Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 CL issue

Old 09-20-2018, 02:05 PM
mwlmd
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Default 2015 CL issue

I briefly commented in another thread but I would love some more advice opinions from members here. Background: I purchased a 2015 CPO 991 TTS (29k mi) from a Porsche dealership in June of this year. The car is under original warranty until 12/2018 and CPO until 12/2020. Since I have had the car (3 months) I have had the climate control fan replaced (twice). The car is currently at an Indy shop having Techart springs and EP exhaust installed and the wheels re-finished. The shop has indicated to me that one of the centerlocks had to be replaced and that the others should as well but are not as bad. They indicate that the car is not safe to drive and should be towed to Porsche for evaluation and repair since it is still under warranty. This is my first Porsche and so far I am somewhat frustrated at the apparent quality or lack thereof of the running gear on a car maintained at a Porsche dealership.

I assume CL issues are covered under warranty? Should I expect to be reimbursed for the one they replaced? I have owned many cars and never had such issues with wheels. I just want to be able to drive and enjoy the car!!

Matt
Old 09-20-2018, 08:39 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 430 Likes on 290 Posts

What specifically is the problem with these wheels? Pictures would help. Center lock wheels do require that very specific steps be taken when being reattached. If the proper procedure is not followed they may not be safe to drive and/or damaged. If this is the case, they won't be covered by any warranty.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:10 PM
mwlmd
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DBH
What specifically is the problem with these wheels? Pictures would help. Center lock wheels do require that very specific steps be taken when being reattached. If the proper procedure is not followed they may not be safe to drive and/or damaged. If this is the case, they won't be covered by any warranty.
I will have pics when the dealer is done with the car. My big picture issue is that I have owned the car for 3 months and this is the first time the wheels have been removed under my ownership. The damage/failure was pre-existing on a car I purchased CPO from a Porsche dealership. I don't think I should be responsible for the repair/replacement. More info to come.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:47 PM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by mwlmd
I will have pics when the dealer is done with the car. My big picture issue is that I have owned the car for 3 months and this is the first time the wheels have been removed under my ownership. The damage/failure was pre-existing on a car I purchased CPO from a Porsche dealership. I don't think I should be responsible for the repair/replacement. More info to come.
Unfortunately you are being way too vague in your description for anyone to offer much advice here or jump on your side that the damage was pre-existing your purchase and you have a warranty claim. What was described to you as the problem that was discovered by the Indy shop doing the other work on your TT? Thread damage? Chips or other damage to the carrier? Damage from lack of proper lube? Hub damage? Locking mech damage? What?

You def should have taken pictures of the damage before the dealer started messing with it. Wish you the best with this, and if you post more detail maybe others can offer more helpful information.
Old 09-21-2018, 11:46 PM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by mwlmd
If the issue with CL was indeed pre-existing I'd contact the dealer you purchased the car from. They supposed to go through a thorough inspection to CPO the car.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:33 PM
mwlmd
Rennlist Member

I apologize for the vague questions regarding the actual problem. I have limited understanding of the inner workings of the CL system. However the good news is that once the Porsche dealer received the car and pulled and tested the CL system they said they were fine and able to torque to factory specs. So I don't know what the issue was but apparently it is a non issue.

On the bright side I love the Techart springs, the Europipe exhaust and the black wheels! Very happy to have the car back. Porsche roadside assistance transported my car from ship to dealership without questions and at no charge. I was very satisfied with their customer service.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:36 PM
mwlmd
Rennlist Member

I apologize for the lack of details in what the shop was talking about. However the good news is the Porsche dealership checked out all the CL and said they were functioning fine and they were able to torque them all to factory specs. So I don't know exactly what the issue was at the other shop but it appears to be a non issue.

On the bright side I am loving the Europipe exhaust, the Techart springs and the black wheels! Very happy to have the car back.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 CL issue