Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fister exhaust input from owners

Old 09-16-2018, 10:43 AM
keithgreer
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Fister exhaust input from owners

I have a 2015 991.1 base. Considering Fister exhaust (mufflers only) and was curious from those that have had them awhile, are you happy with the sound? I had a set on my 993S and really liked them. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:28 AM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 87 Posts

Can’t comment directly on the 991, but had these on my 997 and they were fantastic. Spent the extra $$ and added the ceramic coating which cut down the heat in the engine compartment.

The sound was just right and the quality top notch.....and Darin is a stand up guy.
Old 09-16-2018, 05:28 PM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal C2S
Can’t comment directly on the 991, but had these on my 997 and they were fantastic. Spent the extra $$ and added the ceramic coating which cut down the heat in the engine compartment.

The sound was just right and the quality top notch.....and Darin is a stand up guy.
Also had them installed on my 997.2. Huge difference. Subtle and not obnoxious. No drone. As said Darin very stand up guy. The ends on one of my cans were bent and my installer needed extra time to complete. Darin covered it.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:07 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 102 Posts

I have them on my 996 and on my 997.2. The 991.1 that I currently have has sport exhaust, but I didn’t care if the car had it or not because if it did not, I would’ve sent the mufflers to Darin. Fister mufflers sound incredible. The workmanship is second to none. You’ll love them. On my 997.2, I also had a sharkwerks bypass which also helped the mufflers sound incredible, but I would do the mufflers first before anything else.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:10 AM
SlickOne
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

I’m putting them on my 991.1 C2 this week. The car already has the AWE x-pipe so it should sound pretty cool. I’m very excited!
Old 09-17-2018, 11:17 AM
Esq.
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I had Fisters on my 991.1 base and loved them. Darin is a great guy too and a pleasure to deal with. I posted a few vids of the sound last year - one with Fisters and the stock center then with the AWE center bypass - just search in my posts and you'll find them.

I liked the Fister's alone it definitely added some sportiness to the tone but it wasn't loud enough for me. I added the AWE center bypass and the sound was perfect I loved it. Obviously exhausts are very subjective YMMV.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:32 PM
Mpoweroo1
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any reason those who have the Fister didn't go with something like the Shark Werks?
Old 09-17-2018, 02:42 PM
keithgreer
Racer

Thanks to everyone for the input. Ordered them and will do a before and after video to assist others who might be interested in the future.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:34 PM
dkmesa
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Mpoweroo1
Any reason those who have the Fister didn't go with something like the Shark Werks?
I currently have sharwerks center bypass with stock side mufflers. The answer to your question depends on if you're talking Sharkwerks side muffler bypass or center muffler bypass. Fister is supposed to be significantly quieter than side muffler delete. I believe the tone of the Fister is more favorable than what i have with my center muffler delete (mine can be whiny, pitchy at high RPMs). The Fister mod seems to result in a throatier tone.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:42 PM
Mpoweroo1
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dkmesa
I currently have sharwerks center bypass with stock side mufflers. The answer to your question depends on if you're talking Sharkwerks side muffler bypass or center muffler bypass. Fister is supposed to be significantly quieter than side muffler delete. I believe the tone of the Fister is more favorable than what i have with my center muffler delete (mine can be whiny, pitchy at high RPMs). The Fister mod seems to result in a throatier tone.
Comparing apples to apples so I meant the side muffler delete from Shark Werks since Fister does not make a center section.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:42 PM
dkmesa
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Mpoweroo1
Comparing apples to apples so I meant the side muffler delete from Shark Werks since Fister does not make a center section.
Included in my response. Less volume and no drone in cabin vs side muffler delete.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:42 PM
flatsick
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I currently have the FD Mufflers and an AWE center muffler X pipe. I installed the AWE pipes and was not satisfied with the volume of only the center section. I then tried out the fabspeed maxflo side mufflers. They didn't sound good at all to me. I replaced the Fabspeeds with the Fisters and i have been happy ever since. The combination of AWE center delete and the side mufflers from FD is excellent in my opinion.

I dont know how they will sound without the xpipe.

here a clip:

The following users liked this post:
schmida (09-16-2020)
Old 09-18-2018, 09:51 PM
911.Forever
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I used Darin's side cans on my 993 4S. The cars raspy sound was music to my ears. This is a fantastic testament to Darin because the 993's are a really tough candidate to produce any kind of cool Porsche exhaust note.
I used Darin's side cans on my 991.1 S, a non-PSE car. It was a marked improvement, but I wanted louder. My little secret: I bought a used PSE exhaust from a forum member and installed it. Given no PSE set-up, the valves were by default, open. What a wondrous exhaust note - a raspy deceleration, a crisp bark on upshift and no drone. The perfect, "very low dollar" solution. Under $1000 invested and easy to perform the mods yourself. Good luck!
Old 09-21-2018, 11:49 PM
Guards_Red_991
Burning Brakes

Received 548 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by flatsick
I currently have the FD Mufflers and an AWE center muffler X pipe. I installed the AWE pipes and was not satisfied with the volume of only the center section. I then tried out the fabspeed maxflo side mufflers. They didn't sound good at all to me. I replaced the Fabspeeds with the Fisters and i have been happy ever since. The combination of AWE center delete and the side mufflers from FD is excellent in my opinion.

Are those the OEM tips? They seem a little larger.
Old 09-27-2018, 11:22 PM
keithgreer
Racer

Got them installed yesterday. So glad I did it. Here is the result.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fister exhaust input from owners