Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche and warranty

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 12:42 PM
justabout
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 212 Posts

A broken seat latch seems like a safety item to me. The dealer should be all over this.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:51 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,316 Likes on 723 Posts

Originally Posted by justabout
A broken seat latch seems like a safety item to me. The dealer should be all over this.
Not quite, the seat locks fine, the opposite latch still works.
BTW, I don't think the dealer cares for one safety. They'll tell you not to drive your car until they feel like fixing it.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:17 AM
pbinsf
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a warped pair of door panels in my 2014 C4. Rattles during bass-y music from bose rattle even the door handles. I am approaching Porsche Beaverton outside of PDX OR who has already told me they aren't covered under CPO. I seem to remember a specific thread about this in 991, early models and guys getting them covered. He told me, rattles are not covered. I said, well, rattle is due to warped panel and they should be replaced, known issue.

This is a 2014 C4 stick shift CPO car "imported" to me from East Coast (came out of Brumos through VA, etc.). Perfect car, stock, 20k miles (5k from me) over last 6mo. I am going in for my first service and they are planning 4 yr/40k service and will charge me 1750 plus 275 for brake flush. They will give me 10% off PCA discount.

So…my intention is to find my dealer home. I have choice of 2 other dealer (one in Bend), one out of state…well, if I go out of state, it will be to Bay Area (want to avoid sales tax, as we have none in OR) so more dealers there to chose from. I want Beaverton, and I am approaching as humble and workable and willing…but this early test is leaving a bad taste in mouth … already. I want them to say to me, sure, we will take a look at it and see what we can do. Was a little quick on the rebuff…but it was email…so there's that.

Advice welcome and appreciated. Best to all y'all...

pb
Old 09-21-2018, 10:26 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,364 Likes on 2,307 Posts

Stop in and ask to talk to the Service Manager and explain your situation to him just as you have here, Being humble at times is a good thing, especially during the initial conversation. And you can refer to threads here were others were taken care of in regards to the warped door panels so do your homework and go prepared.
Old 09-30-2018, 03:18 PM
pbinsf
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Delighted to report that all is well after my recent service. I had items replaced under warranty and Porsche Beaverton Service Dept was delightful!

Thank you all for the advice...

I think I have found my dealer home! I really enjoyed visiting their facilities…though I would have liked to see their enthusiasm reach toward my level…what can one expect…I was new to it, they get to work there every day!

I also got to see a fellow pick up his brand new 911 GTS. what a happy guy…I shook his hand and said, "welcome to the club." he was ear to ear...
Old 09-30-2018, 10:44 PM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,013 Likes on 644 Posts

So much is dependent on the service manager, if you're a repeat buyer etc you can establish a good rapport with him and his staff - and thus warranty fixes tend to run seamlessly. Having said that, the process should be seamless for claims - however, I suspect they tend to end up a little gun shy e.g. I have seen first hand some epic melt downs from customers.

The winner being a guy who was told his brake pads and rotors needed to be replaced on his Carrera, he explained he had extended warranty the service manager explained they were wear items. Seriously, I kid you not.

Good luck with your fix, I'm sure common sense will prevail - it usually does.

Quick Reply: Porsche and warranty