Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Warranty for cars out of warranty

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 03:48 PM
rohulp
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Warranty for cars out of warranty

Looking at getting a 2012/2013 911S. Since it's my first P-car purchase, I'm think of adding an after market warranty to help me sleep better at night. Spoke to Troy Dietrich at FD-Warranty.com for a Fidelity policy, but they can only offer one if a car is still currently under the factory warranty.

Can anyone recommend a company that would offer an after market warranty on a non-warrantied car with about 40-60K miles on it?
Old 09-19-2018, 04:23 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,364 Likes on 2,307 Posts

Several places were recently discussed here so do a search of the forums and I am sure you will get plenty of information to help you.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:28 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by rohulp
Looking at getting a 2012/2013 911S. Since it's my first P-car purchase, I'm think of adding an after market warranty to help me sleep better at night. Spoke to Troy Dietrich at FD-Warranty.com for a Fidelity policy, but they can only offer one if a car is still currently under the factory warranty.

Can anyone recommend a company that would offer an after market warranty on a non-warrantied car with about 40-60K miles on it?

If you can swing it........ I would try to purchase the newest 911 you can with a CPO warranty for your 1st P-Car. The CPO warranty is fantastic, great piece of mind and it's handled 100% through your dealer.

Now after saying that and having put 85,000 miles on my 2013 CPO'ed C4S ...... it's been one heck of a solid car and I would not hesitate to pick up another 991.1 in the future w/o having any type of warranty.

Good luck on your search.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:21 PM
Copperhead37
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I would cation to look over any after market warranty extremely close. I worked at a Volvo dealer for a while after retiring from the military as a service advisor. Every claim I tried to file on behalf of my clients with there after market warranty company was denied. It was a real eye opener for me. I had a after market warranty from USAA that never questioned any claim on my rubicon. So I thought they were all that good but I was never more wrong. The second thing I learned was a lot of good reputable after market warranty companies won’t cover high end cars like the Porsche because they are so expensive to repair. I wish you the best and hope you find a good company.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:24 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Fidelity all the way. That’s what I got. Good value too imo. Always go Platinum. From all the real world (read: people who have used it) testimonials, it’s basically like having 80% of your CPO intact (you still have to pay a deductible and go through a 3rd party to get approved, hence where that let’s call it “20%” goes). I got the 6 year plan.
Old 09-20-2018, 01:42 PM
2010panny4S
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

ON my previous Panamera, I had Fidelity Platinum or whatever the highest plan they had. It was well worth it with the crapload of issues I encountered with that lemon. It paid for itself immediately. Surprised after all the issues on the car, I was able to get back a couple thousand that I didn't use up after selling the car.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:28 PM
aCayenneFan
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

FWIW, there are good and bad aftermarket warranty companies. One nice thing about living in CA is that the state Department of Insurance rides herd on the aftermarket warranty companies (the companies are basically selling you an insurance policy). I had an experience 4 years ago where an aftermarket insurance company initially denied coverage on a long block engine repair for a policy I had purchased when I purchased the car from the selling dealer. After I sent a complaint letter to the CA Dept. of Insurance, the insurance company changed their tune overnight.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Warranty for cars out of warranty