Burning Brakes

Received 599 Likes on 277 Posts

Old 11-13-2018, 10:41 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 591 Likes on 261 Posts

Do you have the torque line or do you not because you didn't have the tach lead on? that's pretty impressive. this is without a tune? I've used that dyno many times. those are some solid gains! Nice work.
Old 11-13-2018, 10:43 AM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 621 Likes on 340 Posts

JOHN, am I missing something? I see 13hp gains, am I incorrect?
Old 11-13-2018, 10:44 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

@Ukkid74 does this car have a tune on it?

If it's making 383rwhp without a tune on that Dynojet where it's still hotter than hell down here, that's strong! You have to remember that these cars fall off massively. My car lost 20 - 30rwhp from run to run. It's super hard to compare anything if you don't compare run #1 to run #1 and on the NA Porsche's runs #2 and #3 make the most power. You also have to use the cursor (which you don't have because you're not looking at the live dyno file) to see the areas in the middle of the curve and how they were improved. For example, my catless Cargraphic bypass pipes made only 3 additional horsepower, which you would think is no big deal until you see that they created 125 lb/ft of torque AT THE WHEELS in an area of the curve that you use on the street. Gotta look at the whole picture. Dynojets are ruthless and so is the humidity in this state. God only knows what my car would make on a Dynapack with the weather you have up there. It would be well over 500 at the tires on the torque and HP curve for sure. It would probably be 550ish.

Old 11-13-2018, 11:01 AM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by Ukkid74

In some other dyno run pictures I've seen, they also have fans blowing at the intercooler intakes, to simulate the better airflow when on the road moving at speed. Would you expect more power and more consistent dyno runs with fans added back there?
Old 11-13-2018, 11:40 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 425 Posts

I bet it makes more of a difference on the street. Ukkid74's experience against the GTS is similar to what I saw in my T roll racing a cobb tuned T with stock exhaust. It wasnt that much faster than my car which only has the akra slip on. I really want to redo it and get it on video.
I dont recall seeing an answer if that run in blue was stock or with the akra setup?. May just have been the first run?? 13 whp gain on the dyno wouldnt tell the full story IMO.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:58 AM
flynpch
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

For resale can the remap and remote control be removed and restored to OEM condition?
Old 11-13-2018, 12:01 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by flynpch
For resale can the remap and remote control be removed and restored to OEM condition?
I think I answered the wrong question originally.
My understanding is that the car can be returned to the stock map but the DME will store some codes. Resale can in theory get complicated depending on how **** the buyer is. For resale of old accessports you can sell them to a new owner as long as the tune is de-linked from the car. The 991.2 ECU needs a physical unlock from Cobb so not sure if they would "marry" the tune to a used accessport. You should ask them
Old 12-24-2018, 02:03 PM
jnkirk1974
Rennlist Member

Received 273 Likes on 123 Posts

So, a slip-on muffler adds 19hp and 28.5 ft-lb? Seems awfully high, given that it's not a full exhaust replacement.

Originally Posted by WheelsB
Performance gains for Akrapovic's Titanium Slip-On Muffler are: +19 hp || + 28.5 ft-lb || -9.6 lbs

Many customers purchase the Akra for the performance but the majority purchase because of all the other positives that come with it - artful looks, masterful craftsmanship, durability, & quality.

I have more of these units coming back in-stock later this month.
Old 12-24-2018, 02:40 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by jnkirk1974
So, a slip-on muffler adds 19hp and 28.5 ft-lb? Seems awfully high, given that it's not a full exhaust replacement.
Yes sir, that is correct. Akrapovic published these findings on their website for full transparency. Over many years customers have confirmed the results on their own as well.

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 12-26-2018, 07:02 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,186 Likes on 626 Posts

Pics or it didn't happen. Here is my Akra - Vektor combo.

Akra - Vektor Combo
Old 10-22-2019, 05:40 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Received 347 Likes on 241 Posts
Default Sorry for the necropost

Sorry to pull this thread from the depths! No such information on the 992 forum as of yet.. I had some questions for those who have performed a COBB tune on their 991 or 991.2 using an accessport. I’ve had some of my friends do them to their cars in the past, but nothing on a Porsche.

1. When you plug into the ECU with the accessport - does it save the stock map so you can flash back to stock if needed. Say I need to bring the car into the dealer for maintenance but don’t want them to know I’m tuning the car. Is there a data trail they can see that would void warranty. If so, I will plan to tune after warranty.

2. Will I need to modify the car to run a new map? I’ve been told you need a new down pipe and inter cooler if you are running higher boost. However. I’ve seen some 992’s on sites running stock with a remap (Litchfield comes to mind). Anyone have details on this?

3. What are the pros and cons to tuning? In the forums opinion.. such as risks?

Thanks in advance for input.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:52 PM
Jim991
Burning Brakes

Received 178 Likes on 132 Posts

Yes, it will save the stock map so you can flash back.

You can run the Stage One map with a stock car. To go to Stage Two you need a high flow exhaust.

You will get a lot of opinions on the risks of tuning. Most will agree that there is little risk to Stage One or Two.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:52 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jkautz
Sorry to pull this thread from the depths!
Don't apologize, it needed it!

Originally Posted by jkautz
No such information on the 992 forum as of yet.. I had some questions for those who have performed a COBB tune on their 991 or 991.2 using an accessport. I’ve had some of my friends do them to their cars in the past, but nothing on a Porsche.

1. When you plug into the ECU with the accessport - does it save the stock map so you can flash back to stock if needed. Say I need to bring the car into the dealer for maintenance but don’t want them to know I’m tuning the car. Is there a data trail they can see that would void warranty. If so, I will plan to tune after warranty.

2. Will I need to modify the car to run a new map? I’ve been told you need a new down pipe and inter cooler if you are running higher boost. However. I’ve seen some 992’s on sites running stock with a remap (Litchfield comes to mind). Anyone have details on this?

3. What are the pros and cons to tuning? In the forums opinion.. such as risks?

Thanks in advance for input.
1.) It doesn't suck the file out and send back a new file as much as it writes to certain tables in the file. Installing their Stage 0 map is essentially flashing the stock tables back in; uninstalling the Accessport entirely returns the car 100% back to stock and unmarries the AP from the car. It does not modify the write counters or the program dates, as you are not programming the ECU, just editing tables.
2.) On the .1 and the .2 you don't but as you go more aggressive with the tunes, should this be a a track car, it will generate less heat on track with a higher flowing exhaust. Intercoolers are only required if you're going more aggressive with the tuning OR if you live in a part of the world where intake air temps are egregious like they are here in Florida.
3.) You can run off the shelf maps or have a pro tuner modify the maps for different applications. For example, i have made several tunes for .2 owners that go on track in the summer and the winter so we have varyling levels of aggression as well as tunes for different rated octane fuel. If you want more information you can always call the shop and ask for Wray!

John
Old 10-22-2019, 06:50 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Received 347 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim991
Yes, it will save the stock map so you can flash back.

You can run the Stage One map with a stock car. To go to Stage Two you need a high flow exhaust.

You will get a lot of opinions on the risks of tuning. Most will agree that there is little risk to Stage One or Two.
What are people seeing in terms of power increase with a stage one map?

Quick Reply: 991.2 COBB tune - Impressions and Dyno