Be careful moving that seat all the way forward.. - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 991
Reload this Page >

Be careful moving that seat all the way forward..

Notices
Sponsored by:

Be careful moving that seat all the way forward..

Old 07-13-2018, 11:07 PM
Fred R. C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Be careful moving that seat all the way forward..

After washing my car, I decided that I needed to get in the back seat area to clean the rear window. I moved both seats to the end of their forward travel and went to work. When I finished, I found that the seat memory function on the driver's side was not working. No led light, no function. The comfort entry would still move the wheel up and down, but the seat memory was missing altogether.

A trip to the dealer fixed the problem by reprograming the seat memory controller. It required that the the module go through an adaptation procedure. Took all of about 15 minutes to diagnose, fix and reset my seat. Next time I wil be sure to stop before the stop.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:10 PM
cpbmd
User

Good to know. I have done the same but not pushed it to the limit.
Thanks.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:39 PM
achtung6
Addict
Rennlist Member

This happened to me as well. The fix did not require a trip to the dealer. All that was needed was to take the seat through its full range of motion: up, down, forward and back fully. Then the memory buttons on the door worked again.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:50 PM
_RS_
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sure appears like a design oversight somewhere along the line, there must be an explanation.Thanks for the warning.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:03 PM
Bemo
User

#PorscheEngineering.
But surely not nearly as bad as needing a new transmission because the reverse lights aren't working...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Be careful moving that seat all the way forward..

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: