Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey COBB Tuning! Get in here! 991.2 Questions and Feedback.

Old 12-09-2018, 03:33 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,180 Likes on 622 Posts

Just on a side note, the COBB access port is so easy to data log. Plug it in, push the button. I was on a very long private road, closed to the public, where I can run from 100km/hr upto 200km/hr.

It's a perfect 4th gear pull. Push button on COBB, and roll on the throttle, and when I approach redline, just push the button again to stop logging. Wash rinse repeat. Never had to mess around and save or do anything.

Just keep starting and stopping the logs. Got home, plugged into computer, opened the Access Manager, and all the logs were there, numbered. Very easy and handy.

So here is the bit that really has my interest.......My car is fast......really fast.....A morning at the track just a casual happy laps to end the year. I took down several R35 GTR's, and GT3, and an AMG E63S with Stage 1 tune, just to name a few.

So my car is FAST. But the logs are saying, that even though I am pushing the pedal through the floor (100%) pedal, the ECU is backing off the throttle, because Boost Targets are being exceeded. I want you to think about that for a moment. You target a boost level, and the mods on the car have spooled the turbo up and easily exceeded the boost target, and the ECU feels its not necessary for so much throttle, to get there.
Does this bring a smile to anyone elses face?

If the car is this fast with it not opening the throttle fully, how fast will it be at full throttle? If the car easily exceeds target boost, should we perhaps raise that target?

I have been comparing to others with similar mods......at this point in time, it appears to be the Vektor Headers that are making the biggest difference. But time will tell, especially when Pro-Tuning is released and we can stat playing seriously.

I am just an impatient S.O.B. I know. It will come, and I will love it. I ordered Akra cats and they said 6 weeks, so I walk down to my lobby and see if they have arrived yet, its only been 4 and a half lol.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:19 PM
COBB Tuning
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 185 Likes on 94 Posts

Hey guys, figured I would come chime in and let you know we are acutely aware of this thread and your complaints regarding the lack of Stage 2 OTS maps and ATP support. Bottom line- we're resource strapped and doing the absolute best we can to push out both of those projects as quickly as possible. The original goal was to have ATP released (along with Stage 2 OTS) within 90 days of the original release date of the three new part numbers on June 19th which is why the original message we communicated was "soon" or "not too long". Unfortunately, we've missed that target by far at this point and realistically, will be roughly double that goal by the time we release. Without going into too many of the nitty-gritty details, the delays have been caused by various factors both within the specific Porsche development group but also within the greater COBB team. As a company, we're working towards reducing our time to market for all of our products but during the transition, we're experiencing significant growing pains.

If it were as easy as "just push it out and release it" we most certainly would have by now but we have very specific processes that must be followed to ensure the product is fully functional and able to be used properly by our network of ProTuners and by you, the end user. The good news is we are finally nearing the end of the development process- including final Stage 2 OTS map development here in house in Austin and buildable beta test copies of ATP. However, and for the part you're all going to less than enthused to hear- we'll still have to finish QA testing and marketing prep before either can be officially released. Combine that scheduling with the holiday season and the best case scenario for a release right now looks to be the third week of January with a more realistic release date of the last week of January for ATP support. If possible, we'll push out the Stage 2 OTS map release sometime before that but it almost certainly will be after the first of the year as well. Obviously we wish this wasn't the case but you've been clamoring for an update and that's the best I can provide for now.

As always, if you have something you'd like to discuss further, feel free to reach out to us directly. As with many other aspects of our growing pains, our forum presence is down as we're simply stretched too thin to properly monitor each and every thread COBB is mentioned in anymore in a timely manner, but it's something else we're working to improve as well. I'll do my best to keep an eye on this thread for responses/questions but please feel free to email me directly.

Thank you for your patience, I know we're doing an excellent job of wearing it thin.

~~~ Jared
COBB Porsche Product Owner
jared.bronson@cobbtuning.com

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM | GRANT | HJ | ANDREW | JARED
COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE |CONTACT US

Old 12-10-2018, 07:19 PM
Mark Jolley
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Track Season is done here. So January isn’t a stretch.

I’m waiting. 4 Point 0
Old 12-10-2018, 08:25 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 621 Likes on 340 Posts

My only complaint COBB is that you needed to be saying this 5 months ago, not now. You certainly knew one month after the initial release that you had no shot of making the 90 day timeline. We are now at 6 months and you are still saying another 2 months from Now!

Only after people are considering asking for refunds and literally uninstalling their Cobb Tune for competitors do you come to the boards to respond and update. It's too little too late.

Personally, I am traveling for the Holidays and the car is essentially locked away for the winter so I am going to wait until the very last day of January for the release. But, come Feb 1st you can bet I will be calling for a full refund because it isn't about me needing pro tuning or stage 2, its about broken promises and taking my money based on your company reputation and forecasted release dates that weren't a little late but, egregiously inaccurate. And to add insult to injury, you continued to say soon and any day now knowing full well you didn't even have a car to test. That's BS.

So, I'm going to call your bluff and afford you the full time frame you stated for "a more realistic release date of the last week of January for ATP support"

If you can't make this final deadline then you don't deserve my money. Plenty of tuners already cracking ECUs and offering what you still cannot..
Old 12-10-2018, 08:50 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

No no! Please do get into the "nitty gritty" details.

Is there something you know that we don't? Such as a design flaw? Go ahead and spit it out, its not going to hurt feelings. If the car is unable to perform due to restricted air flow or something please let us know.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:40 PM
COBB Tuning
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 185 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
My only complaint COBB is that you needed to be saying this 5 months ago, not now. You certainly knew one month after the initial release that you had no shot of making the 90 day timeline. We are now at 6 months and you are still saying another 2 months from Now!

Only after people are considering asking for refunds and literally uninstalling their Cobb Tune for competitors do you come to the boards to respond and update. It's too little too late.

Personally, I am traveling for the Holidays and the car is essentially locked away for the winter so I am going to wait until the very last day of January for the release. But, come Feb 1st you can bet I will be calling for a full refund because it isn't about me needing pro tuning or stage 2, its about broken promises and taking my money based on your company reputation and forecasted release dates that weren't a little late but, egregiously inaccurate. And to add insult to injury, you continued to say soon and any day now knowing full well you didn't even have a car to test. That's BS.

So, I'm going to call your bluff and afford you the full time frame you stated for "a more realistic release date of the last week of January for ATP support"

If you can't make this final deadline then you don't deserve my money. Plenty of tuners already cracking ECUs and offering what you still cannot..

Actually- we didn't know 30 days in we weren't going to make the deadline. We didn't know 60 days in. We knew about 2 weeks before the 90 day deadline we wouldn't hit it, and we were hopeful we would only be delayed two weeks. This isn't an exact science, neither the development process nor our release schedule/process. As I alluded to in my previous response there are many other things going on at COBB- not just this ATP or Stage 2 OTS map development- time schedules change, priorities change, fires have to be put out, resources are retasked. We do our very best to release as quickly as possible and the very last thing we try to do is miss a firm release date- which is why we've never posted a firm one before. Obviously we all wanted "soon" to be closer than 6 months but what's done is done.

As for you feeling like we've personally broken promises to you PTS-BRG, the only thing I can offer you at this point is an apology. At some point I feel like we've even emailed directly as your screen name is familiar but perhaps I'm incorrect. Regardless- forum posts are not something I'm personally able to track on a regular basis anymore with the additional tasks and duties I've taken on with changing roles so again, the fastest and easiest way to get an answer from us is to email us directly. Be it to my personal email or the support email at support@cobbtuning.com or via phone at 866-922-3059. I'm happy to keep you updated on as frequent a basis as you feel is required- just shoot me an email. Obviously it would have sounded a bit like a broken record for awhile- but if that's what it takes- then so be it. Our CSR staff frequently asks for updates regarding both of these releases (among many others), they field emails and phone calls daily about it, and to the best of my knowledge they've been passing on the updates I give them when they come to my office to ask- which is as truthful and accurate as it can be.

Last- as for the presence of the GTS being some sign that we're just now able to complete the Stage 2 OTS project- the access to the car wasn't the delay. The delay has been caused by countless other higher priority issues, projects, and resource availability. I realize that may not be what you want to hear- but that's the cold hard truth. We have a backlog of projects that we need to complete around not only our highest priorities, some of which have been waiting far longer than Stage 2 OTS (such as the much maligned Macan release that was over 6 months delayed as well), but around the company's highest priority projects and most importantly, available engineering resources. We could have had the vehicle availability of the final GTS testing we're doing now months ago- like we originally hoped to- but we physically couldn't get a body in the car and the car on a dyno until now. It's kinda pointless to have a car sit around our shop being told "we only need it for one more week, we only need it for one more week, we only need it for one more week" over and over and over. I assure you- it's still a failure on our part and we're well aware of it but we do our very best to be as open and honest with all of our release information as possible. Do we need better forum support as well? Absolutely, you can count that one as a failure too.

Originally Posted by Psorcery

Is there something you know that we don't? Such as a design flaw? Go ahead and spit it out, its not going to hurt feelings. If the car is unable to perform due to restricted air flow or something please let us know.
Uhhhhhh...nope??? The nitty-gritty details involve a whole lotta Agile speak, story points, and sprints- not technical issues or failures with the vehicles. Unless of course you know someone who can stare at lines of code for 8 hours a day, decipher them into usable table information, and then code that back into functional 3D graphs in our software, and wants to move to Austin, TX. We're desperately in need of about 20 more of those, and we've been searching for years, so you can count that one as a performance restriction if you'd like.

Really guys- there isn't some huge conspiracy, or us lying to you, or not caring, or not realizing the lost business, or really anything else. It boils down to time, and resources. It's literally two guys, you all know their names- Mitch and Joe (they're in the background waving but not typing because they are no longer allowed to respond to threads like this anymore because it takes up too much of their time), doing all of this primary development work. Jon, our lead Porsche calibrator, is also in the middle of one other huge project and about 5 other smaller ones. There are only so many hours in a day, and only so much understanding from wives, kids, friends, and bosses about ridiculously long hours worked. Even then- there's a point where they both have to wait for other things in the company to happen before they can continue with their work. Is it the best situation? Absolutely not. Is it 100% the most important challenge COBB is attacking every single day. Absolutely. We hate disappointing our customer base with our ridiculously slow releases across all of our platforms and we have a strategy in place to relieve the pressure and resolve the issue in time. However, we're in the middle of the bottleneck still and until we work our way through it- these types of growing pains will continue.

There ya go- nitty-gritty details.

And yes- I'm totally serious. Want to be part of the solution? Check out our job openings here- pass them along to friends, family, anyone you even remotely think would be interested:

https://www.cobbtuning.com/career/ec...gineer-austin/

https://www.cobbtuning.com/career/scrum-master-ii/

~~~Jared
Old 12-11-2018, 01:00 AM
TXGold
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
Actually- we didn't know 30 days in we weren't going to make the deadline. We didn't know 60 days in. We knew about 2 weeks before the 90 day deadline we wouldn't hit it, and we were hopeful we would only be delayed two weeks. This isn't an exact science, neither the development process nor our release schedule/process. As I alluded to in my previous response there are many other things going on at COBB- not just this ATP or Stage 2 OTS map development- time schedules change, priorities change, fires have to be put out, resources are retasked. We do our very best to release as quickly as possible and the very last thing we try to do is miss a firm release date- which is why we've never posted a firm one before. Obviously we all wanted "soon" to be closer than 6 months but what's done is done.

As for you feeling like we've personally broken promises to you PTS-BRG, the only thing I can offer you at this point is an apology. At some point I feel like we've even emailed directly as your screen name is familiar but perhaps I'm incorrect. Regardless- forum posts are not something I'm personally able to track on a regular basis anymore with the additional tasks and duties I've taken on with changing roles so again, the fastest and easiest way to get an answer from us is to email us directly. Be it to my personal email or the support email at support@cobbtuning.com or via phone at 866-922-3059. I'm happy to keep you updated on as frequent a basis as you feel is required- just shoot me an email. Obviously it would have sounded a bit like a broken record for awhile- but if that's what it takes- then so be it. Our CSR staff frequently asks for updates regarding both of these releases (among many others), they field emails and phone calls daily about it, and to the best of my knowledge they've been passing on the updates I give them when they come to my office to ask- which is as truthful and accurate as it can be.

Last- as for the presence of the GTS being some sign that we're just now able to complete the Stage 2 OTS project- the access to the car wasn't the delay. The delay has been caused by countless other higher priority issues, projects, and resource availability. I realize that may not be what you want to hear- but that's the cold hard truth. We have a backlog of projects that we need to complete around not only our highest priorities, some of which have been waiting far longer than Stage 2 OTS (such as the much maligned Macan release that was over 6 months delayed as well), but around the company's highest priority projects and most importantly, available engineering resources. We could have had the vehicle availability of the final GTS testing we're doing now months ago- like we originally hoped to- but we physically couldn't get a body in the car and the car on a dyno until now. It's kinda pointless to have a car sit around our shop being told "we only need it for one more week, we only need it for one more week, we only need it for one more week" over and over and over. I assure you- it's still a failure on our part and we're well aware of it but we do our very best to be as open and honest with all of our release information as possible. Do we need better forum support as well? Absolutely, you can count that one as a failure too.

Uhhhhhh...nope??? The nitty-gritty details involve a whole lotta Agile speak, story points, and sprints- not technical issues or failures with the vehicles. Unless of course you know someone who can stare at lines of code for 8 hours a day, decipher them into usable table information, and then code that back into functional 3D graphs in our software, and wants to move to Austin, TX. We're desperately in need of about 20 more of those, and we've been searching for years, so you can count that one as a performance restriction if you'd like.

Really guys- there isn't some huge conspiracy, or us lying to you, or not caring, or not realizing the lost business, or really anything else. It boils down to time, and resources. It's literally two guys, you all know their names- Mitch and Joe (they're in the background waving but not typing because they are no longer allowed to respond to threads like this anymore because it takes up too much of their time), doing all of this primary development work. Jon, our lead Porsche calibrator, is also in the middle of one other huge project and about 5 other smaller ones. There are only so many hours in a day, and only so much understanding from wives, kids, friends, and bosses about ridiculously long hours worked. Even then- there's a point where they both have to wait for other things in the company to happen before they can continue with their work. Is it the best situation? Absolutely not. Is it 100% the most important challenge COBB is attacking every single day. Absolutely. We hate disappointing our customer base with our ridiculously slow releases across all of our platforms and we have a strategy in place to relieve the pressure and resolve the issue in time. However, we're in the middle of the bottleneck still and until we work our way through it- these types of growing pains will continue.

There ya go- nitty-gritty details.

And yes- I'm totally serious. Want to be part of the solution? Check out our job openings here- pass them along to friends, family, anyone you even remotely think would be interested:

https://www.cobbtuning.com/career/ec...gineer-austin/

https://www.cobbtuning.com/career/scrum-master-ii/

~~~Jared
I’d like to say from a business owner dealing with customers who don’t get it or care, and also in the service industry, whose struggling with finding quality help, your honesty and transparacency is second to none. I wish you the best of luck and know the stress you’re under and to be able to handle it by making a response like this is outstanding. Thanks for the inspiration and kind lesson in humility.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:34 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

No design flaw........But I have made a few discoveries whilst data logging. The GTS is epic!!! The logs have indicated that the Vektor Headers made a huge difference. It has increased efficiency so much, that target boost gets reached way to easily, and the ECU closes the throttle. I'll try and put this in english. That means even though you have the accelerator pinned to the floor, the ecu is closing the throttle plates.

This is not a bad thing, in fact its the opposite......it means there is plenty more power to be had. My car pulls like there is no tomorrow, and imagine my surprise when I log and see that whilst it is pulling that hard, the throttle is closed.

So I am extremely excited about Stage 2. I will wait for COBB. The Access port is second to none. There just isn't anything out there that comes close. It so simple to data log and change maps.
I will definitely wait for Stage 2 and then Pro-tuning.

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG

Hang in there PTS-BRG, I am even more impatient than you. It will be worth the wait. I have many more stages to go yet. It will be a huge advantage to be able to flick between maps.
This is a very good platform. It is very early days in development. Plenty more smiles to come.

Finally, thank you COBB, we are all just impatient. We do love your work.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:00 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 621 Likes on 340 Posts

FOLLOW UP:

I received a call today from Cobb. I almost didnt answer when the caller ID said Texas, I dont know anyone from Texas so I thought it was a telemarketer :0

Jared was the caller and he apologized profusely for the delays, so much apologizing I actually felt bad about some of my comments on this thread.
The bottom line is that they are aware of the delays and are on top of it now. They are moving forward quickly and I got the impression that Jared wasn't going to let the promised release date get delayed again.

I am confident that they will meet or beat the end of January so anyone looking to tune can be relatively certain that pro tunes and stage 2 will be out in the next several weeks.

Thanks Cobb for listening to your customers and acknowledging the delays publicly. That takes guts and you have earned my respect.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:20 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Cobb has always been good people. No doubt about that. I and others are spoiled from using their fantastic software on other platforms.. That is all.

We still love you.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:23 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Cobb has always been good people. No doubt about that. I and others are spoiled from using their fantastic software on other platforms.. That is all.

We still love you.
Agreed
Old 12-19-2018, 10:19 PM
slvr993
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 33 Posts

I feel so behind the times. I haven't ordered Stage 1 yet. I was waiting to see if there were issues but it seems like you guys have flogged stage 1 without a problem. Time to pony up I guess.
Old 12-22-2018, 11:17 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by slvr993
I feel so behind the times. I haven't ordered Stage 1 yet. I was waiting to see if there were issues but it seems like you guys have flogged stage 1 without a problem. Time to pony up I guess.
Gidday Up, you will love it. P.S. Reacher has Stage 2 and he is not sharing. All those in favour of him sharing say "I".
Old 12-22-2018, 11:39 PM
Psorcery
Banned

He got his car back?

Well maybe he can "reach" out and give us some feedback in the feedback thread.
Old 12-22-2018, 11:41 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

He got his car back?

Well maybe he can "reach" out and give us some feedback in the feedback thread.
From Reacher.....Well guys I got my stage 2 on my GTS and the stage 1 on my Raptor. It's not my place to release numbers before Cobb is ready for a release, so I won't do that. I will say that I got a really really good pickup compared to my Eurocharged tune. Not a ton higher on the peaks (but still higher), but power under the curve increased substantially. Way more torque way earlier made a huge difference. The Raptor tune has a nice increase over stock as well. I need more time behind the wheel of both cars, since I got both today and haven't had enough time to try out the tunes yet, but so far I'm loving them both.

Yeah, buddy, I will dob you in. We had a rule at school, that said if you had lollies, you had to bring enough for the whole class to share.......You have Lollies!!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hey COBB Tuning! Get in here! 991.2 Questions and Feedback.