991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 Aerokit - Flash Sale!

Old 08-13-2018, 07:49 PM
windblow
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Sport Design rear spoiler is a Tequipment accessory to compliment all 991.2 models. It would be very surprising for Porsche to sell this add-on kit as an accessory and not fit.

Tequipment Sport Design Rear Spoiler
Old 08-14-2018, 09:13 AM
SuncoastParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 154 Likes on 83 Posts

Captures from the installation guide. Like I mentioned earlier, we include this in our kit and haven't had any issues with anyone receiving extra parts so far.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow our Project 718 Build Thread!

Stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter
Facebook

Old 08-14-2018, 10:06 AM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 360 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by SuncoastParts
According to Porsche's installation guide the spoiler lower part must also be ordered so our price includes that part. We can certainly get just the upper part at the lower price, but the install guide shows two parts needed for some cars. It says to check if the lower part of the spoiler is already installed on the car before installing, so you wouldn't know until you have the upper part removed.

Dealer programming is not required for this upgrade
Well, you actually know without removing anything:

If you have a C4/C4S you DO need the extra lower part.

If you have a C2/C2S produced BEFORE week 45/2016 you DO need the extra part.

If you have a C2/C2S produced after week 45/2016 you DO NOT need that part.
The following users liked this post:
JemsGem (12-30-2022)
Old 08-14-2018, 06:28 PM
windblow
Instructor

Originally Posted by SuncoastParts
Captures from the installation guide. Like I mentioned earlier, we include this in our kit and haven't had any issues with anyone receiving extra parts so far.

Thank you for posting this info!!! Now we're clear what's needed.

Originally Posted by alex_c
Well, you actually know without removing anything:

If you have a C4/C4S you DO need the extra lower part.

If you have a C2/C2S produced BEFORE week 45/2016 you DO need the extra part.

If you have a C2/C2S produced after week 45/2016 you DO NOT need that part.
My understanding is,

Any car produced from week 45/2016 whether c2, c4,c2s,c4s, gts, etc comes with the updated lower part - no need for anything else with the kit.

c2/c2s before week 45/2016 MAY NEED to get new lower part 991.502.205.06 - need to check car for this part.

c4/c4s before week 45/2016 MAY NEED to get lower part 991.502.205.27 - need to check car for this part.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:41 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 676 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by mikex25
suncoast does make it easier to order parts due to their user friendly and categorized site, but they need to be more competitive on pricing. Especially when 4 places or more are selling it cheaper. How much volume they do in parts, I know they can do better.
I've never understood the logic here. Why should someone be just as cheap as others when they do a better job at supporting the channel? Running a great website costs more than an old outdated one, and helpful employees deserve a higher wage – that all has to cascade down to the consumer at some point. If you don't see value in the expertise and professionalism, buy it from the cheaper guys.

Just my 2¢
Old 08-14-2018, 09:22 PM
windblow
Instructor

Originally Posted by 12v Nick
I've never understood the logic here. Why should someone be just as cheap as others when they do a better job at supporting the channel? Running a great website costs more than an old outdated one, and helpful employees deserve a higher wage – that all has to cascade down to the consumer at some point. If you don't see value in the expertise and professionalism, buy it from the cheaper guys.

Just my 2¢
I think you're comparing apples and oranges here, Nick. If a product is clearly shown to have added values with R/D going into it then the price is justified (your Musicar tweeters kit is an example). If it's just an order from OEM equipment/accessory list then it's price dependent. If SuncoastParts in this case had clearly posted from the start what part(s) are necessary for the install of the kit then there would have been no confusion and their price would have been justified. As I said earlier, if someone would a build week 45/2016 and later had ordered in this case without due diligence, he/she would have paid for the unnecessary part and it would have been wasted.

Nowadays, a good and friendly website is the minimum requirement for business success. If you have an old outdated one, you shouldn't be in business.

BTW, I did not hesitate buying your Musicar Tweeters for my 991.2 for one moment. A phenominal product, Nick!
Old 08-14-2018, 09:39 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 676 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by windblow
I think you're comparing apples and oranges here, Nick. If a product is clearly shown to have added values with R/D going into it then the price is justified (your Musicar tweeters kit is an example). If it's just an order from OEM equipment/accessory list then it's price dependent. If SuncoastParts in this case had clearly posted from the start what part(s) are necessary for the install of the kit then there would have been no confusion and their price would have been justified. As I said earlier, if someone would a build week 45/2016 and later had ordered in this case without due diligence, he/she would have paid for the unnecessary part and it would have been wasted.

Nowadays, a good and friendly website is the minimum requirement for business success. If you have an old outdated one, you shouldn't be in business.

BTW, I did not hesitate buying your Musicar Tweeters for my 991.2 for one moment. A phenominal product, Nick!
Thanks for the support on the Tweeters!

I can definitely see from your perspective there. However, I think at the end of the day it comes down to where a certain consumer places value. For me, I'll buy the same pre-packaged foods and supplies from my local grocer rather than Wal-Mart because I believe one of them cares more about my business than the other. Once I get them home it's all the same, but I feel better inside giving my money to someone who did a better job of earning it. Definitely can't expect everyone to operate that way. In fact, I may just be a bit weird – I don't even order anything from Amazon

Sorry for derailing this thread – back to you Suncoast!

Nick
Old 08-15-2018, 02:50 AM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

This is for a different car but can you order an Aerokit rear end spoiler for a 997.2?
Old 08-17-2018, 03:31 AM
mikex25

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Just my 2¢
Thanks for the support on the Tweeters!

I can definitely see from your perspective there. However, I think at the end of the day it comes down to where a certain consumer places value. For me, I'll buy the same pre-packaged foods and supplies from my local grocer rather than Wal-Mart because I believe one of them cares more about my business than the other. Once I get them home it's all the same, but I feel better inside giving my money to someone who did a better job of earning it. Definitely can't expect everyone to operate that way. In fact, I may just be a bit weird – I don't even order anything from Amazon

Sorry for derailing this thread – back to you Suncoast!

Nick
i am going to provide you with my 2 cents then.

I agree with the other poster and they both sell the same parts, which are OEM Porsche parts. What should diffentiate, one from the other should be customer service am I correct? I would gladly pay more for customer service, but let me tell you a story.

I used to extensively use suncoast. However last year they sent me the wrong parts for 2 orders in a ROW. The first time being a front lip, which I had to deal with an exchange. I had to send the parts back first, then wait another week for the correct lip to get to them, then another week to get to me. So it took me almost a month to get this lip.

I get it mistakes happen, so I decided to give them another shot and ordered colored seat belts, these are special order from Germany, so basically a company should get it right the first time. I waited over a month to finally get this in. As you should know the installation involves removing practically the entire interior of the rear. They also had me provide my vin in order to make sure, they ordered the right ones.

While I was ironically on the very last rear seat belt, I realized they sent me a cabrio one but I have a coupe, which does not fit. With my interior disessembled, I reached out to them and they promised me, they would order the right one and next day it to me as soon as they get it. I wait around another month for the belts to reach them and they send it to me STANDARD MAIL. Myself being clear across the country takes another week.

Going back to your point Nick, I get it suncoast has more employees and it takes money to build a website. Why should I pay more for mistakes after mistakes?

We are not talking about a skill based business such as a PPF, body shop, and etc. I was willing to pay 10k to ppf my whole car, were they the most expensive? By far, but do they make mistakes? No, everything is perfect in every way. Suncoast sells OEM parts, the same as every other dealer, part from them is the same from another.

You say if I don’t value expertise and professionalism, then I should get it from the cheaper guys. After reading my story, what sort of expertise and professionalism did I pay extra for? While the cheaper guys, have not mistaken an order as of yet.

Here is my 2 cents, maybe you had a different experience as myself, but I feel there should be an incentive to higher prices.

Last edited by mikex25; 08-17-2018 at 11:10 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 991.2 Aerokit - Flash Sale!