Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PPF (Paint Protection Film). Yay or Nay?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 02:55 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Say Yes to PPF

Originally Posted by Big Swole
Can you recommend your best installer or two in the Atlanta Area (Someone that can remove old, paint correct where needed, and replace with new XPEL Ult. If they do Ceramic Coatings, that'd be a plus!

Oh, and if the posted above doesn't want the Swap pack, I'll Gladly take it and advertise for you
Hey Big Swole,

Atlanta area we could recommend going to see Derek at Atlanta Protective Films -- 678-687-0888. Be sure to tell him that XPEL sent you as he does offer more than one type of film. He's an excellent installer and will be able to help you out.

I'll tell you what, once you get this next car wrapped with XPEL, I will happily send you an XPEL Swag Pack. Keep us posted on the thread with the progress.

Let us know if we can answer any other questions.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:58 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Originally Posted by XPEL
Hey Big Swole,

Atlanta area we could recommend going to see Derek at Atlanta Protective Films -- 678-687-0888. Be sure to tell him that XPEL sent you as he does offer more than one type of film. He's an excellent installer and will be able to help you out.

I'll tell you what, once you get this next car wrapped with XPEL, I will happily send you an XPEL Swag Pack. Keep us posted on the thread with the progress.

Let us know if we can answer any other questions.
Excellent Sir! Thank you!

I sent you an email, as I wasn't sure you'd get this post, so you can disregard it if you want.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:51 PM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 207 Posts

Excellent Sir! Thank you!

I sent you an email, as I wasn't sure you'd get this post, so you can disregard it if you want.
I am not sure if Atlanta Protective Films does Ceramic Coating. If not, let me know. I can refer you to an installer in fge Alpharetta/Milton area that did the 718 with CS2 Titanium, including paint correction. I have the GT4 coated in GTechniq and wanted to try something different on the 718. Really liking the CS2.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:55 PM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Update on my ClearPlex. I decided to remove it today and either look for a reasonable installer to replace it, or gamble on replacing the windshield of it gets cracked / chipped badly.

Pics showing the age of my Clearplex.. What you can't see is the numerous nicks which cause horrible rain wiper function and noise.

1/4 of passengers side done

All of it completely off. I took the car out of the heat / sun for a while and it came off easier without the glue / adhesive staying on.

Have you made any progress on this? I was going to have ExoShield installed on my windshield, but that product seems to have issues. Now I'm thinking I will do Clearplex and found an installer, but haven't committed yet. Thoughts on whether it's worth it?
Old 08-24-2018, 03:02 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Originally Posted by iammacey
I am not sure if Atlanta Protective Films does Ceramic Coating. If not, let me know. I can refer you to an installer in fge Alpharetta/Milton area that did the 718 with CS2 Titanium, including paint correction. I have the GT4 coated in GTechniq and wanted to try something different on the 718. Really liking the CS2.
I think he said he does Not do ceramics.
I'm in a holding pattern due to tryin go to decide on buying a Fidelity Warranty.

Originally Posted by iammacey
Have you made any progress on this? I was going to have ExoShield installed on my windshield, but that product seems to have issues. Now I'm thinking I will do Clearplex and found an installer, but haven't committed yet. Thoughts on whether it's worth it?

I think if it could be done every 2-3 years for $200-$300, it'd be worth it. However, I don't know how long it truly last. I guess it all depends on how much it's in the sun and how often it gets pegged by rocks.
I follow a group drive pretty close in the mountains for a couple of days and the rocks were horrible coming off the sticky hot tires. It made the clearplex very rough from getting nicked up. So the wipers didn't work well and made a good bit of noise.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:04 PM
Clive2018
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPF Yay

I'd like to do a full wrap but from the initial research it looks like it comes down to the installers. Can anyone recommend a reliable and top notch install team for a full wrap PPF in the Bay Area?
Old 11-21-2018, 11:56 AM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Clear Bra

Originally Posted by Clive2018
I'd like to do a full wrap but from the initial research it looks like it comes down to the installers. Can anyone recommend a reliable and top notch install team for a full wrap PPF in the Bay Area?
You're absolutely right that finding an installer is extremely important. You'll want to narrow your search down to a couple and then go to their shop in person. Not only will this let you gauge their workmanship, but also their customer support. Be sure to ask them to wrap edges, remove badges, and take plenty of care when it comes to prepping the surface. This will give you the best end results.

While we have quite a few in the Bay Area - XPEL Certified Installers in the Bay Area. I've also included a couple of those options below.

Elite Auto Films - Fremont, CA
Ask for Goshen (510) 936-4601

Mum Sports - Fremont, CA
Ask for Sayed (510) 657-3224

GMP Cars - Novato, CA
Ask for Eric (415) 883-2041
Old 11-21-2018, 12:21 PM
orclean1
Pro

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

I have seen EXOSHEILD which is clearer then CLEARPLEX but it is to new on the market , i just had clearplex installed and i feel its worth wild , rather replace it then a windsheild , replacement are never the same as fasctory
Old 11-21-2018, 01:23 PM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by orclean1
I have seen EXOSHEILD which is clearer then CLEARPLEX but it is to new on the market , i just had clearplex installed and i feel its worth wild , rather replace it then a windsheild , replacement are never the same as fasctory
Thank you for sharing this. I am hopeful to finally get ExoShield installed early December. The Alchemy crew are planned to be in Atlanta for an installer training and I'm dropping my car off for that.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:05 PM
orclean1
Pro

SOUNDS LIKE A FREEBE , LET US KNOW HOW IT HOLDS UP SINCE I WANT TO USE ON MY NEXT RIDE , GOOD LUCK
Old 11-21-2018, 02:06 PM
orclean1
Pro

HOW OLD WAS THE CLEARPLEX AND WHERE IN THE USA IS THE CAR WHICH MAKES THE DIFFERENCE IN LONGEVITY
Old 11-21-2018, 02:44 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Even at 35mph you will get knicks in the paint
Old 11-21-2018, 03:36 PM
phefner
Rennlist Member

Received 699 Likes on 416 Posts

Decided to put on winters and not store so changed mind and going with PPF on full front, roof glossy black panels around sunroof, lower rocker, rear quarter, and lower strip on rear bumper. Attaching what my detailer, Ivan at Lustr came up with. We decided to not split the piece and just eat the extra cost in a single film solution.

http://lustrdetail.com/

Last edited by phefner; 11-21-2018 at 03:38 PM. Reason: syntax
Old 12-06-2018, 11:07 PM
911NOLA
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I am looking for a quality installer in the New Orleans or Baton Rouge Louisiana area. My new GTS is arriving late this month. I am thinking of going full vehicle wrap. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:46 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default XPEL in NOLA

Originally Posted by 911NOLA
I am looking for a quality installer in the New Orleans or Baton Rouge Louisiana area. My new GTS is arriving late this month. I am thinking of going full vehicle wrap. Thanks in advance for any help.
911NOLA,

Check out our list of XPEL Certified Installers HERE. You'll want to narrow your search down to at least 2 and go to their shops in person. This way you can gauge their workmanship, and their customer support. Be sure to ask for wrapped edges and badges to be removed for a much cleaner looking installation.

Typical coverage for a 911 GTS would be to do the full front end and rocker panels. This includes the full hood, full front fenders, front bumper, side mirrors, and the rocker panels including behind the rear wheel. We'll of course remove the factory piece in front of the rear tire commonly referred to as the shark fin and replace with our own kit that covers more of that body panel.

If you haven't gotten a chance yet, check out our XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS Video to see the rigorous tests we put the film through.

Hope this info helps, let us know if we can help with anything else or answer any questions.

Quick Reply: PPF (Paint Protection Film). Yay or Nay?