018, 10:08 AM
slocumda@yahoo.com
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Percentage of Cabs built

Thank you SS for this information.
I am blown away with the number of Cabs built. Excluding the GT's, T, and other special addition models, with a total of 48,755 built, 19,804 were Cabs - 41%! I can't think of any other manufacturer that sells that many convertibles percentage wise.
Astonishingly, the GT3's production figures 4,542 are almost as much as the Turbo, Turbo Cab and Turbo S Cab combined at 5,172! Foolishly I've always thought the GT3's were more rare but instead just more expensive, coveted and sought after but not hard to find or buy.

Quick Reply: Numbers...