Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another one of these my car is the best vs your car sucks threads

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 06:51 PM
crbiker
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

My first 911 was a brand new 2011 997.2 GT3 RS. It definitely met all of my expectations. My wife prompted me to buy it while I was recovering from a severe motorcycle accident. I was ran over from behind while waiting at a stop light on my bike. The RS was the closest I have come personally to a motorcycle while being on four wheels. I had the RS for four years and 6,000 miles and decided to let it go as we were downsizing from two homes to one. Last December I picked up a new 991.2 GTS in PTS Voodoo Blue at the local dealership in Scottsdale. I absolutely love it with the PDK and I can take it to dinner in the evening with my wife without the worries we had leaving the RS unattended.

The following users liked this post:
ash_schwin (05-05-2022)
Old 06-25-2018, 07:43 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by crbiker
My first 911 was a brand new 2011 997.2 GT3 RS. It definitely met all of my expectations. My wife prompted me to buy it while I was recovering from a severe motorcycle accident. I was ran over from behind while waiting at a stop light on my bike. The RS was the closest I have come personally to a motorcycle while being on four wheels. I had the RS for four years and 6,000 miles and decided to let it go as we were downsizing from two homes to one. Last December I picked up a new 991.2 GTS in PTS Voodoo Blue at the local dealership in Scottsdale. I absolutely love it with the PDK and I can take it to dinner in the evening with my wife without the worries we had leaving the RS unattended.

Wow. Beautiful color on the 991 and that 997 RS is absolutely GLORIOUS. Hope you got a pretty penny for that baby as their prices soared through the roof.

Originally Posted by vodkag
I still pound myself for not buying my uncle's 993 convertible for like 20k about 10 years ago.....the reason why i didnt buy it because it was a TIP!...stupid me!!!!
OUCH! I hear ya. I still remember the deals I was finding during and shortly after the recession. For example: A pristine Testarossa for $40K. .... Go look at what they’re going for now.

Originally Posted by Code
I love my 911. It is truly the most engaging car I've ever owned, and not a day goes by that I don't feel the urge to take it on the track. For me, driving it at the limit has become an addiction.
Amazing. My 911 is more of a sport and hobby to me than transportation (I don’t really need it as an appliance and it isn’t a true DD for me). It’s truly addictive. Like a toy or with the right roads, as my friend said: “Like your own personal rollercoaster.”

Originally Posted by dflowerz
A huge plus for the 911 is that it is a truly timeless design and no matter the age of the car it will always be beautiful. My current plan is to keep the car for the foreseeable future.
Absolutely. The timeless design is my single favorite aspect of the 911, and why it’s probably the only modern car (that isn’t extreme priced or limited) I truly consider a timeless classic in the sense where I can own it “forever” and it’ll never get old. It’ll always look fresh and, well, simply timeless. The word “timeless”
gets thrown around a lot, but the 911 has redefined and holds perhaps the only timelessness crown when it comes to the car market.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:13 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 905 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by Pmorritt
My 2014 C2S was my first Porsche. At age 69 I was finally able to afford/ splurge on my dream car. After getting my kids thru college, grandkids secure w college assist funds, I treated myself. Some times I open the garage door and admire it and say to myself “ that’s mine”. I don’t think I’ve ever parked it somewhere without at least one look back.
Great story and super guy taking care of kids and grand kids first. Congrats and enjoy!
Old 06-25-2018, 08:42 PM
.2PDK
Race Car

Received 1,292 Likes on 777 Posts

Originally Posted by vodkag
I still pound myself for not buying my uncle's 993 convertible for like 20k about 10 years ago.....the reason why i didnt buy it because it was a TIP!...stupid me!!!!
Pound harder...
Old 06-25-2018, 10:58 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

My Boxster was an absolute joy whenever the engine wasn’t blowing up.

My .1C2S has always been a disappointment due to PDK. But my girlfriend doesn’t want me to get rid of it because she likes driving it.

I absolutely love every second of driving my 360 but it’s not practical for daily use. I think a MT 911 would be perfect in that regard probably...
Old 06-25-2018, 11:10 PM
.2PDK
Race Car

Originally Posted by Dewinator
My .1C2S has always been a disappointment due to PDK.
Malfunctioning or just bored?
Old 06-26-2018, 12:33 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Originally Posted by tse
Malfunctioning or just bored?
Boring! Perfectly disinvolves the driver after 82k miles just how Porsche designed it! And that’s in “manual” mode.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:58 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
+1 Crazy person here. And P.S. Mine is better than yours Just kidding.

It has absolutely delivered on all promises like no other car before it has. "When you walk away, if you don't look back, you bought the wrong car." I cannot, not look back.

You must be crazy!

I always get a kick out of how the rest of the world must judge us.. especially if they REALLY knew. As it is, I can't imagine what goes through their heads when they see me pull over somewhere and just start staring intently at something on the car that's drawn my focus (or something I want to spot clean, touch up, etc.), or simply to admire it like a giddy school kid.

Your quote is spot on. But you know it's REALLY bad when you actually STOP THE CAR SIMPLY TO STARE AT IT! And yes, this is.. possibly the only place I'd admit that. In real life, someone I know would probably want to toss me in a straight jacket. Then again, I've proven myself well past crazy anyway, so no shame.

Beautiful setup there. And love the door decal.

Boring! Perfectly disinvolves the driver after 82k miles just how Porsche designed it! And that’s in “manual” mode.

Manual is no doubt the single most involving option you can get. In order for PDK to really feel highly engaging on a 991, I think the car needs to be REAL loud, low, and stiff. My PDK therefore satisfies me, but no doubt do I drool at how engaging and communicative the car would feel with a manual.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:42 AM
.2PDK
Race Car

82K without a PDK replacement?

That must be some sort of record...
Old 06-26-2018, 08:42 AM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 107 Posts

I think I’m enjoying mine:

Old 06-26-2018, 06:12 PM
Class5Kayaker
Pro

Received 213 Likes on 99 Posts

My Boxster was an absolute joy whenever the engine wasn’t blowing up.

My .1C2S has always been a disappointment due to PDK. But my girlfriend doesn’t want me to get rid of it because she likes driving it.

I absolutely love every second of driving my 360 but it’s not practical for daily use. I think a MT 911 would be perfect in that regard probably...
Girlfriend Wife. Time to get a MT!! Hell, even if you were married, buy a $500 clunker with a manual transmission and teach her to drive one. Then you can both be happy with your car as opposed to you settling with PDK (I'm not saying PDK is a bad thing....Dewinator indicated it's an issue for him)
Old 06-26-2018, 06:18 PM
Class5Kayaker
Pro

Received 213 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A

My 911? Lived up to it and then some. The level of character the car emits, the sounds, the vibe, the LOOK, I’ve never pinched myself and literally outwardly (like a crazy person) repeated “I can’t believe this is MY car, I can’t believe it’s mine!” so many times while looking at and driving something. I make it a point to, even if I have to pull over, simply admire the design whenever I drive it. I told you: crazy person.

And especially after going on 10 months with it. I truly couldn’t fathom selling it as long as nothing unforeseen happens to it. It feels like I got it yesterday. It’s the first car where I truly feel I can keep it for a very long time or never sell it
Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
+1 Crazy person here. And P.S. Mine is better than yours Just kidding.

It has absolutely delivered on all promises like no other car before it has. "When you walk away, if you don't look back, you bought the wrong car." I cannot, not look back.
Count me in on the "Crazy" status. I've had mine for 10 months and still look back every time I park it. Hell, on days I wash it, a few hours later I'll get up from the couch, walk down the hall to the door going out to the garage, open the door, turn on the lights, and just stare at it for a few moments. Then I pinch myself to make sure it's not a dream, and go back to the couch. The first few times my wife would ask, "What are you doing?" Now she just shakes her head and says, "I'm glad you still love it so much."
Old 06-26-2018, 08:58 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Originally Posted by Class5Kayaker
Girlfriend Wife. Time to get a MT!! Hell, even if you were married, buy a $500 clunker with a manual transmission and teach her to drive one. Then you can both be happy with your car as opposed to you settling with PDK (I'm not saying PDK is a bad thing....Dewinator indicated it's an issue for him)
She knows how to drive a manual and I’ve learned that it’s best not to try to teach a skill to a SO.

Quick Reply: Another one of these my car is the best vs your car sucks threads