Sponsored by:

Vektor Performance - Performance Headers

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 09:44 AM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Received 354 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Pics installed? Any reduction in ground clearance?
I will grab some the next time we have the car on the lift (soon) so I can get a good shot across the flat bottom. They are lower than factory, but not the lowest point. You'll smack a few other things (including the rear subframe support) before impacting the header tubes.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:48 AM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
Has anyone released a dyno showing gains on a gts?
I've not seen a GTS plot yet, but given the improvement in VE, power increases will scale with power output. In short the GTS, or any modified setup, should have higher gains than the lower trim levels and otherwise stock setups.

Old 07-31-2018, 12:14 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 542 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Pics installed? Any reduction in ground clearance?
There are many pics in the review article:
https://motoiq.com/testing-vektor-pe...e-911-carrera/

Old 08-04-2018, 05:46 PM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

A customer shared a few photos and data with us. The car already had installed: AMS ICs, IPD plenum, BMC air filter, catless downpipes, and Akrapovic exhaust. The car does have a tune.

During the dyno, only a large central fan was used. No blowers for the ICs.

Some header glow from a dyno pull. This picture illustrates why we choose 321SS material for maximum durability.

It should be noticed again that no fans were used for the ICs. As more dyno data is coming out for the 991.2, it seems apparent the ECU limits top-end power if intake manifold temperatures get too hot due to a lack of airflow over the ICs. The customer has a set of GTS turbos ready to go onto the car to increase the top-end power. In the words of the customer, "The car pulls hard. I'm not sure if the plots show the real deal... but at the track it is very consistent."
Old 08-06-2018, 06:48 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,189 Likes on 628 Posts

Originally Posted by VektorPerformance
A customer shared a few photos and data with us. The car already had installed: AMS ICs, IPD plenum, BMC air filter, catless downpipes, and Akrapovic exhaust. The car does have a tune.

Is there any chance of getting a sound clip of this car. Its similar to what I am building. I have the IPD plenum and the AMS Intercoolers. I have my COBB AP but tune not on yet and I am thinking Vektor Headers and AKrapovic exhaust. Mine is a GTS. I would love to here this customers car.
Old 08-06-2018, 09:09 PM
Plautos
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
Is there any chance of getting a sound clip of this car. Its similar to what I am building. I have the IPD plenum and the AMS Intercoolers. I have my COBB AP but tune not on yet and I am thinking Vektor Headers and AKrapovic exhaust. Mine is a GTS. I would love to here this customers car.
hello! please search on instagram @timewonka
Old 08-10-2018, 01:43 AM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

We posted the video to our Facebook page.

You can hear how quickly the turbos spool up once the throttle is applied to start the dyno pull.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:49 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by VektorPerformance
We posted the video to our Facebook page.

You can hear how quickly the turbos spool up once the throttle is applied to start the dyno pull.
Yeah I saw that, Thanks.

Do you have any pics of the White ceramic coated ones as yet?
Old 08-12-2018, 04:06 AM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Plautos
hello! please search on instagram @timewonka
Well, this looks all kinds of awesome:
View this post on Instagram
The following users liked this post:
Canes78 (08-07-2019)
Old 08-13-2018, 04:19 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by spdracerut
Well, this looks all kinds of awesome:
Is pic for effect, or is someone crzier than I, just turbo a GT3.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:01 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Finally they posted a pic on FB. Does anyone have any experience with the white ceramic coating? I know the metal ones look cooler for 10 minutes. But as most headers they go almost a rusty colour. I figured white may look better, especially as I have a white car. I know you don't see them much. Any thoughts on performance?

White ceramic coated Vektor Headers
Old 08-14-2018, 12:19 AM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
Finally they posted a pic on FB. Does anyone have any experience with the white ceramic coating? I know the metal ones look cooler for 10 minutes. But as most headers they go almost a rusty colour. I figured white may look better, especially as I have a white car. I know you don't see them much. Any thoughts on performance?
Swaintech White Lightning Coating is serious motorsports level stuff. It's designed to stay durable and keep the heat in the headers in the toughest applications. I had my cast SR20DET manifold coated and it help up perfectly for 80k miles with drag, auto-x, track use. Then I sold the car. Over time, it will lose some of the whiteness, but it still does it's job of keeping the heat in 100%.

http://swaintech.com/race-coatings/r...aust-coatings/
Old 08-14-2018, 07:54 AM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 621 Likes on 340 Posts

Im wondering if Porsche designed the header to allow heat to escape or if keeping the heat contained within the pipe is desirable. Dont know enough about the design of headers but, apart from being white, do we want to contain heat or let it dissipate naturally?
Old 08-14-2018, 11:05 AM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
Im wondering if Porsche designed the header to allow heat to escape or if keeping the heat contained within the pipe is desirable. Dont know enough about the design of headers but, apart from being white, do we want to contain heat or let it dissipate naturally?
When it comes to turbocharged cars, heat = energy. The more heat you keep in before the turbo, the more energy there is to spool the turbos faster. If you dyno a car with 'cold' headers vs. the same car that already has the headers warmed up, the dyno with the pre-warmed up headers will show faster spool. This is because the cold headers (relatively speaking) will suck heat/energy out of the exhaust before it can get to the turbos.

Here's good info on using just a turbo blanket. Same idea, keeps the heat in the turbo. Also, look at every motorsports turbo engine (F1, Le Mans, WRC, etc); they all have serious insulation on the headers.

https://motoiq.com/nerd-o-scope-keep...urbo-blankets/
Old 08-14-2018, 01:01 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
Originally Posted by spdracerut
When it comes to turbocharged cars, heat = energy. The more heat you keep in before the turbo, the more energy there is to spool the turbos faster. If you dyno a car with 'cold' headers vs. the same car that already has the headers warmed up, the dyno with the pre-warmed up headers will show faster spool. This is because the cold headers (relatively speaking) will suck heat/energy out of the exhaust before it can get to the turbos.

Here's good info on using just a turbo blanket. Same idea, keeps the heat in the turbo. Also, look at every motorsports turbo engine (F1, Le Mans, WRC, etc); they all have serious insulation on the headers.

https://motoiq.com/nerd-o-scope-keep...urbo-blankets/
Yup.

Just look at some modern day designs. Manufacturers are trying to get the turbo as close to the block as possible. Some manufacturers (Volvo, I think VW, and possibly others, have actually made the exhaust manifold part of the block in order to retain as much heat energy into the turbo as possible. Here's a good article, with a link to a video by Engineering Explained:

https://jalopnik.com/automakers-are-...lds-1796305029

So no, keeping exhaust into the turbo isn't a bad thing.

Quick Reply: Vektor Performance - Performance Headers