Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why are people Ass*oles ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 03:44 PM
nine3leven
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to the grocery store and proceeded to the back with the end spots. They are taken and a gentlemen is loading up his new model 7 series BMW he parked on an end spot in the back. I start to circle to possible come back to the spot and I literally watch him leave the cart just like this. Granted, it’s not the nicest Toyota, but that doesn’t mean that person wants his cart blowing into it with a small gust of wind. He didn’t even put the cart “on the curb” to keep it from blowing into that car. After following this thread from the beginning and seeing this I had to take a picture to share.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:57 PM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by nine3leven
I went to the grocery store and proceeded to the back with the end spots. They are taken and a gentlemen is loading up his new model 7 series BMW he parked on an end spot in the back. I start to circle to possible come back to the spot and I literally watch him leave the cart just like this. Granted, it’s not the nicest Toyota, but that doesn’t mean that person wants his cart blowing into it with a small gust of wind. He didn’t even put the cart “on the curb” to keep it from blowing into that car. After following this thread from the beginning and seeing this I had to take a picture to share.
So this happened at my local Publix recently. What's interesting is that I am walking back to my car and the guy parked next to me decides to leave his shopping cart in front of my car, slightly to the left. As I walked up, he looked at me. I kindly asked him if he was going to move the shopping cart. He looked at me, didn't say a word, and got in his car to leave. I was a little surprised by the situation, but I decided that no further confrontation was necessary. What's even more surprising is that he only had to walk about 20 feet to drop the cart in the designated area. Bottom line is that I just moved the cart myself so that no one else would have to deal with it. Honestly, I've come to the conclusion that quite a few people in this world have forgotten about the effect of that their action/inaction has on others.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:06 PM
nine3leven
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ccpecot
So this happened at my local Publix recently. What's interesting is that I am walking back to my car and the guy parked next to me decides to leave his shopping cart in front of my car, slightly to the left. As I walked up, he looked at me. I kindly asked him if he was going to move the shopping cart. He looked at me, didn't say a word, and got in his car to leave. I was a little surprised by the situation, but I decided that no further confrontation was necessary. What's even more surprising is that he only had to walk about 20 feet to drop the cart in the designated area. Bottom line is that I just moved the cart myself so that no one else would have to deal with it. Honestly, I've come to the conclusion that quite a few people in this world have forgotten about the effect of that their action/inaction has on others.

same thing has happened to me in the past, in this case I was circling the lot so I didn't talk to him. I have asked people in the past to move the cart when I was in a different vehicle and I couldn't even get out of my own space and they stare at you with disgust as if you're asking the world of them. you have to wonder what goes through their head and how they "justify" it being ok to act in such a manner. And you're right, in most Publix lots, cart corrals aren't too far, I usually see more rogue carts CLOSER to the corrals than way out. 'Murica!
Old 07-09-2018, 04:35 PM
rcristobal
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

People are so damn lazy. Came back from the store after a quick stop and 2 carts.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:40 PM
LavaGTS
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

People are:
Jealous
Haters
Sheep
Dumb
****ty

MAN WALKS ON MOON

911 Rules:
No grocery stores
No malls
No gyms
No valet
Old 07-09-2018, 09:18 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by LavaGTS
911 Rules:
No grocery stores
No malls
No gyms
No valet
I wish there was a button in the car that would put the car in ‘auto limp’ mode, PCM passcode to disable. That would take care of problem #4.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:50 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 954 Likes on 568 Posts

Yep, generally humans (and the importance of humans) are over-rated. Maybe we see a reflection that in modern times almost every human born survives to "adulthood" (but few actually act like adults). Is life too easy?
Old 07-10-2018, 02:18 AM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Bemo
I never ever argue with anyone. Want the spot? Take it. Smile!
Cut me off and I may silently swear in my car, that's it!
For other brave souls, I have a carry permit...
What's your rangement ? 7days a week?
Old 07-10-2018, 02:57 AM
2010panny4S
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

They hate us cause they aint us
Old 07-10-2018, 07:27 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010panny4S
That's part of it no doubt. But the other part is generally people just suck. No respect for others property any more, entitled, full of spite, and no love for anything.
Thank God I'm me, not them.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:00 AM
.2PDK
Drifting

Received 1,201 Likes on 725 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010panny4S
Yup...the great economic divide.

Getting worse by the minute...
Old 07-10-2018, 08:30 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by LavaGTS
People are:
Jealous
Haters
Sheep
Dumb
****ty

MAN WALKS ON MOON

911 Rules:
No grocery stores
No malls
No gyms
No valet
Seems like my life consists of going to the gym, grocery store, work and eating at places one has to valet. Half the fun of owning nice cars is driving to these places and valets smiling, complimenting your car and parking in special parking spots in front of the business that are usually reserved for better than 911s. Valets ain’t going to ruin a Porsche and we grab Wraiths and Dawns from my wife’s work to hit town in from time to time and love pulling up to the valet stand in these . . . I love the Wraith period.

I dunnno, seems like nobuse in having nice cars if your all up tight about driving them anyeahere and all up in everyone else’s business about everything they do and don’t do correctly in life.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:36 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 404 Likes on 289 Posts

My buddy had his turbo valet parked and then had the clutch replaced. Have you not seen ferris buellers day off ?
Old 07-10-2018, 09:40 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
My buddy had his turbo valet parked and then had the clutch replaced. Have you not seen ferris buellers day off ?
Fake news. Modern Turbos don't have a clutch. Must have been an older Porsche?
Old 07-10-2018, 08:19 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

This thread still alive???

Can't believe it's still going on.

Name:  photo815.jpg
Views: 1137
Size:  423.0 KB

Quick Reply: Why are people Ass*oles ?