Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UPDATED!! THE TAG MOTORSPORTS CHALK TECHART 991.2 GTS EXPERIENCE!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 08:07 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 235 Likes on 153 Posts
Default UPDATED!! THE TAG MOTORSPORTS CHALK TECHART 991.2 GTS EXPERIENCE!

It’s been a little over 8 months since we took delivery of our 991.2 GTS draped in Chalk. But the love affair just continues to grow with this machine. Our goal was to create a complete Techart GTS, and we accomplished that. But since then we decided to make some tweaks and have a little fun with things.

This time, I want to take you through a more personal perspective of this project.

Before you step into the GTS you have to grab the key fob, custom painted Chalk in-house by TAG Motorsports in our painting facilities with attention to detail. You would be mistaken to think it was the factory painted key option if you didn’t know any better. Once taking your first step into this GTS you might notice two things immediately. The first, as you watch your step, might be the Techart floor mats with Chalk piping that are of a quality that arguably exceeds Porsches factory mats. As you settle in and close the door behind you, and fasten the guards red seatbelts, you will notice the second thing. You are greeted by your most important new tool, the Techart Steering Wheel. This steering wheel gives you the softness and grip of Alcantara at the proper positions, but also leather at the top and flat bottom, with a red center stripe. Chalk stiching finishes out the details put into this wheel. The mode selector is present, which is a convenience as many may agree. If I didn’t know any better, this was a factory steering wheel. Not once do you ever sense in feel, quality, or fit that it is not an OEM steering wheel. If for any reason you find yourself saying “I wish the steering wheel was..”, short of racing specs, I would highly recommend looking into the Techart steering wheel program.

My amazement with the steering wheel soon became distracted after turning the key on my left. The Techart exhaust for PSE paired with AWE High Flow Cats roars upon startup! This is when I know I am in for a very enjoyable audible experience driving this car. Under the start-up “Drive” mode, and with the exhaust valves closed through the center console switch, everything is pretty tame. The exhaust is present, and there is a slight drone do to the High Flow Cats not being resonated, but nothing that a little music can’t drown out. Honestly, I don’t find it to be too much of a nuisance, especially if you are already starting with the PSE in your spec. As you would expect, moving the mode selector to “S” and pressing the PSE exhaust button really turns this GTS into a different animal. The crackles and pops are noticeably louder and sound amazing. The sounds of the turbo spooling at low RPM lets you and everybody in the vicinity know this isn’t the usual Carrera. Every time you left off the gas, even slightly, the exhaust set up lets you know of its presence. At full throttle, its scream resembles its older siblings in the GT3 variants. A complete animal, that brings a joyful smile to my face as the hairs on my arm and my heartbeat raises. Truly exhilarating of an experience, that I will admit, I didn’t expect from something short of a GT3. Without the AWE High Flow Cats, this setup would probably not have the volume it does. We first installed the AWE High Flow Cats, and the car got louder on full throttle but was tame in normal driving. With the TechArt exhaust, it is a real joy to drive. I couldn’t get enough of the sound, and character this set-up offers. Another bonus was the responsiveness I noticed. Even with the aggressive nature, nothing about the set up felt off. No CEL’s, nothing that screams “aftermarket exhaust”. Everything felt and sounded like a hardcore version offered from Porsche.

While enjoying the sound of the exhaust, I also took notice of the ride and handling of the car. I will admit 21’s could seem like overkill to many. They look awesome. But they really handle great on the street. This particular set up is the HRE P200 wheels in Stone Clear Finish. In person, this finish looks like raw aluminum, with a clear over it. It is really amazing paired with this chalk color in person. The Pzero tires really kept the GTS planted, along with the Techart springs. I am a coil-over guy, but I have raved at how amazing this spring set up is. Not once did I feel the handling of this car got worse. It is capable of handling anything I am comfortable, or less than comfortable throwing at it on the street. For the track, well, that’s another conversation that we aren’t here for. Lol. Having driven this car on 20” and 21” set-ups, my hat’s off to the guys over at TechArt with their springs.

The rest has already been shown before. TECHART Aero parts galore. While driving the car on the street, you are aware of the front lip, But our vehicle is equipped with the front axle lift system. With that said on some recent filming with this car and going through some really narrow, rough, and dicey terrains to “get the shot” not once was the front lip, side skirts, or rear scrapped. I know a lot of people would agree these cars are low, and fear lowering or aero parts would make the car impractical for normal use. But I didn’t find that to be a problem. And here in California, we have our share of extreme dips, inclines, and potholes that all challenge a car with low clearance in a variety of ways. The TECHART aero is wind tunnel tested to add aerodynamic benefits and not be just looks. When driving I was very pleased to barely notice the rear wing in my rearview mirror. It is at the perfect height for functional daily driving in my opinion, but still giving the car some aggressive styling to stand out from other Carrera’s.

Hope you enjoy the photos and some insight into this build. We are really having a blast with our Techart GTS!

2018 Porsche 991.2 GTS

-21" HRE P200 Wheels in Stone Clear Finish
-255/30/21 & 325/25/21 Pirelli PZero Tires
-TechArt Front Aero Lip Spoiler

-TechArt Side skirts

-TechArt Rear Diffuser (For PSE Exhaust)

-TechArt Rear Air Trim

-TechArt Roof Spoiler

-TechArt Type II Rear Wing

-TechArt Front Air Outlet Trim

-TechArt Headlight Surrounds

-TechArt hood emblem

-TechArt Floor Mats with chalk piping

-TechArt Pedal set including dead pedal

-TechArt Steering Wheel with Chalk Stitching, Chalk Painted Accents, Alcantara Sides, Red 12 O’clock Stripe & Mode Selector

-TechArt Quad Tip Valved Exhaust System with Carbon Tips

-TechArt Lowering Springs

-Rennline Front Mesh Grill Kit

-AWE Tuning Hi-Flow Cats

-AWE Tuning Wind foils

-TAG Custom painted Porsche key

If you have any questions feel free to contact us HERE

web: www.TAGMotorsports.com - email: sales@tagmotorsports.com
Authorized Dealer For: HRE, Vossen, TechArt, AWE, Bilstien, KW, Akrapovic, Capristo, Fabspseed, BBI, Vorsteiner, Milltek, 1016 Industries, BBS, Brembo, GMG, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

TechArt & AWE Tuning's #1 Volume Dealer Nationwide
The following 2 users liked this post by TAGMotorsports:
BrentRussell (04-08-2021), Speed2k (03-29-2024)
Old 07-03-2018, 12:01 AM
Pure745
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Oh my Lord... that is clean and classy as heck. Great job~
Old 07-03-2018, 02:07 AM
phs0316
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ONLY if I had Money..... but then...... there is GT3 Touring....
Old 07-03-2018, 08:54 AM
G99x.y
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Amazing car!

is it possible to get just the steering wheel? What about just the red mode selector ring?
Old 07-03-2018, 09:04 AM
TTFLT6
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by G99x.y
Amazing car!

is it possible to get just the steering wheel? What about just the red mode selector ring?
+1
Old 07-03-2018, 01:23 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Pure745
Oh my Lord... that is clean and classy as heck. Great job~
One of our favorites here, thank you!

Originally Posted by phs0316
ONLY if I had Money..... but then...... there is GT3 Touring....
Tourings are awesome

Originally Posted by G99x.y
Amazing car!

Steeering wheel is fully customizable and can be made to you liking!

Originally Posted by TTFLT6

+1
See above
Old 07-03-2018, 07:36 PM
phs0316
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DAMN!!!!! Cant stop coming back to this POST!!!!

Best looking GTS and Best color....
Old 07-05-2018, 09:24 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 164 Posts

Well done!
Although...I'm a bit biased.
Old 07-16-2018, 07:31 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by phs0316
DAMN!!!!! Cant stop coming back to this POST!!!!

Best looking GTS and Best color....
Thank you everyone for your kind words We seriously love the car!
Old 03-28-2024, 11:56 AM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Throwback to an absolutely beautiful build! What do you all think?
The following users liked this post:
Speed2k (03-29-2024)

Quick Reply: UPDATED!! THE TAG MOTORSPORTS CHALK TECHART 991.2 GTS EXPERIENCE!