Sponsored by:

Extended Leather Dash

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 04:46 PM
tahoeblue
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Extended Leather Dash

I have ordered this option, and debating whether to specify deviated GT Silver stitch for top and far sides of dash (to match rest of interior), or go with black stitch (on black dash).

Wondering if the black stitch might reduce reflections from windshield, and/or even look better in this area than the silver stitch.

Any comments or photos appreciated.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:59 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 360 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by tahoeblue
I have ordered this option, and debating whether to specify deviated GT Silver stitch for top and far sides of dash (to match rest of interior), or go with black stitch (on black dash).

Wondering if the black stitch might reduce reflections from windshield, and/or even look better in this area than the silver stitch.

One of the things I like the most about my interior is the deviated stitching, particularly on the dashboard. It just makes the interior pop. I personally have not noticed any reflections or distractions while driving.

I may be wrong, but I don't think you can spec different color stitching for the dashboard than for the rest of the car. Don't know if that is even available as a CXX exclusive option, but I'm not aware of it.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:07 AM
shing911500e
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by tahoeblue

Silver deviated stitch is awesome. I just drove 350 miles in my brand new Carrera T and loved every minute of the interior in this spec. No glare etc. Just gratitude for the chosen option..

Old 08-14-2018, 02:13 AM
tahoeblue
Racer

Default Totally understand your points

Originally Posted by alex_c
One of the things I like the most about my interior is the deviated stitching, particularly on the dashboard. It just makes the interior pop. I personally have not noticed any reflections or distractions while driving.

I may be wrong, but I don't think you can spec different color stitching for the dashboard than for the rest of the car. Don't know if that is even available as a CXX exclusive option, but I'm not aware of it.
Deviated stitch overall is key to make the interior pop.

No no need to go to CXX to make the stitch for extended leather dash different than other parts of the interior. This can be done via the dealer configurator. You can spec different stitch for the dash, doors, etc. Now it would be sort of crazy to put various stitch colors around the interior. But I wonder if black stitch might look more purposeful and “custom,” while retaining that extra feeling of luxury, on the extended leather dash.

Pics please, if available, of black stitch on top of dash, with lighter stitch elsewhere.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:21 AM
tahoeblue
Racer

Default Very nice!

Originally Posted by shing911500e
Silver deviated stitch is awesome. I just drove 350 miles in my brand new Carrera T and loved every minute of the interior in this spec. No glare etc. Just gratitude for the chosen option..

The 911T interior looks just great, including the deviated stitch. But doesn’t look like you have the extended leather dash, as questioned in this thread.

Enjoy that car!

Quick Reply: Extended Leather Dash