Sponsored by:

How to spec a T?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 10:51 AM
dcottam
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
I wonder if anyone had the guts to get a stripped down T with 0 options. I guess buckets and pccb is -2 options because they both shave weight
I went LWB, PCCB, Smokers Package, Cargo Net and Fire Extinguisher - that is it. (oh - and Miami Blue).
Old 10-22-2018, 11:26 AM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by dcottam
I went LWB, PCCB, Smokers Package, Cargo Net and Fire Extinguisher - that is it. (oh - and Miami Blue).
Sweet! Doesn't get much lighter/simpler than that from the factory...

S
Old 10-22-2018, 02:39 PM
Copperhead37
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

ADD POWER GO STRAIGHT FAST. ADD LIGHTNESS GO EVERYWHERE FAST- quote by Colin Chapman founder of Lotus Cars.

The T technical sheet from Porsche says it weighs 3,142 pounds
replace exhaust with Kline iconel, replace wheels with Carbon revolution, replace battery with antigravity RS30- reduce weight of car to 3000 pounds.
The tech sheet on the RSR cup car says it weighs 2740 pounds. So three simple mods to your T (if speced lightly when purchased) and you are potentially 260 pounds shy of race car weight while still maintaining daily driving street ability. I think this makes the T an amazingly good platform.

Last edited by Copperhead37; 10-22-2018 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-22-2018, 04:36 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by S S
Nick "Not Even Close To A Professional Driver" Murray's Take On Some Things (and yeah, I get it is an apples to oranges comparo; still fruit, however):
https://youtu.be/cP2E9YIA5sU
Lunch. Ate. These cars are more than just pure numbers and percentages. They're feelings. If statistics is what drives your love of a street car, then have at it. Not for me to say.
We know you love your CJC Option w/X51 kit car, mano. Happy for you. You post about it loud and often; even in threads that have nothing to do with it, you know, like this one... Good for you. But between this post and then your trolling on the PSP follow-on one... To each their own. Ultimately, as was pointed out to you fairly nicely in a response given your questioning someone's manhood based on a fricken build option, that is what matters in the end. Thanks!
S
Sorry those were not the options i was talking about. I was talking about a C2S with X51 and P3P, not a GTS or C4S. This is the hot set up for the money and it's $13 k more than the T. The S is only 33.lbs heavier than the T, manual or PD according to curb weights published on Porsche.com 33 lbs lower curb weight is not an advantage, when you look at the huge increases in power and torque. The P3P Sport Pkg is available on the S but not the T. No mention of Sport Pkg, which is the hot performance option. P3P is a better value than the X51 option, but both are nice to have and are affordable. The Porsche test team found the PDCC and RAS included in the P3P Sport Pkg gave a 30 second lap time improvement on the Nordschleife. That's huge, by any measure. So unless the buyer's budget is maxed out with a stripper T, it is not the hottest choice. It's a great sports car, because its a 991.2 Carrera, but it's not what I'd call a lightweight. That's not trolling, it's just facts often ignored.
The manual tranny 400 Hp 991.1 C2S Coupe thati recently traded was fun to drive, and 111 lbs lighter than the manual T. And it had a more responsive engine. That doesn't mean i think it was better than these 991.2s.
Nuff said. I rest my case and will move on.

Last edited by PCA1983; 10-22-2018 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-22-2018, 06:17 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

I don’t know, you can’t get LWB on an S or GTS. If it was like the rest of the world and North America could get folding buckets that would be a non-issue. Sure an S with X51 is faster (and a lot more money, apples to apples), but with that thinking you should be buying a GT2RS. But you can get PTS and LTS on an S. Porsche slices things real thin, but at the same time makes it so you can’t quite get it your way. Lol.

If I we’re specing a T it would be LWB, model designation delete, stickers delete, autodim, fire extinguisher, free leather dash/console trim, multifunction wheel (so I could swap in a wood MF wheel for the mandatory alcantara wheel that you have to get to get LWB). With the LWB you don’t get the sporttex seats so T interior package is a lot of money for not much stitching, plus I dislike deviated stitching. . If I was looking to spend more money on the interior I’d get leather interior and leather vents and vent slats.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:21 AM
991.two
Racer

Received 122 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by rkwfxd
T Interior
LWB
MT
RAS
PCCB
Fire Extinguisher

Upon arrival remove the speakers and replace the radio with a storage bin.
Any one know if you get a CEL or whatever code if you remove the radio / nav assembly?
Old 10-23-2018, 04:14 PM
Copperhead37
Instructor

I think you can code it with PIWIS. Porsche leaves it as an option everywhere but the US TO ADD BACK IN. So they must be codeing it at the factory.
Old 10-23-2018, 04:15 PM
Copperhead37
Instructor

Suncoast is already selling the replacement cubby as well. So it has to be an easy adjustment.

Quick Reply: How to spec a T?