The "Unofficial" 991 Sales by Unit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 09:41 AM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 385 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog

This is great; thanks.
I just went V250 on a C4 cab that’s getting built next month.
So plus one there at some point. I had no idea they built so few. As noted, it may be made in such low numbers due to being “undesirable” to many, but I like the concept it can be a 4ish season car with winter tires. And the top goes up and down without stopping.
C4 911s are great cars! Here's the 17 coupe I had...miss the color!

Old 01-24-2019, 10:43 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

This is great; thanks.
So plus one there at some point. I had no idea they built so few. As noted, it may be made in such low numbers due to being “undesirable” to many, but I like the concept it can be a 4ish season car with winter tires. And the top goes up and down without stopping.
I don't know how much of it is desirability versus Porsche just isn't so interested in selling the C4 (and C4 variants). Try to find marketing, online reviews, etc., of the C4 and its siblings. It's tough. And try to find a C4 allocation. PAG just didn't make allocations available to dealers. I find the whole thing quite curious. It's not like nobody wants AWD -- look at C4S sales. Congrats on having a rare car on the way. You'll likely never see another in the wild.
Old 01-24-2019, 05:03 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,011 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
C4 911s are great cars! Here's the 17 coupe I had...miss the color!

Yes, great color. I had a '16 DBM Boxster GTS for a year or so.
I liked both of my 981 Boxsters but my wife prefers the large cabin size of the 911. Sooo.
Old 01-24-2019, 05:06 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FORENN
I don't know how much of it is desirability versus Porsche just isn't so interested in selling the C4 (and C4 variants). Try to find marketing, online reviews, etc., of the C4 and its siblings. It's tough. And try to find a C4 allocation. PAG just didn't make allocations available to dealers. I find the whole thing quite curious. It's not like nobody wants AWD -- look at C4S sales. Congrats on having a rare car on the way. You'll likely never see another in the wild.
Thanks. I traded my PTS/LTS '17 Targa for it. Viper Green was a little flashier than I convinced myself when I ordered it; a bit more attention getting than I bargained for.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:23 PM
anythingbuttime
Pro

Received 374 Likes on 199 Posts

Thanks. I traded my PTS/LTS '17 Targa for it. Viper Green was a little flashier than I convinced myself when I ordered it; a bit more attention getting than I bargained for.
Loved seeing the pictures of your Viper green. I understand that even beautiful colors don't always fit. /startlongwindingstory In 1999 I was driving an ocean blue Carrera cab and a bowling green (green almost black) corvette. Chevrolet released millennium yellow for 2000 and I had to have it first. Traded the Bowling green (which I still love that color) in on the millennium yellow and I was literally embarrassed to drive it. I was a fan of the car, but didn't consider it a "look at me car." I kept it for 6 months and drove less than 100 miles. Traded it in on my first Speed Yellow 996. I loved the Carrera in yellow, drove it daily, and replaced it with another speed yellow the next year. /end.
Old 01-25-2019, 12:59 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

I understand, I felt the same way about my GT3.
Old 01-25-2019, 02:49 AM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

This is great; thanks.
Congrats, thats exciting

I didn't get to spec my '17 .2 C4 coupe (nor did I realize how rare they are) but I love the car. I wanted the base 3.0 engine, didn't care for the extra HP or upgraded brakes, but got the wide body, lightbar, and AWD

I understand, I felt the same way about my GT3.
You got rid of it!!?? Spill the color
Old 01-25-2019, 03:15 AM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

Do you have any seat time in a T? It's a real sweetheart just the way it is.
This! ^^^
Old 01-25-2019, 08:34 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by anythingbuttime
Loved seeing the pictures of your Viper green. I understand that even beautiful colors don't always fit. /startlongwindingstory In 1999 I was driving an ocean blue Carrera cab and a bowling green (green almost black) corvette. Chevrolet released millennium yellow for 2000 and I had to have it first. Traded the Bowling green (which I still love that color) in on the millennium yellow and I was literally embarrassed to drive it. I was a fan of the car, but didn't consider it a "look at me car." I kept it for 6 months and drove less than 100 miles. Traded it in on my first Speed Yellow 996. I loved the Carrera in yellow, drove it daily, and replaced it with another speed yellow the next year. /end.
I had a Pastel Yellow ‘97 993 for a year in 2010. Loved it and drove it all over in good weather. Speed good as well, but I never warmed up to Racing Yellow as much.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:46 PM
anythingbuttime
Pro

Received 374 Likes on 199 Posts

I had a Pastel Yellow ‘97 993 for a year in 2010. Loved it and drove it all over in good weather. Speed good as well, but I never warmed up to Racing Yellow as much.
I felt the same. I wanted to like racing yellow but I ended up with guards red this year. I have never owned a red Porsche and haven't had a red car in decades. I am really happy with the decision.
Old 01-25-2019, 09:26 PM
VintageRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 213 Posts

I really do not think that Porsche dealers support the previous buyer's who have bought many new Porsche 911 Carrera's.

I buy every 5 years and always service them at the Porsche dealer (very profitable to the dealer). Yet, they never offer me an allocation to a GT3. Go figure.
Old 01-26-2019, 11:18 AM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 385 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by VintageRacer
I really do not think that Porsche dealers support the previous buyer's who have bought many new Porsche 911 Carrera's.

I buy every 5 years and always service them at the Porsche dealer (very profitable to the dealer). Yet, they never offer me an allocation to a GT3. Go figure.
There's tons of people like you at every dealer and because demand for the GT3 is so high, they just won't offer you one. It's all about friendship with the sales person or dealer.

If you're looking now it's way too late. Enjoy the T...if it helps I sold my 991.2 GT3 and now have my T. Way better daily.
Old 01-26-2019, 01:23 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

Enjoy the T...if it helps I sold my 991.2 GT3 and now have my T. Way better daily.
This is true. And I find it to be a lot more fun on the road.
Old 01-27-2019, 05:23 PM
VintageRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 213 Posts

There's tons of people like you at every dealer and because demand for the GT3 is so high, they just won't offer you one.
I am not sure about tons of people since all models of the Porsche 911 are sold in small numbers. But I understand that Porsche has always made one less car than they can sell.

In my area, a used GT3 is readily obtainable (they had two when I asked about a new GT3 Touring). Yea, I'll just keep my 5-year old car for now (the worst depreciation is done). No problem.
Old 01-27-2019, 10:26 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

And try to find a C4 allocation. PAG just didn't make allocations available to dealers. I find the whole thing quite curious.
Not enough profit margin on a C4.
All 911s built on one assembly line. Including GT cars. Assembly line is limited capacity. GT cars get ADM for the dealer. Which means, profit wise, if they sell one GT car it's equivalent to selling, maybe, 4 C4's. So put those GT cars out there!! As long as they sell.

Quick Reply: The "Unofficial" 991 Sales by Unit Thread