Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why are people Ass*oles ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 08:30 PM
Jim137a
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 90 Posts

He did did answer the question- see post # 17. He simply stated he thought it would be a cool pic.

Originally Posted by 991carreradriver
Still wondering why the OP did not answer the question - why did he take an image with his car alone". Hope we are not being trolled here
Old 06-28-2018, 08:32 PM
dkmesa
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 991carreradriver
Still wondering why the OP did not answer the question - why did he take an image with his car alone". Hope we are not being trolled here
You clearly share the same enthusiasm for Porsches, yet can't comprehend why he'd have a photo of his car in a random parking spot on his phone? I have about 20 images of my car parked at the gym from the last 8 months haha.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:44 PM
basic666
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

lol this ALWAYS happens
Old 06-28-2018, 08:58 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
wonder if it would be worth it, as after you get the yelling done, next day to go to the gym you find a nice big scratch on your beautiful Porsche when you go to drive home

people are vindictive .
Yep, almost guaranteed that would happen.

Or the Honda owner ends up being 300 pounds or black belt in jiu-jitsu. Who's the tool then?
Old 06-28-2018, 09:20 PM
cfiiman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've found if I park waaaaaayyyy out people are too lazy to walk that far into the store hahaha
Old 06-28-2018, 09:22 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,116 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by cfiiman
I've found if I park waaaaaayyyy out people are too lazy to walk that far into the store hahaha
you mean like the next county?
Old 06-28-2018, 10:57 PM
Swenny
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by surfer
Yep, almost guaranteed that would happen.

Or the Honda owner ends up being 300 pounds or black belt in jiu-jitsu. Who's the tool then?

Might as well never go outside then.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:11 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 972 Likes on 634 Posts

everyone here seems scared of something that 'might' happen - what if he scratches my car? what if he's 300 pounds? what if he knows jiu-jitsu? i quit driving my car to work... jesus christ!! haven't any of you ever been in an argument or a confrontation? they happen and you usually live through them.

btw, he'd never scratch your car - you'd know immediately who it was.

here's the funny thing - i was thinking about this... i said i'd do something if it were me - based on how this person clearly chose to park next to the OP. hey, maybe the OP has already pissed someone off in his gym, i don't know. but, everyone here clearly indicates they would do nothing - simply get in and drive away. the irony is those same people who would drive away have confronted and challenged me and are telling me that i wouldn't do anything in person. if you wouldn't challenge the person who did this, why challenge me because i say i would? the internet makes it easy, right?

i don't care either way, i'm simply stating that if i felt that was intentional, i'm saying something.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:27 PM
rw229
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Without getting into a political or socioeconomic discussion, there are a lot of people who resent those who have nice things.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:35 PM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 194 Posts

Sorry was at work I missed a lot here haha.

Well if I saw a ding/mark or whatever , I would have def waited for this ****ole to come out. Bottom line.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:38 PM
WhipE350
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
No one works out 7 days a week. Why do you? Or are you exaggerating again?
Lex! Come on lots of people do, I do. Anyway, yes this happens all the time. I once came out of a Food Lion after shopping, I had parked all the way out in an empty parking lot and some folks meeting up with a moving truck were leaning against the Boxster I had at the time! I walked over to the passenger door to set my groceries on the seat and they had to move so I could open my door. I took a very close look to make sure they hadn't scratched it. They clearly were totally clueless. I just shook my head in amazement. Most folks that do this just aren't aware and don't have respect or realize they need to have respect for others property. My Cayenne is scuffed up (and I'll polish it out) from computer bags and purses. I always park on end and give folks at least 5+ feet so their door can't hit me, but they still find a way to rub up against it. As long as there aren't any deep scratches or dings I live with it. Frustrates me a lot but I get over it quick. Of course I never see the offending car because I'm in before others and leave after others.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:42 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 953 Likes on 567 Posts

Sigh. Most humans are lazy and thoughtless. Some are dicks (or the female equivalent). And some of those will do things even they would regret (at least if they got caught). Certainly almost all are less polite than they could/should be.

Maybe some encouragement is necessary. Maybe the right decal on the 911? I suspect even the most passive/agressive types would rather avoid real crazy.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:56 PM
titan7
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Normal parking spot.

Last resort parking spot
Old 06-29-2018, 12:30 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 772 Posts

You could always go this route:

Old 06-29-2018, 01:04 AM
TimboCarrera
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

I had one guy unprompted state how nice it was to park beside me because he knew I would not ding him. I did say something to another guy who parked close and fell onto my vehicle. I attempted a dialogue reference him being careful. I then realized the person was either mentally challenged or drugged out. It's kra kra out there. Know when to holdem and when to foldem. Just not worth it now days. My wifes Porsche got keyed 6 times parking out. She started parking regular style and no more problems. All six key marks were in the ppf. Perhaps this info helps to understand why this happens. If you ever fully understand evil, you may have become it. I try to let this and all the crazy driving pass. Perhaps I'll get a break in return when I'm less than perfect, like everyday.

Quick Reply: Why are people Ass*oles ?