Sponsored by:

Anyone gone from GT3 to 991.2 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 12:20 PM
Airbag997
Rennlist Member

Received 439 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
So I test drove a 2015 gt3 and...... i was utterly disappointed. Yes, I know it's pretty much a track car but it surely felt slower than my gts with just the exhaust. It did handle amazing but it sure felt lifeless unless you stayed between 6k and 9k. I was instantly relieved because I knew I made the right decision for myself getting a 7 speed manual 991.2 gts. I cant wait to tune the car and really wake it up. To me the gt3 only make sense if you are going to be doing heavy tracking. Just my .02 and I know I will get flamed. I however did love that exhaust note
Exact sentiment here. Did a lengthy test drive in a 991.1 GT3 and walked away thinking "that's it?", just too much hype built up. It felt too disconnected at low speed, effectively "numb". Granted on a track the car shines, but for DD duty it's downright boring and "gutless" unless you're above 6500 RPM. I also wasn't a big fan of the RWS feel either, felt artificial to me. With that said the motor is world class and definitely something to be experienced. The first thought that ran through my head is "this is a four wheel crotch rocket!". But finding a safe space to stretch it's legs and experience that glorious 9k song is rare. Even when I do get a clear on-ramp by the time you shift out of 2nd you breaking the speed limit by double digits.

The other thing that was in the back of my mind, even with the 10/120k extended motor warranty, was reliability... of the two different GT3's I test drove, both had a very rough idle and a decent amount of smoke on start up. Definitely not that smooth flat 6 I'm accustom to. I ended up getting a C4S instead. A lot more usable/fun power for day to day driving. Plus the extra backseat comes in handy if I need to bring the kiddo.

Quick Reply: Anyone gone from GT3 to 991.2 GTS