Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you see the 992 affecting the Carrera T resale value?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 08:17 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Risley
Hi guy's,

I know..Its a bit speculative in some senses and rather obvious in others but I ask because I believe (keyword believe) that the Carrera T is a rather unique model. Sure its no 911 R or GT car. Just wondering how bad you think the Carrera T 991.2 value will get hammered when the 992 hits the streets.

Thanks

There will be a 992 Carrera T .... gear up.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:47 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
There will be a 992 Carrera T .... gear up.
Are you basing that off of the R&T article from Rennsport Reunion, or do you have other info?

S
Old 10-18-2018, 02:49 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,175 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by HamiltonGT4
I have a 2019 Carrera T and I love it! I had a GT4 and find the T is much better car. Will definitely hold it value. Mostly everyone that has one loves them. I definitely hanging onto my and it’s no garage queen
Good for you!

It was actually seeing a Racing Yellow GT4 in the showroom that inspired me to get a yellow 911, and specifically the T.

Awesome car and somewhat more practical than a GT4 for daily use and as a sole car.

Possible upgrades for the future include tweaking/lowering the suspension, boosting the engine power and fitting an upgraded exhaust system, possibly Akrapovic.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:45 AM
Robenjake
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree that these cars will not be collectable and will continue to depreciate. I agree you should enjoy them. However everyone's financial situation is different. Porsche is a very expensive car to buy and to maintain for the majority of the world. A first world problem. At some point when the market shifts Porsche will have to rethink their pricing model or will ultimately sell less cars to a smaller audience. On a lighter note, I went to PEC in Atlanta. A great time. I would recommend it for those who have not done it. A weekend getaway.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:12 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Fully agree. It is NOT a collectible.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
They will go down just like the 997.2 Carrera's depreciated when the 991 was released. The Carrera T isn't close to a collectors car.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:14 PM
rockrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 373 Likes on 210 Posts

I hope it depreciates so I can pick up one eventually as a track car 😊
The following users liked this post:
Sajan (09-18-2019)
Old 09-06-2019, 04:37 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Having modded mine and clocked up over 20,600 miles in 17 months, mine is definitely depreciating!

But that’s what nearly all cars do! It’s only money! And in terms of smiles per mile, I’m very happy!
991.1GTS (09-18-2019)
Old 09-06-2019, 07:05 PM
snake eyes
Three Wheelin'

Received 358 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by CaymanSinAR
No, that was the 997.

No wait! It was the 993.
The hate flows storng through you skywalker...

do we forget about the 996?

lol
Old 09-06-2019, 07:09 PM
snake eyes
Three Wheelin'

Received 358 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by rockrdude
I hope it depreciates so I can pick up one eventually as a track car ��
Not a very good track car

The S is a much better track car with "larger brake disc - larger 6 piston calipers, and cooling ducts."

The T is a good drivers car...

And the only 911 Models that hold their value began with the words GT people.... duh!
Old 09-15-2019, 06:54 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by snake eyes

The S is a much better track car with "larger brake disc - larger 6 piston calipers, and cooling ducts."

And the only 911 Models that hold their value began with the words GT people.... duh!
Or in the modern era "N/A."

Going on 3 years now, 991.1 and 997.2 prices haven't moved down much at all. Incredible. They depreciated a decent amount up until 2017, and then were "saved" by the turbo Carreras. .1 Prices today are barely if any down from when I was shopping in 2016. In fact, in 2017 prices on 991.1's went UP from the year prior, once .2's were launched. Never seen that before on a car that sells in such volume and that's so new.

I think future 911's and 2 door Porsche's in general will fare very well in the resale market, even if they're not GT cars. How "raw" relative to newer 911's they are will have a large determining factor there. The 992 Carrera T, if it gets the new 4.0 N/A from the GT4 will also be destined for the resale kingdom, especially considering how sedan-like quiet and smooth the 9A2 992 is reported as being, but it'll likely have massive markups to compensate.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:52 PM
Nathing32
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by snake eyes

I have a T and it has brake cooling ducts and it's a phenomenal track car. Maybe if I owned a GT2, 3 or 4 I wouldn't think so but coming from most anything else in this price range it's a blast on the track. I did a track day this past Thursday and I had no trouble keeping up with a group of 991.1 GT3 guys. I followed one of them for 5 or 6 laps at one point. He pulled away from my at the start of the straights but I caught up with him in the turns each time. He should have let me pass him but I think the, "no way is this T going to pass me" ego set in. He pulled off the track before the end of the session and I proceeded to set my two best lap times of the day in the final laps. Behind him I average 2 seconds slower. My point is that it's a plenty capable track car out of the box - especially if you know what you're doing.
S S (09-17-2019)
Old 09-18-2019, 02:46 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

More info on an NA engine (or lack thereof) etc. for the 992 Carrera...

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...et-gt4-engine/

ß
Old 09-18-2019, 03:27 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by S S

ß
Interesting. Thanks for sharing.
S S (09-18-2019)
Old 09-19-2019, 08:27 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by S S

ß
What a f’ing travesty. Porsche works super annoyingly these days when it comes to engines outside of the GT cars, imo.

A 4.0 N/A Carrera would be sold out instantly. No cars sitting on lots like the current T had been so widely reported. Markups would be considerable, etc. People would fall over themselves to get one for the emotive connection alone, rest assured. Doesn’t matter how it stacks up in performance times. But bean counter homogenization rules above all. These companies certainly used to have a lot more fun, and experiment more.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:42 AM
S S
Burning Brakes

^^^ Well, sure. Your opinion on NA vs Turbo. "It is known, Khaleesi..."

Would I love an NA lump in my car that can do the same things my little engine that could does? Sure, but would I want to pay twice the price? Nope. And given what those that can have turned the NA Porsche market into, given their ability to benefit at the cost, literally, to the rest of us, I'm actually glad not to be taking part in that game. I've played other games in my life, that matter much, much more. I want no part of it in a hobby.

In my, and many others, opinion, widely reported (here, which I guess counts), there are a lot of T's that DESERVE to sit on lots, based on the way the owners of those lots decided to spec them. Tweaking your argument slightly, I'll go out on a limb and say, had those same cars been spec'd differently (some would say, correctly), they'd have flown out of dealers. All the more so, once some folks actually opened themselves up to the goodness and accepted the car for what it is, adding it to their stable or trading in much more expensive variants for it, also widely reported here in RL...

I know my own car would have, under my very own butt, flown out of a dealer had I walked in and saw it and I wouldn't have had to wait the months I did for it to be created and shipped. I know I'm not alone in that. These opinions are valid too, right? Just like yours...

What I can't get behind are all the folks that want the car to fail, or continually point out it will tank, or that it's not this or that, or 2,000 WW isn't that big a deal or the "R" word doesn't really apply in this case because, after all, it's just marketing hype. But that's competition, the internet, and schadenfreude all wrapped up in a nice, little bow, isn't it.

Ultimately, this thread started and should end with "We'll see..." And I will, through the steadily chipping windscreen and light weight glass out back. As it should be...

991.1GTS (09-19-2019)

Quick Reply: How do you see the 992 affecting the Carrera T resale value?