Sponsored by:

Last month to build a 991.2 C2?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 09:01 PM
stinz
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Last month to build a 991.2 C2?

Anything definitive from Porsche as to when they will stop taking builds on the 991.2 C2s?
Old 09-12-2018, 01:55 AM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

Received 552 Likes on 334 Posts

I know they wouldn't take an order on a C4 base as of 9/06.

Had a deposit and a dealer allocation (for a C4S that the dealer thought they could use, had been previously successful with changes) for that C4 base. But no deal said the factory/distributor people.

The SA came back and made me an offer to take the C4S allocation, higher price, but with a higher % discount. It was the right price, better than I could find in comparable sales, so I took the offer.

The closer it gets to 2019, the harder it may become to order. I know that new 911 dealer stock is very small, CPO is as well. Because many 911 are individualized, used ones may force compromises.

Looked at a 2017 C4S CPO that stickered at 140+k, new, asking 119k, but it had options I didn't want and the wrong colors. I don't know how low they would have gone with that one as I didn't make an offer, but the car I ordered was substantially less and optioned my way.

Good luck.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:01 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,365 Likes on 2,308 Posts

Originally Posted by stinz
Anything definitive from Porsche as to when they will stop taking builds on the 991.2 C2s?
I'll find out and let you know.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:08 PM
stinz
AutoX

Originally Posted by BSO
I know they wouldn't take an order on a C4 base as of 9/06.

Had a deposit and a dealer allocation (for a C4S that the dealer thought they could use, had been previously successful with changes) for that C4 base. But no deal said the factory/distributor people.

The SA came back and made me an offer to take the C4S allocation, higher price, but with a higher % discount. It was the right price, better than I could find in comparable sales, so I took the offer.

The closer it gets to 2019, the harder it may become to order. I know that new 911 dealer stock is very small, CPO is as well. Because many 911 are individualized, used ones may force compromises.

Looked at a 2017 C4S CPO that stickered at 140+k, new, asking 119k, but it had options I didn't want and the wrong colors. I don't know how low they would have gone with that one as I didn't make an offer, but the car I ordered was substantially less and optioned my way.

Good luck.
Thank you for your quick response. My BA , whom I feel I can trust (I know, I know), assured me that he had an allocation coming in Sept, and that it would be mine. Nothing yet. I beginning to wonder, since when I call other dealerships, they can see there allocations for the rest of the year, which as you mentioned, are almost non-existent. 1 C2 per month thru EOY. I would like to do business with this dealership, but am worried that I will run out of time. I do not want the 992.
Will need your good luck wishes!
Old 09-12-2018, 12:09 PM
stinz
AutoX

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
I'll find out and let you know.
Much appreciated! Thx!
Old 09-16-2018, 04:32 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,365 Likes on 2,308 Posts

From my SA, who works at one of the better dealerships:

"All rumors and speculations as of now for the 992 and nothing official has been put out. In regards to the 991.2 we already received our allocations through the end of the year, so we probably won't see a big bulk anymore, maybe a few sprinkled here and there, and only for select models since some have already stopped. All that leads me to believe the 992 will be available by the 2nd quarter (April/May). But they could surprise us all and push it back."

He will keep me updated and I will do the same.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:46 PM
stinz
AutoX

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
From my SA, who works at one of the better dealerships:

"All rumors and speculations as of now for the 992 and nothing official has been put out. In regards to the 991.2 we already received our allocations through the end of the year, so we probably won't see a big bulk anymore, maybe a few sprinkled here and there, and only for select models since some have already stopped. All that leads me to believe the 992 will be available by the 2nd quarter (April/May). But they could surprise us all and push it back."

He will keep me updated and I will do the same.
This is crazy! No one wants my money!!!! lollol

Last edited by stinz; 09-21-2018 at 04:04 PM. Reason: no longer applicable

Quick Reply: Last month to build a 991.2 C2?