Sponsored by:

MMC quoted me $2860 to replace 4 tires.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 03:41 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by be_cuey
I would not recommend MMC. They have no clue what they are talking about. I had my SD stearing wheel installed there and it was installed off center twice! Also asked them to program my PSE button and I basically had to explain how the PSE system works. They always seem to find something wrong with tires. Although Mr. Holland said he would match any price i find for tires (even Tirerack). keep in mind though that tirerack gives you some warranty that any dealer would not give you.
Although I must say MMC did a great job picking up and dropping off my car from my parking garage the numerous times they had to correct they work.

I am sure any dealer in NJ or even LI would be happy to pick up your car for your NYC dollars. Anyone have any experience with service as Porsche of Roslyn or Huntington etc?
Ah you had the same service adviser as me. I personally have no issues with him on a personal level - very nice guy - very genuine and I don't think he's a bad apple. I question the techs and what they tell him. Luckily everything is covered under warranty.

I can tell you I was extremely annoyed that 2 days after I get it back - it overheated again. What if I were on a long distance journey because I trusted the tech that all was checked and double checked.

I understand that situation is not unique to me (being on a long weekend drive) - but for goodness sake...
Old 09-12-2018, 03:43 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Originally Posted by JPJRJR70
I’ll say it again, MMC Sales, f- - -ing amazing! Service not good and clearly shady, same issue happened to me as OP, went to Ray Catena, they laughed. MMC Detail/PPF absolutely horrible! Not even worth talking about it, huge waste of time! Do yourself a favor and go to Ray Catena, they even pick up and drop off. Reasonable priced. Just my two cents....
I gave them a shot to make a deal when I was looking for my 911 4S. No budging at all - not sure they took me seriously to be honest.

Gave the same to Sun Motors, Cherry Hill, and Ray Catena (told me no negotiation at all since they couldn't even guarantee me an allotment).

Porsche Warrington Pa on the other hand gave me a really good deal and I signed immediately. When I went back to Ray Catena with the Range Rover or service, I stopped by Porsche to look at the 911 GT3RS they just got in - and the salesman (Last name Marinelli) was totally shocked I had signed the deal - even asking me to bring it in to show him the car (said he never saw blue over red but I think he might have thought I was making it up).

I'm a really simple person when it comes to negotiation. I give a chance, I get a price. I don't like to haggle - I don't like to send back an email "Come on - come down another few points, etc). I tell them straight up I just want their best price and I'm not going to counter. They all gave figures - (one of which was so ridiculous.... I wouldn't even reply).
Old 09-12-2018, 03:48 PM
JPJRJR70
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradley Scott
I gave them a shot to make a deal when I was looking for my 911 4S. No budging at all - not sure they took me seriously to be honest.

Gave the same to Sun Motors, Cherry Hill, and Ray Catena (told me no negotiation at all since they couldn't even guarantee me an allotment).

Porsche Warrington Pa on the other hand gave me a really good deal and I signed immediately. When I went back to Ray Catena with the Range Rover or service, I stopped by Porsche to look at the 911 GT3RS they just got in - and the salesman (Last name Marinelli) was totally shocked I had signed the deal - even asking me to bring it in to show him the car (said he never saw blue over red but I think he might have thought I was making it up).

I'm a really simple person when it comes to negotiation. I give a chance, I get a price. I don't like to haggle - I don't like to send back an email "Come on - come down another few points, etc). I tell them straight up I just want their best price and I'm not going to counter. They all gave figures - (one of which was so ridiculous.... I wouldn't even reply).
true, RC Porsche Sales sucks! They never discount nor give a good deal. I’m going to try Flemington Porsche for my service since the price is right.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:55 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

true, RC Porsche Sales sucks! They never discount nor give a good deal. I’m going to try Flemington Porsche for my service since the price is right.
Truth. No discount on the Range Rover. No proposed discount on the Porsche.

Free market - we went elsewhere for the Porsche.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:23 PM
spiderv6
Drifting

Received 265 Likes on 137 Posts

Let me know how Flemington are. Used them once for a warranty issue and all was good, but they are a very small dealer and from what I can see don't seem to move much inventory, so I worry how much spanner time the techs actually get (and whether or not they spend more time working on Audi/VW etc. as the dealership deems to be inter-connected).
Old 09-12-2018, 10:10 PM
sapman
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

My experience at MMC is limited to buying parts and sales of CPO cars. For parts, they weren’t hugely more expensive and have been convenient in the past. However, their used car prices are mostly a lot higher than other dealers. Occasionally they have something well priced.

Dealers are expensive everywhere. When I was in Houston I expected the dealers to be significantly cheaper for service than in the northeast. They weren’t. They have to pay for those expensive overheads somehow I guess.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:44 PM
The Ox
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 78 Posts

Reading this thread, what a nightmare and unacceptable dealer. I realize it's probably at least 40 miles out of your way, but I have been using Huntington Porsche out here on Long Island. First for an '09 CPO 911S I did not buy from them ,and currently, a new '17 base 911 I bought in Philly. Service is excellent, always has a loaner for me, Boxster with manual, Cayman, Macan, Cayenne, etc. . Call Sean Brereton, 631-424-1307, Good guy, honest, knows his stuff and a true car guy.

Good luck.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:38 AM
mgordon18
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 134 Posts

Thought I'd post this for funsies. I just received this email from MMC. Note how their "special" is basically allowing you to pay them $199 so they can inspect your car to find more things wrong with it and charge you to fix. It's all inspections and tests.
Manhattan MotorcarsPORSCHE FALL SERVICE SPECIAL $199.00

As you may know, it is important to care for your Porsche in the Fall season to prepare it for the cold winter approaching us. Porsche Manhattan welcomes you to take advantage of our Fall Services at a special low price. This multi-point inspection and check will assure that your vehicle is performing to manufacturer specification.The Porsche Fall Service Special includes the following:
  • Full Multipoint Vehicle Inspection
  • Brake inspection and wear test
  • Inspect Air Conditioning System for maximum efficiency
  • Pressure test Coolant system for leaks
  • Wiper blades inspection and washer fluid top-off
  • Tire condition inspection
  • Update Engine computer with latest software
  • Suspension and driveline inspection
  • Battery inspection and strength test
Present this coupon to your advisor for special rates and pricing on additional service and accessories:
  • Fall Detail Special: Full Spa Wash and Detail $225.00 (Retail $350.00)
  • Nitrogen Tire Service: Stable gas increases tire life and performance $179.00 (Retail $225.00)
  • Car Cover Special: See your service advisor for special pricing on assorted car cover options.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:42 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,116 Likes on 666 Posts

Personally, could not stop laughing at the Nitrogen Tire Service for $179,
Old 09-14-2018, 01:07 PM
mgordon18
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
Personally, could not stop laughing at the Nitrogen Tire Service for $179,
Sounds like a great deal though. It retails for $225. That's 20% off! You should run right over there.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:38 PM
dchang81
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by mgordon18
Sounds like a great deal though. It retails for $225. That's 20% off! You should run right over there.
Buy nitrogen in bulk at Costco for zero dollars.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:13 PM
spiderv6
Drifting

Received 265 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by mgordon18
As you may know, it is important to care for your Porsche in the Fall season to prepare it for the cold winter approaching us. Porsche Manhattan welcomes you to take advantage of our Fall Services at a special low price. This multi-point inspection and check will assure that your vehicle is performing to manufacturer specification.The Porsche Fall Service Special includes the following:
  • Full Multipoint Vehicle Inspection
  • Brake inspection and wear test
  • Inspect Air Conditioning System for maximum efficiency
  • Pressure test Coolant system for leaks
  • Wiper blades inspection and washer fluid top-off
  • Tire condition inspection
  • Update Engine computer with latest software
  • Suspension and driveline inspection
  • Battery inspection and strength test
Present this coupon to your advisor for special rates and pricing on additional service and accessories:
  • Fall Detail Special: Full Spa Wash and Detail $225.00 (Retail $350.00)
  • Nitrogen Tire Service: Stable gas increases tire life and performance $179.00 (Retail $225.00)
  • Car Cover Special: See your service advisor for special pricing on assorted car cover options.
So you pay them $199 to stand and look at your car. People actually fall for this??!
Old 09-14-2018, 03:02 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,116 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by The Ox
Reading this thread, what a nightmare and unacceptable dealer. I realize it's probably at least 40 miles out of your way, but I have been using Huntington Porsche out here on Long Island. First for an '09 CPO 911S I did not buy from them ,and currently, a new '17 base 911 I bought in Philly. Service is excellent, always has a loaner for me, Boxster with manual, Cayman, Macan, Cayenne, etc. . Call Sean Brereton, 631-424-1307, Good guy, honest, knows his stuff and a true car guy.

Good luck.

Just so you know, I believe MMC and Huntington have the same owner(s).
Old 09-14-2018, 06:32 PM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

* sigh *
Old 09-15-2018, 06:49 AM
blurum
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by The Ox

Good luck.
Sean B. is indeed a good honest service writer. Total car guy and knows Porsche products real well. Also modded his own Boxster. I think Macan sales have impacted most dealers with workloads and mechanics are rushed everywhere impacting quality of work. For now I stick with Porsche of Huntington because of Sean. But everything dealer will have issues. People will make mistakes. How minor and how dealer makes the customer whole from them for the customer is also key. What I can’t tolerate are liars.
so a guy like Sean is refreshing in this industry .

Quick Reply: MMC quoted me $2860 to replace 4 tires.