Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New PPF, First Wash, Water Spots everywhere

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 10:04 PM
Gh0st0
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

As others have said, ceramic coating, better soap (recommend chemical guys mr pink) and multiple buckets.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:14 PM
Speed2000
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try just leaving the car in the sun. I had same thing happen on my graphite blue parked at a friends house when his sprinkler system came on while we were out. It all went away after a few days in the sun. If you want, take a hand held hair dryer and wave it around for about 30 seconds and you should see them go away but its easy to get the film too hot. Try it on a mirror and keep you fingers close to where you are working so you don't get it too hot. Once you see them go away with heat, just leave it out in the sun as it will do the same thing only take longer.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:02 PM
kage65
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

I did not use a blower on my last wash. Used only mf towels, and I did not see as many spots, but then again I did not take a flashlight to the car afterwards. A few hours after I washed my car I went out for a celebratory quick drive, and promptly got caught in a down pour lol. After that I cleaned up the car with quick detailer as best as I could. Then the car got rained on hard again yesterday. There are water spots all over the back, but at this point I'm not sure I care anymore. The forecast has rain off an on over the next several days. I'm leaving the spots on the car and may wash again later in the week. I ordered car pro reload and will put that on soon. I think after trying to keep them off only to get rained on, I'm starting to let it go, which is a good thing.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:04 PM
Peter80
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Getting a bit complicated, not sure that coatings or not has any bearing on this problem. It's hard limescale water and/or soap residue dried on. Reckon blowing it dry might not help. I wash mine (not in sun) with a G-technic shampoo (it had some type of G-technic nano-technology coating whatever that is by dealer at ridiculous cost), rinse and dry off immediately with a micro-fibre cloth. Even then I still get a few spots so I go round with a 'quick detailer', whatever that is. On previous black cars without coatings, I found that Autoglym waxing removed it but I suspect polishing in limescale residue could be a swirler. Exactly same problem on my wife's dark red car (uncoated) if not wiped dry immediately, not so bad when used good quality Autoglym shampoo but once had cheap supermarket stuff and it left an awful mess, just wouldn't rinse off properly.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:10 PM
Peter80
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

On the matter of rain water, really weird. Sometimes, it leaves white water marks on my perfectly finished car. Sometimes it leaves like fine dust circles. Other times, it seems to remove water marks left from car not being finished properly. Guess the quality of rainwater is variable!

Quick Reply: New PPF, First Wash, Water Spots everywhere