Exclusive Option

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 02:28 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by EXCLUSIVE OPTION
Bxstr,

Positive about 991/981, the steering wheel does not need to be removed to install steering column when done properly. Sun visors uninstall very easily.

Leather Steering Column 991/981
Your website says that you have to remove the steering wheel for the steering column. Is this the case? How easy is it to install?

The Exclusive Option Leather Steering Column Assembly features contrasting stitching sewn across and over the width of the assembly that is hand fitted with a rich leather surface. These 2-piece leather assemblies are a very rare option, but are the perfect companion to the variety of optional Leather steering wheels your Porsche might have. This noticeable part adds an exclusive look to dash of your 911 drivers area; especially when viewed from the side. Replacing the plastic with leather gives your Porsche a distinctive, high quality look. Steering wheel must be removed and professional installation is recommended.
Old 09-27-2018, 02:39 PM
2010panny4S
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

Drool, love the leather pieces... man wish my wallet could afford all of these
Old 09-27-2018, 03:22 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

Deleted
Old 09-27-2018, 07:48 PM
Jack O
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might have to start replacing pieces one at a time! It’s all my wallet can take!
Old 09-27-2018, 11:05 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by tgavem

Purchased seat insert from EO and Frank. Great company and service.
Is this compatible with ventilated seats on 14 Way or 18 Way Sports Seats?
Any option for Red & Black Check?
Old 09-28-2018, 12:05 AM
EXCLUSIVE OPTION
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Excellent pictures and thank you for the positive feedback. Always a pleasure to see our parts installed. We have been very busy this week as many of our sales staff are in Monterrey attending Rennsport 6 as we have an exposition space displaying 6 Porsche models featuring our special leather and Alcantara options.

@ Cowhorn - Thanks for your patience. Another email was re-sent to you, please check your spam folder, You may also PM us directly with your question if your email server has issue.

@PCA1983 - We have various LWB seat insert colors and material choices. We have a Red and White version available in the Peptia / Houndstooth Style. Please PM or email info@exclusiveoption with specific requests.

Old 09-28-2018, 01:46 AM
DaveGee
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by PCA1983
Is this compatible with ventilated seats on 14 Way or 18 Way Sports Seats?
Any option for Red & Black Check?
Replacing the center cushions on LWB's is pretty straight forward -Velcro and a couple of plastic tabs are all that keep them in place. The cushions on 4/14/18-way seats are another matter and best left to an upholsterer - which is what I did on my Boxster. I supplied the material and the install was around $800. You won't be able to use the ventilated seat feature, but the seat heaters work fine.

Here's a link to a good thread for inspiration;

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...-seats-17.html

DaveGee
Old 09-28-2018, 01:59 PM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurricane
Your website says that you have to remove the steering wheel for the steering column. Is this the case? How easy is it to install?
I'd like to know this as well.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:28 AM
EXCLUSIVE OPTION
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Steering Column Removal

Originally Posted by Cowhorn
I'd like to know this as well.
The removal of the steering wheel is recommended but not mandatory for removal of the steering column. Installation of the steering column required removal of the screws underneath the unit and turning the steering wheel to a 90 degree angle.

Once you have turned the steering wheel to a 90 degree angle, access to 2 tabs which holds the top and lower column portions in place will be revealed. Using a small trim tool, you can push those tabs in to "pop" open the column, the top portion will contain the electronics needed to be transferred to the new column such as microphone.

PM us for further information regarding color combinations or interest in other Leather/Alcantara interior parts. The steering column is available in Alcantara with deviated stitching as an option.

Below is a link to a Youtube video from Cam Hughes:
Old 11-09-2018, 12:59 PM
marsh1
Intermediate

Received 41 Likes on 10 Posts

EO
I'm looking at the leather center dash speaker grill but on your web site I don't the stitching around the chrono shroud. Is that an upgrade or just something I need to specify when I order?
Old 11-09-2018, 02:15 PM
EXCLUSIVE OPTION
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default 991 Center Dash Speaker Chrono Hood

Originally Posted by marsh1
EO
I'm looking at the leather center dash speaker grill but on your web site I don't the stitching around the chrono shroud. Is that an upgrade or just something I need to specify when I order?
Marsh1,
You can inquire about the hood via email or PM us directly for your order. Below is an sample of the 991 Center Dash Chrono Hood featuring black leather with Sapphire Blue stitching. When specifying about the Center Speaker, please indicate you wish to add the Chrono Hood along with the color combination (Leather/Thread) or if you wish to do the Chrono Hood in Alcantara with deviated stitching (this is also an option).

We are currently working on configuring our website with a more robust parts catalog. For other interested parts, please inquire via email or PM.

991 Chrono Hood in Black Leather with deviated Sapphire Blue stitching

991 Chrono Hood in Black Leather with deviated Sapphire Blue stitching

Old 10-04-2020, 05:14 PM
speedshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Exclusive Option Revisted II

My Mexico Blue C4S is back from Exclusive Option as I wanted to finish out what was ordered from Porsche Exclusive from the original dealer spec. order with the deviated stitching in Amber Orange, the addition has really filled out the cabin and it looks terrific! A big shout out to Fran at Exclusive Option @exclusiveoption for the expertise, understanding, patience and guidance with his knowledge of his craft and Porsche options, his business ethics are first rate and the stitching color and leather is OEM matching.

Extended Dash Package - Amber Orange

Factory Stitching with Center Marker

Dash Side Panel - Amber Orange

Amber Orange shift boot with black leather shift pattern

Center Console Completed with stitching

Vent and speaker in Amber Orange

Leather door handle with stitching

Fuse Box with stitching
Old 10-08-2020, 08:42 PM
DR.S
Banned

Received 62 Likes on 47 Posts

Where can I source the Alcantara raw material which is in my 981 GT4 (should be all the same in GT models)??
I tried two from the "Alcantara Company" but the color did not match, one was to dark, the other seamed ok but had a blue-violet color cast
Old 10-09-2020, 12:49 AM
polobai
Drifting

Received 1,115 Likes on 665 Posts

Try relicate.com
Old 10-09-2020, 08:28 AM
DR.S
Banned

Received 62 Likes on 47 Posts

Thanks, but Relicate can't answer this question. They suggest to get a couple samples.

Quick Reply: Exclusive Option