Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey COBB Tuning! Get in here! 991.2 Questions and Feedback.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 04:38 AM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
Good Question. Hey Aaron, should you remove the tune before updating the AP? And then reapply the tune after updating it? I don't have any errors or issues. Am I able to just update the AP? What is good practise? Sorry, this is my First AP. My Son has had them before I should ask him.
No need to remove the tune if you're updating the AP.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:25 PM
COBB Tuning
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 185 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Psorcery
Aaron, I've successfully updated my Accessport through the APmanager. Do I simply re-flash the map onto my car which should make that P1100 go away?

What is the 0x773?
For any map updates to apply, yes. You would need to finally flash that updated map to the ECU under the Tune -> Change Map options.

Thanks,
-Aaron@COBB

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM | GRANT | HJ | ANDREW | JARED
COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE |CONTACT US

Old 10-14-2018, 07:42 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
For any map updates to apply, yes. You would need to finally flash that updated map to the ECU under the Tune -> Change Map options.

Thanks,
-Aaron@COBB
I updated the AP to the newest firmware and today I flashed the 93 map again.

This time around I completely lost the scan tool feature where it won't even read. I'll click on read codes and it won't do anything. Tried unplugging and replugging.

Can I PM you a video?
Old 11-12-2018, 04:43 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,189 Likes on 628 Posts

Originally Posted by arter
per Aaron (10/9/18) "Certainly, in the next 2-3 weeks, ATP will roll out first supporting only the Turbo/TurboS and then a separate release for the Carreras quickly following."
Another month has gone by. Turbo/TurboS been out for a few weeks. How is Stage II for 991.2 GTS going? Any numbers yet?
Old 11-12-2018, 04:46 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 621 Likes on 340 Posts

4 point 0: Here is something we both agree on. Cobb has essentially waited for the entire 991.2 model production to END before competing their tuning software.

Just absurd..
Old 11-12-2018, 04:50 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Good bump. Any news? The TT/TTS stage 2 has been out for quite some time now.

Old 11-12-2018, 04:53 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
4 point 0: Here is something we both agree on. Cobb has essentially waited for the entire 991.2 model production to END before competing their tuning software.

Just absurd..
Yes, Agreed. Once Pro-Tuning is released, it makes Stage 2 Obsolete. Everyone can fully customise the tune to suit their mods. So I don't understand the hold up.

Old 11-12-2018, 05:36 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG

Just absurd..
The Carrera market is larger than the TT market. I guess they don't understand that concept.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:06 PM
arter
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 92 Posts

The Carrera market is larger than the TT market. I guess they don't understand that concept.
and the Subie market is much much bigger than the carrera market
Old 11-12-2018, 07:02 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Originally Posted by arter
and the Subie market is much much bigger than the carrera market
How about apples to apples?

Jupiter is larger than the moon
Old 11-14-2018, 05:16 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

I think the times are changing and COBB hasn't caught up with that yet. In the past, as Carrera's were N/a, a tune did little. But more than that, there was this stigma, that you never modded a Porsche.

The guards are changing. There is a tidal wave of BMW owners coming across to Porsche, and now that the 991.2's are Turbo, its a tuners paradise.

So whilst the "Turbo" may have been a much smaller market, to COBB, they were probably a larger market that tuned. But all of that will change now, with the Carrera's being turbo. The much larger physical market will tune.

Are you listening COBB. The slow Carrera market is about to explode. So be quick and release stage 2 or better still Pro-tuning. There are a lot more eyes on the Carrera's now than ever before.
The following users liked this post:
Mark Mullins (04-23-2020)
Old 11-14-2018, 05:56 AM
Ryan52589
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I can agree with the launch control. It is an amazing power difference between stock and stage 1 and the pzeros are useless. I can launch control and the car will basically fall on its face from so much loss of traction on take off. Insane. Night and day difference in power

With that being said, I have been using this Accessport for about a month and a half, recently I noticed a lack in power similar to what I would explain as a boost leak. I spoke with Aaron at Cobb (awesome guy btw) and he had me send him some datalogs between stock and stage one. Overall, he said the power seemed low including the factory tune, I was reaching only around 8psi boost on factory tune and roughly 15 psi on stage 1. So, I uninstalled the AP, and dropped the car off to my local Porsche dealer and I described the condition as 'lack of power' to the service advisor. Well, a couple days go by, they call me and tell me its ready to pick up, so I drive up there to find out that they replaced the DME (ecu) due to a faulty circuit AND they knew that the ECU was reflashed, the warranty bill was almost $3800 but they covered it and I paid $0. And I had a pretty sweet loaner Macan for a few days Needless to say, I spoke with Aaron, he said they have never ran into this issue before, they offered to reflash the new DME free of charge. Of course I cant live without the AP now so its in the mail now Just thought I'd share, as it was a unique situation and I'm glad Porsche replaced it under warranty. Whats your guys thoughts? Possible moisture issue? Aaron and I both thought it was rather extreme to go directly to replacing it!
Old 11-14-2018, 11:06 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 591 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan52589
I can agree with the launch control. It is an amazing power difference between stock and stage 1 and the pzeros are useless. I can launch control and the car will basically fall on its face from so much loss of traction on take off. Insane. Night and day difference in power

With that being said, I have been using this Accessport for about a month and a half, recently I noticed a lack in power similar to what I would explain as a boost leak. I spoke with Aaron at Cobb (awesome guy btw) and he had me send him some datalogs between stock and stage one. Overall, he said the power seemed low including the factory tune, I was reaching only around 8psi boost on factory tune and roughly 15 psi on stage 1. So, I uninstalled the AP, and dropped the car off to my local Porsche dealer and I described the condition as 'lack of power' to the service advisor. Well, a couple days go by, they call me and tell me its ready to pick up, so I drive up there to find out that they replaced the DME (ecu) due to a faulty circuit AND they knew that the ECU was reflashed, the warranty bill was almost $3800 but they covered it and I paid $0. And I had a pretty sweet loaner Macan for a few days Needless to say, I spoke with Aaron, he said they have never ran into this issue before, they offered to reflash the new DME free of charge. Of course I cant live without the AP now so its in the mail now Just thought I'd share, as it was a unique situation and I'm glad Porsche replaced it under warranty. Whats your guys thoughts? Possible moisture issue? Aaron and I both thought it was rather extreme to go directly to replacing it!
I couldn't agree more...yet there are so many people on the fence concerned about the warranty. Here's a device that delivers triple digit gains in torque and horsepower but folks are waiting for their warranties to expire before they touch it. I probably have as much or more time on the dyno and on the track revising my existing flash as anyone and I have sold ONE SINGLE COBB upgrade. I wish I had more customers like you folks. I'm still waiting patiently for more Cobb sales because i know they will come; I really don't want to rip $50K in parts off of this .2 GTS I am trying to sell just to find it a good home but I may have to because of warranty concerns and people wanting a stock car. I love the .2 cars and I love bold folks that like to modify their cars. These cars with the mods have zero issues keeping up with the .1 GT3s on track and with the upgrades, the brakes and cornering speeds are just as good.

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
I think the times are changing and COBB hasn't caught up with that yet. In the past, as Carrera's were N/a, a tune did little. But more than that, there was this stigma, that you never modded a Porsche.

The guards are changing. There is a tidal wave of BMW owners coming across to Porsche, and now that the 991.2's are Turbo, its a tuners paradise.

So whilst the "Turbo" may have been a much smaller market, to COBB, they were probably a larger market that tuned. But all of that will change now, with the Carrera's being turbo. The much larger physical market will tune.

Are you listening COBB. The slow Carrera market is about to explode. So be quick and release stage 2 or better still Pro-tuning. There are a lot more eyes on the Carrera's now than ever before.
THIS RIGHT HERE! This will be one of several stories I have heard of Porsche honoring warranties while knowing that cars have been flashed. Say what you will...(AND NOT EVERY DEALERSHIP IS THE SAME, believe me I know) but here's an instance where they knew it was flashed but realized that the flash wasn't the reason it wasn't working. I've seen other instances where Porsche has warrantied a motor because they realize that it was an inherent failure and not related to a mod. It could be a myriad of problems that was causing it...I've seen wires touch and melt drivers for O2s, etc. The fact that they came out of pocket speaks volumes. Again, I realize there are also horror stories of dealerships wiping their hands of this sort of thing but what a cool reason to be a Porsche owner!
Old 11-14-2018, 06:36 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Looks like Cobb is more interested in the Macan market than the 911 Carrera.. What a shame! They even got stage 2 and 3!

https://www.cobbtuning.com/porsche-m...he-shelf-maps/
Old 11-14-2018, 06:42 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 777 Posts

Looks like Cobb is more interested in the Macan market than the 911 Carrera.. What a shame! They even got stage 2 and 3!

https://www.cobbtuning.com/porsche-m...he-shelf-maps/
I just wish they would release pro tune ability so I can get a "pro" tuner to fix my idle issue

Quick Reply: Hey COBB Tuning! Get in here! 991.2 Questions and Feedback.