Sponsored by:

and the loner vehicle is.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 08:19 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Somehow, no one seems to agree with you. Particularly your discusting comment of calling me a t*rd. How civilized! Also, please review your version of the English Language which is mostly inappropriate. Please read a great book! They actually sell them in the Bay Area.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:44 PM
2010panny4S
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

Somehow, no one seems to agree with you
You should read all the responses on this thread....
Funny again you call me out on your calling you a turd yet you fail again to realize why you were called a turd in the first place (read your original response). You fail to remember what you have said in your posts, how you generalized individuals and labeled certain people in this thread (which is why I previously responded to you specifically) then cry victim hood after. I'll end it at that as there is no point arguing with individuals like yourself, it goes nowhere. Have a great day
Old 09-25-2018, 11:40 AM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 135 Likes on 106 Posts

I've had a Cayenne both times that I have been in. I really couldnt care any less what they give me. Used to get some pretty messed up Rentals from Enterprise when I took my Audi in. Often wondered what some older guys driving S8s would think. Never bothered me.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:47 PM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 87 Posts

freeman,

you don’t know me and to say that all I’ll do is take a loaner for a joy ride and to show my kids some humility is way over the top.

That’s all I’ll say about that.

BTW, I’m brining in my Macan S for its “free” oil service (don’t judge me), and my SA has a base 911 for me as a loaner....he called me.

The trail has been blazed, you’re welcome.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:03 PM
dchang81
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 28 Posts

wow thanks for blazing that trail......
Old 09-26-2018, 12:57 AM
jnolan
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

I’m still bothered about the “loner” vs. “loaner” thing... but only because I can’t think of a witty pun where loner works. Open to suggestions...
Old 09-26-2018, 01:30 AM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jnolan
I’m still bothered about the “loner” vs. “loaner” thing... but only because I can’t think of a witty pun where loner works. Open to suggestions...
That was me....auto correct got me.

I guess I’m the lone guy to get a 911 as a loaner (I’ll know next Wednesday when I have my appt).
Old 09-26-2018, 12:14 PM
jnolan
Pro

achievement badge unlocked
Old 09-27-2018, 12:43 PM
MHarris
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the problem with the "oh I'm entitled / status symbol crowd"... I can remember when a Porsche was a sportscar not a status accessory.
Old 09-27-2018, 01:16 PM
jnolan
Pro

Originally Posted by MHarris
This is the problem with the "oh I'm entitled / status symbol crowd"... I can remember when a Porsche was a sportscar not a status accessory.
I do see @socalc2s' point and think it is unfair to label him entitled because he has an expectation based on the message that the brand itself creates. These are luxury cars and with that comes an expectation of superior customer experience. I really don't expect a Carrera GTS as a loaner when I drop mine off but I do expect a loaner car that is clean and new (low mileage). I also expect a car that reflects that which I am dropping off... and if you give me a Ford Focus when my Mercedes is in for service, yeah I'm gonna be pissed. The GLA that Mercedes gave me last month was fun to drive around in, underpowered and with numb steering but still fun. I was happy to give it back to them but enjoyed it while I had it for 2 days. But honestly, dealer service experiences are so awful that I'm already primed to be pissed so the loaner car thing becomes a trigger.

Where I think @socalc2s is offbase is the suggestion that anything less than his 911 is unacceptable. What is unacceptable is not having a loaner car, there are plenty of loaner car options available at a dealership that is acceptable. Porsche is part of VAG, they have the ability to field a fleet of loaner cars from sister brands.

Here's another point to consider, there are plus/minus 160 Porsche dealers in the USA. If each one of those dealers fielded 15 loaner cars within the current model year and at model/trim levels that would make a 911 owner happy, the result would be pretty detrimental for valuations with large numbers of cars hitting the market coming out of dealers service departments. You would also see 2-4% of Porsche production going to loaner vehicles. I don't think we, as owners, would benefit from that dynamic. Porsche is a low volume car company.
Old 09-27-2018, 01:37 PM
MHarris
Rennlist Member

Good to have expectations and getting a car if previously agreed upon is consummate for most premium brands however, models and brands being beneath us is whining and entitled. That being said it is a huge opportunity miss for the dealership to not use the opportunity to cross / up sell into the brand family.
Old 09-27-2018, 01:53 PM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Just a point of clarification......

My expectation of getting a 911 (base or otherwise) is for warranty repairs not for paid by me servicing. It is purely the fact that something broke during the warranty period. Call it what you like but in my line of work if the product I sold you broke I replace it with a like item while your original is being fixed at no cost.

I have never had an entitlement attitude on anything in my life, I've earned what I have through my own efforts and talent.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:34 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,369 Likes on 793 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal C2S

My expectation of getting a 911 (base or otherwise) is for warranty repairs not for paid by me servicing. It is purely the fact that something broke during the warranty period. Call it what you like but in my line of work if the product I sold you broke I replace it with a like item while your original is being fixed at no cost.

I have never had an entitlement attitude on anything in my life, I've earned what I have through my own efforts and talent.
you were given a like item...i.e. a porsche vehicle, as a loaner.

Is it really such a big deal, Mr. I have no entitlement attitude, to drive a nearly brand new cayman for a few days? Does that really rub you so raw? Maybe this is a time to show your humility and appreciate that they gave you A) a loaner car to begin with; and B) a nice porsche to drive.
Old 09-27-2018, 06:59 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal C2S

Just a point of clarification...
You may think that you've never had an entitlement attitude on anything in your life and that may be accurate, but it sure comes across as entitlement in your posts. Too me, it's kinda cringeworthy, but it's your prerogative to complain to the dealership about whatever you so choose.
Old 09-27-2018, 08:34 PM
Horns0897
6th Gear

Funny I am disappointed when they give me a like vehicle. I like getting a Boxster, Cayman or Panamera as it is different. My SA knows this and goes out of his way to get something we don’t currently drive. In truth as long as it is clean and close to new I do not care what it is, even a non-porsche is fun to drive just for a change of pace.

Quick Reply: and the loner vehicle is.....